Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Alpha hair looks so awful

2...Next

Comments

• Options
    AuburnRedGurlAuburnRedGurl Posts: 22 Member
    I love both MM and Alpha CC very much, but I like Alpha a little bit more, just based on personal preference. That doesn't mean that I don't own TONS of MM CC, though!
  • Options
    MagdaleenaMagdaleena Posts: 973 Member
    I highly prefer maxis match too; Alpha hair does look really out of place, and for the longest time I played in Laptop Mode before realizing that my computer could easily handle the higher settings. I guess I've got sort of a high-end laptop, haha.
    So the whole time I just refused to download alpha hairs at all, because I knew it would conflict with the laptop mode... also because it would definitely look totally out of place with the Sims 4 aesthetic, as mentioned. I might still download clayified hairs, though.

In TS3 I used to download alpha hairs?? That is, until I realized how bad they really looked; even if all the colors were set to pure white it'd still have some black shaded areas in it and it would look rather metallic and unrealistic. No thanks.
    I try finding hairs with textures that would look good with light colors too now - my TS3 hairs do not need to be perfectly maxis-match, a lot of them have much thinner streaks than the official ones, but its texture still gotta look.. as plain, I guess? Something like that.

Why do some CC creators overdo the shading so much...........

lil_pixel_boys.png
    they/he
    simblr
  • Options
    ReitannaReitanna Posts: 294 Member
    Falynios wrote: »
    that's not very nice.

I know this comment is old, but WHAT is not very nice?

I'm so old, I remember when "hashtags" were called POUND SIGNS.

K7ZEXAi.png
  • Options
    junichiro212junichiro212 Posts: 6 New Member
    I don't like alpha hair anymore. I confess first i play so much with alpha hair/skins in my sims but now I think alpha style is good just in CAS.
    I love Maxis match. The only thing i use alpha is some objects as mario bedroom, pokemon bedroom. It's so hard find children bedroom in MM style.
  • Options
    YBNS2468YBNS2468 Posts: 240 Member
    I hate alpha hair...
  • Options
    TerezaSims85TerezaSims85 Posts: 114 Member
    > @StarSarah said:
    > I agree but i prefer alpha look to maxi look. Guess you just have to find the right ones. Must be really hard to make them so grateful to all creators x

Agree! Btw amazing profile picture!
  • Options
    Lima_BeanLima_Bean Posts: 156 Member
    I don't really like the Alpha style. Some Alpha creators manage to make realistic hair but most of the time it ends up looking much more unrealistic and too "out there". I don't hate every single Alpha thing that exists because there's a lot of alpha content that is re-textured to look more Maxis Match. Alpha just seems much too detailed for the style current to Sims 4 and I have trouble liking it a lot of times.

P.S - I don't hate anyone who likes Alpha. I'm not your mom. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
    tumblr_olhgd34AWo1w036sto1_500.gif
  • Options
    CrownSimsCrownSims Posts: 470 Member
    Alpha hair looks good to me in my opinion. I like my sims to look realistic. Maxis Match hair looks like a playdoh DIY gone wrong to me but some of them look fine.