Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Is going windsurfing allowed in only Isla Paradiso?

JeansooJeansoo Posts: 3,606 Member
edited June 2017 in The Sims 3 Bugs & Issues
Hello, my sim is living in Monte Vista at the moment. I boated to a middle of sea and tried to go windsurfing but my sim keeps teleport to land. Is it what is supposed to be in Store worlds?

Comments

• Options
    phoebebebe13phoebebebe13 Posts: 19,400 Member
    I believe Monte Vista was created before IP existed. Ask the builders they may know if wind surfing only works in IP. @Karritz @Rflong7
  • Options
    KarritzKarritz Posts: 21,923 Member
    I'm no xpert on windsurfing as my Sims don't usually do it but I just saw two people posting pics of their windsurfing Sims in Riverview and Sunlit Tides.
  • Options
    Maybe where your boating is out of range and you hit a routing issue? Have you tried closer to shore?
  • Options
    SemaviLadySemaviLady Posts: 526 Member
    Interesting. I took a break and created two sims for MV and sent them boating with maxmotives to see what would happen. I have all the EPs and normally have no problem windsurfing or waterskiing in IP.

I put them at the mouth of the river and clicked in different places in the river, also out in the bay, further out in the ocean and in all cases, windsurfing reset the sim. Waterskiing when it appeared on the menu, also reset the sim. The same two sims have no problem in IP. I didn't try other EA worlds nor custom worlds for this.
    Cheerleader_by_CookiemagiK.gifI've owned the TS3 Store since Feb 2015-thanks to the help of many other simmers
    ʕ•ᴥ•ʔ ☆★☆ My Page ☆★☆-♞- TS3❣
  • Options
    @igazor is there a mod that can help with this issue?
  • Options
    igazorigazor Posts: 19,330 Member
    @igazor is there a mod that can help with this issue?
    Not this time, I don't think. Perhaps the water in MV just isn't deep (calm, wet, salty, blue, something like that) enough for these activities to work there properly?
    o550pjoa47rpxo63g.jpg
    NRaas has moved!
    Our new site is at http://nraas.net
  • Options
    Karritz wrote: »
    I'm no xpert on windsurfing as my Sims don't usually do it but I just saw two people posting pics of their windsurfing Sims in Riverview and Sunlit Tides.

Yes you're right. There was no problem to wind surfing in Sunlit Tides for my sims too. I haven't tried it in Riverview thogh.

• Options
    Maybe where your boating is out of range and you hit a routing issue? Have you tried closer to shore?

I tried the both. I tried many places in MV. The command for windsurfing just disappears near the seashore.
  • Options
    SemaviLady wrote: »
    Interesting. I took a break and created two sims for MV and sent them boating with maxmotives to see what would happen. I have all the EPs and normally have no problem windsurfing or waterskiing in IP.

I put them at the mouth of the river and clicked in different places in the river, also out in the bay, further out in the ocean and in all cases, windsurfing reset the sim. Waterskiing when it appeared on the menu, also reset the sim. The same two sims have no problem in IP. I didn't try other EA worlds nor custom worlds for this.

Yes I have the same experiences. There must be any specific conditions to do windsurfing or water skiing. I'm quite curious about what it is. Finally, I moved to IP, now they can do windsurfing anywhere in IP.

• Options
    Jeansoo wrote: »

Yes I have the same experiences. There must be any specific conditions to do windsurfing or water skiing. I'm quite curious about what it is. Finally, I moved to IP, now they can do windsurfing anywhere in IP.

I wonder if you can copy an ocean lot from IP and add it to MV? You might be able to also put a lot grid in the ocean and bring down the terrain. I know you can bring up the terrain and make a island lot
  • Options
    Jeansoo wrote: »

I wonder if you can copy an ocean lot from IP and add it to MV? You might be able to also put a lot grid in the ocean and bring down the terrain. I know you can bring up the terrain and make a island lot

I will try if I move back to MV next time. I already moved to IP now.:)
  • Options
    earthgirlearthgirl Posts: 1,026 Member
    I can recall my sims being able to windsurf in one of my custom towns, so you can in ANY world.
    NK4koaX.png