Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Very Confused.....

2...Next

Comments

• Options
    phoebebebe13phoebebebe13 Posts: 19,400 Member
    @LopezPlaysAlot You can get triplets in the game with the fertility LTR . I would try not watching TV if you want triplets. Watching TV is programed to give you twins . I have gotten a few sets of triplets. This is if you really want to abuse yourself by raising triplets. They are a handful :p
  • Options
    LopezPlaysAlotLopezPlaysAlot Posts: 19 New Member
    @phoebebebe13 I got triplets last time I played. You're right, they are a handful xD. Lexi and Braden (New bf) have had a boy and a girl recently. They married this morning too. :smiley:
  • Options
    phoebebebe13phoebebebe13 Posts: 19,400 Member
    @LopezPlaysAlot Glad Lexi got everything she wanted. Enjoy your game ! :D If you join this thread, you can post Lexi's story http://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/808585/what-happened-in-your-sims-game-today#latest
  • Options
    LopezPlaysAlotLopezPlaysAlot Posts: 19 New Member
    @pheobebebe13 I have been there before! Thanks a lot again. Enjoy your game too!
  • Options
    BessiebooBessieboo Posts: 199 Member
    Hi, am a new member so cant start a thread about this issue. I seem to have a problem, was playing riverview when I noticed the son of one of the families had disappeared so tried resetting the household with master controller which didn't work. When I left their lot I went to play another premade (Carpenter Rhodes daughter) and when I looked into her family tree she had 15 baby brothers, went to her parents lot and although they are still there the 8 portraits are of the babies so can no longer control them. Is this corruption? As cute as the babies are I think 15 is pushing it.
  • Options
    igazorigazor Posts: 19,330 Member
    Bessieboo wrote: »
    Hi, am a new member so cant start a thread about this issue. I seem to have a problem, was playing riverview when I noticed the son of one of the families had disappeared so tried resetting the household with master controller which didn't work. When I left their lot I went to play another premade (Carpenter Rhodes daughter) and when I looked into her family tree she had 15 baby brothers, went to her parents lot and although they are still there the 8 portraits are of the babies so can no longer control them. Is this corruption? As cute as the babies are I think 15 is pushing it.
    (confused look) Are you using something other than EA story progression, such as NRaas StoryProgression or AwesomeMod's Story Mode?

Overstuffed (Greater Than Eight) households are not possible under EA story progression, the game will destroy those households when they become inactive. That many babies, if they were born at or around the same time, could be evidence of the birthing loop glitch where a sim goes into labor and keeps giving birth to more babies until the game crashes -- perhaps you saved while all this was happening and the crash was avoided at the time. The NRaas mod that begins with "W" and that we cannot talk about on this forum prevents that from happening.

Regardless of how that came to be, NRaas PortraitPanel is practically required to actually play a household with that many sims as it increases the number of sim thumbnails available in the portrait panel on the left side of the screen. The other way to control such a household is to rotate through the sims by tapping the spacebar on your keyboard. When it gets past the 8th sim, it will shift to the next "page" of sim thumbnails. That can be really awkward to work with though, which is why we recommend the PortraitPanel mod instead.
    http://nraas.wikispaces.com/Which+Mod+FAQ#Overstuffed

On the original question, NRaas StoryProgression provides the tools needed to switch active households generally without the game or EA's version messing things up (besides the Greater Than Eight restriction). We refer to this as Rotational Play. It takes some setup and practice with SP's castes to make this work well.
    http://nraas.wikispaces.com/Story+Progression+Rotational+Caste+Settings

Without Rotational SP protection, inactive sims including kids are always susceptible to the game's emigration (culling) feature that removes sims from the game when it thinks, often in error, that a town is becoming overpopulated or out of balance. Or it could also have been that the child care social worker was called in to remove the child when you weren't playing them.
    o550pjoa47rpxo63g.jpg
    NRaas has moved!
    Our new site is at http://nraas.net
  • Options
    Thanks for the advice. Have NRaas StoryProgression and MasterController but have only just installed them so am just learning at the moment.
  • Options
    igazorigazor Posts: 19,330 Member
    edited July 2017
    @Bessieboo - To lift the Greater Than Eight barrier on inactive households or on households that are ever to become inactive, on City Hall or an in-game computer,
    NRaas > SP > Town Options > Household Maximum Size > (default is 8, set this higher)

Or you could set this at the Lot or Household Options level for individual lots and households if you don't want the entire town's restriction lifted. A world can get overpopulated if you set the limit too high.

I guess the important thing at the moment is deciding what to do with that household with 15 babies. Either allow them to exist, as inactives if you aren't going to play them yourself, by lifting the household size restriction, perhaps redistribute some of the babies elsewhere into other households (do they have any extended family who can raise some of them?), or use MC to Totally Annihilate some of the offspring if you regard the situation as a bug/mistake rather than something to play through. FYI, Total Annihilation doesn't kill or hurt sims, it arranges things so it as if these sims never existed in the first place.
    o550pjoa47rpxo63g.jpg
    NRaas has moved!
    Our new site is at http://nraas.net
  • Options
    Am up for a challenge but think big sister will have to take some of them. They have got there work cut out with all those boys around. Lol
  • Options
    Hi, definitely some sort of corruption with my game, now one of the male sims has had a baby, wasn't from an alien abduction as I don't have the ep for aliens.
  • Options
    RainOnPromNightRainOnPromNight Posts: 1 New Member
    I know this comment may be off topic to the topic of this thread but, I wanted to know if I would get an error message about administrative permission if I install the sims 3 on my windows 10 pc.

A lot of people have been saying they had issues w/ games from the early 2000's and regarding administrative error messages. ( Which I know is a bug on Microsoft's part. However, I haven't seen any updates for 2017 on if the error message happens for the sims 3 when launching it. )

Please note: I'm asking this question because I recently ordered the sims 3 ( because the sims 4 is too easy since owning it ), and I wanted to make sure I could get some help before I get an unexpected error message.
  • Options
    1need4kaffee1need4kaffee Posts: 486 Member
    edited July 2017
    If you get a permission window pop up when you try to run it and nothing happens when you click "yes" (give it 2-3 minutes to be sure the launcher is not just taking a while to load) do this:
    1. Find the sims 3 icon on your desktop and right click it
    2. Scroll to the bottom of the shortcut menu that pops up and select "properties"
    3. On the Compatibility tab of the Properties, at the bottom of Settings grouping, check the box "run this program as administrator"

That should fix any administrator problems.