Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Pieces of Time - Updated 11/19/17

Comments

• Options
    Skcaga6Skcaga6 Posts: 3,399 Member
    Chapter 48 has been posted.

09-28-17_1-40-42c2a0pm.png?w=748
    wotgen6.gif?w=656
  • Options
    I have NOT abandoned this story. I have been super busy with family things. I am hoping to get screen shots tonight or tomorrow and have a chapter up really soon.
    wotgen6.gif?w=656
  • Options
    ForgottenPixelsForgottenPixels Posts: 11,376 Member
    @Skcaga6 It's ok, sometimes life happens to get in the way of simming. We'll all wait for when you have time. :)
  • Options
    I actually have the save for this one open right now. Playing a little in CAS. I downloaded some new CC I want to check out. lol
    wotgen6.gif?w=656
  • Options
    MrsRacooneyMrsRacooney Posts: 2,091 Member
    Family always comes first ;)
    fdZPJYy.jpg
    Chapters | Updated 09/26
  • Options
    Pieces of Time will be updated tomorrow. I am attempting to compile family trees for it to make it easier to see the families blending. I have the screen shots for the next chapter done and just need to do the writing.
    wotgen6.gif?w=656
  • Options
    Chapter 49 has FINALLY been posted.

10-07-17_1-25-30c2a0pm.png?w=748
    wotgen6.gif?w=656
  • Options
    Sorry so long between updates everybody. I started the week at one school district with multiple disabilities kids and ended at another with 3 grade reading and math intervention students. I'm exhausted. So far, I am only on the schedule for two days (1st grade and kindergarten) so I MAY be able to post later this week. That is unless I get the call to go to another school.

I do have a chapter for you today though. Chapter 50 has been posted. Next up is the character updates, and there have been a few to list.

10-14-17_2-51-02c2a0pm.png?w=748
    wotgen6.gif?w=656
  • Options
    Hey @Skcaga6 I had an idea. You obviously know how protective of my own characters I am and I had certain rules for whatever character you wanted to loan. Well, along with whatever character you wanted to loan, I'm going to give you a character you have free will with (do whatever you want!).
  • Options
    I have a character who is going to be in bad need of a friend soon. Something big is about to happen and her world is going to flip upside down. She just needs someone that can talk to her and keep her going. :) And you are free to use almost any of my characters. There are a few who are not mine that I have in the story, so those are obviously not mine to give. Just let me know who you would like and I'll add them to the gallery for you :)
    wotgen6.gif?w=656
  • Options
    Skcaga6 wrote: »
    I have a character who is going to be in bad need of a friend soon. Something big is about to happen and her world is going to flip upside down. She just needs someone that can talk to her and keep her going. :) And you are free to use almost any of my characters. There are a few who are not mine that I have in the story, so those are obviously not mine to give. Just let me know who you would like and I'll add them to the gallery for you :)

@Skcaga6 Okay, will do. Anway, the offer is still there if you want (there's literally no rules with this character at all, so killing them is also an option :astonished: ).
    If you want to know who it is, it's an AU brother of Riley. :)
  • Options
    Character Update 5 has been posted.

10-15-17_7-05-53c2a0pm.png?w=245&h=245&crop=1
    wotgen6.gif?w=656
  • Options
    The story will now be switching over to a legacy type of challenge. There will still be chapters from the other characters, but the majority of the chapters will focus on one family.
    wotgen6.gif?w=656
  • Options
    I have half of the pictures for the next chapter. I have not been able to play as much as I hoped. Work is keeping me very busy which is great. Need that paycheck. Now if I could get the students to share glue sticks as well as they share colds, I would be thrilled. Went to doctor today and got meds so should be feeling better in a few days. I just want to breathe again.
    wotgen6.gif?w=656
  • Options
    pammiechickpammiechick Posts: 12,262 Member
    edited October 2017
    RL comes first!!! Hope you feel better!!!
    iTvMKZ8.jpg
  • Options
    RL comes first!!! Hope you feel better!!!

Agreed. Feel better soon!!!
  • Options
    Chapter 51 has been posted. This is the first thread in the switch to a legacy story. There will still be appearances and updates on the other characters, but they will be mostly background players now.

10-16-17_8-51-57c2a0am.png?w=744&h=394
    wotgen6.gif?w=656
  • Options
    Chapter 52 has posted.

10-22-17_12-29-43c2a0pm.png?w=748
    wotgen6.gif?w=656
  • Options
    If you have been reading, you probably noticed that the last couple chapters have focused on Myla Knight. There is a reason for that. The families have blended very nicely and have produced new generations. I have decided to turn Pieces of Time into a legacy type of story. The other characters will still be around and seen from time to time. The focus will be on Myla and her family though.

I picked Myla just because her story is so interesting. Her father was not one of the good guys. He worked for Tony Richardson and had helped plan the kidnapping of Tiana Day. Myla's children were fathered by Tony's son, Anthony. Anthony is married to someone else, but still paying "visits" to Myla.

I have big plans for this family. I already have parts of the first three generations planned out on paper. There will be a lot of drama.

Another change is that the legacy portion of the story has it's own link on the blog. The blog is still the same. It is only that instead of being listed under Pieces of Time, the new chapters will be listed under Pieces of Time Legacy.

New chapter comes out in a few hours.
    wotgen6.gif?w=656
  • Options
    Chapter 53 posted hours ago while I was sleeping. I did not have time to post it here since I got a 5:30 a.m. call to work today. Here it is for you now.

10-22-17_7-21-57c2a0pm.png?w=748
    wotgen6.gif?w=656
  • Options
    Anybody know how to fix a corrupted file? I have lost most of my families in Household Management. The families are there, but their pictures do not show up and when opened in CAS they are invisible.
    wotgen6.gif?w=656
  • Options
    edited October 2017
    Skcaga6 wrote: »
    Anybody know how to fix a corrupted file? I have lost most of my families in Household Management. The families are there, but their pictures do not show up and when opened in CAS they are invisible.

I don't know.
    @InfraGreen Trip, didn't you help Citizen with something similar one time? You're the only person I can think of that might know.
  • Options
    img_0916.jpg?w=656

This is what I'm getting. I repaired game, updated, removed mods, tried an old save...nothing works. It is working fine in all of my other saves. It is only Pieces of Time that is affected.
    wotgen6.gif?w=656
  • Options
    I have no idea, we'll just have to wait and see if Trip knows what might be causing it. :#
  • Options
    Trip is drunk. I doubt she'll be much help tonight. lol
    wotgen6.gif?w=656