Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

are you happy with apparentments in city life

I mean are you happy with the way appartments are build in city life and the traits they have how much rent they have and everything like that. cuz for me i just wish i could fix things in some of my sims appartments that i am stuck with and it sucks how they are kind of stuck they way are. i mean sure it may give a challenge but i mean what if i do not want the challenge that offers what if i want my own personal custumized appartments.

Comments

• Options
    broadway_baby4lifebroadway_baby4life Posts: 12 New Member
    They're pretty alright. I like that you can have more than one sim family living in one building now. I do wish that you can visit next door neighbors without a load screen, though.
  • Options
    fullspiralfullspiral Posts: 14,717 Member
    I do like the apartments. At first I was upset that we couldnt build our own apartments in different worlds ( because I would have loved a functional trailer park, or townhome duplex) but the apartments themselves are good in SM. It's kind of fun renovating with some of the limitations and a bit of a challenge.
  • Options
    teajayloveteajaylove Posts: 175 Member
    fullspiral wrote: »
    I do like the apartments. At first I was upset that we couldnt build our own apartments in different worlds ( because I would have loved a functional trailer park, or townhome duplex) but the apartments themselves are good in SM. It's kind of fun renovating with some of the limitations and a bit of a challenge.

Agreed. I appreciate the challenge.
  • Options
    FluorescentSoapFluorescentSoap Posts: 1,472 Member
    They're okay, but I don't like how you can't edit the hallways.. they're so bland!! and by editing them you could make them really fit the personality of each area.. run down, stylish, artistic etc. I like the limitations because it makes it more realistic and challenging.. you don't tend to just move into your first apartment and have it the way you always dreamed it to be.
    tumblr_inline_oqdvr8Z3jV1qbd7br_540.gif
    ⌠ Team Holy Hêll ⌡ [Currently playing TS4]
  • Options
    filipomelfilipomel Posts: 1,693 Member
    I like them for the most part, I guess my only complaint is how high my neighbours woohoo drive is, like chill girl. It would also be funny to see the neighbour walk out with the person they're woohooing with, would be kind of funny.
  • Options
    brendhan21brendhan21 Posts: 3,427 Member
    teajaylove wrote: »

i do not like or even appreciate the "challenge" it offers. i feel like "challenges" limit the game
  • Options
    Hadron1776Hadron1776 Posts: 330 Member
    brendhan21 wrote: »
    teajaylove wrote: »

i do not like or even appreciate the "challenge" it offers. i feel like "challenges" limit the game

I guess you could go grab a penthouse... Of course at that point you might as well build your own house and forget the apartments :P
  • Options
    filipomel wrote: »
    I like them for the most part, I guess my only complaint is how high my neighbours woohoo drive is, like chill girl. It would also be funny to see the neighbour walk out with the person they're woohooing with, would be kind of funny.

Ikr! my neighbour has 4 children and my sims are always getting angry because she's woohooing like YOU HAVE 4 KIDS CAN YOU NOT. XD
  • Options
    marcel21marcel21 Posts: 12,341 Member
    brendhan21 wrote: »
    I mean are you happy with the way appartments are build in city life and the traits they have how much rent they have and everything like that. cuz for me i just wish i could fix things in some of my sims appartments that i am stuck with and it plum how they are kind of stuck they way are. i mean sure it may give a challenge but i mean what if i do not want the challenge that offers what if i want my own personal custumized appartments.

Yes apartments and the city suck compared to Bridgeport or that sims 3 store city was like. The apartment traits just add to its poor side of the pack.

I mean what if you want to turn a dump into soothing special to live :(
    Origin ID MichaelUKingdon

• Options
    CitySimmer16CitySimmer16 Posts: 331 Member
    I really love how the districts work and the neighbour dynamic is pretty cool actually. Though I wouldn't mind if they remove loading screen when visiting neighbours, and I find myself preferring an apartment than the penthouses because of the neighbour functions
    FFCOojX.gif
  • Options
    edited May 2017
    Yeah, I will say personally I haven't played with an actual house in forever, I enjoy apartments (maybe because I live in one, it's the familiarity of it all) I like looking into the hallway and seeing neighbors checking out the board etc.. returning from work or heading to school. I wish there was more you could do with that board though, maybe pin-up party announcements or if your sim is a hot head you could post an angry note to all your neighbors...

I also wish there was a little more to do in the general area of the apartments, I like the idea of going out for food but a nice coffee shop or something instead of just the stands would have been neat. I hate loading screens [ my TS2 with 60 GB of CC loads community lots faster than Sims 4]
  • Options
    AmySims09AmySims09 Posts: 1,227 Member
    To the OP: How did you manage to spell "Apartments" "Apparentments"? Adn it's City Living not City Life.
  • Options
    marcel21marcel21 Posts: 12,341 Member
    AmySims09 wrote: »
    To the OP: How did you manage to spell "Apartments" "Apparentments"? Adn it's City Living not City Life.

Not everybody have perfect spelling or realise an error was made ;)
    Origin ID MichaelUKingdon

• Options
    mustenimusteni Posts: 5,406 Member
    I'm relatively happy with the apartments. There are some bugs that bother me, but in general they offer me an different living experience which is a big plus. At first I was annoyed that some traits were being tied to certain apartments, but it doesn't bother me much when playing... because that's how it is when you rent an apartment, can't change how it is (in my apartment we've had to fight bugs and also the drains get clogged regularly). Now I'm mainly focusing on one save, so the limited customisation doesn't bother me much, but I can see it becoming a problem if I wanted to play another save where the city wouldn't feel exactly the same.
  • Options
    ChazzzyChazzzy Posts: 7,166 Member
    Sometimes I'd like to be able to remove windows. I also don't like that the walls cutaway and you can see inside of your neighbors empty apartment. Lastly, those 2 huge apartments, Alto apartments is a waste of space. Way too big to divide up so I have done nothing with them.
  • Options
    Evilyn_1007Evilyn_1007 Posts: 762 Member
    For the most part yes. I hate that we can't remove certain traits though. I like the community feel of it.
  • Options
    zombiesuezombiesue Posts: 148 Member
    > @fullspiral said:
    > I do like the apartments. At first I was upset that we couldnt build our own apartments in different worlds ( because I would have loved a functional trailer park, or townhome duplex) but the apartments themselves are good in SM. It's kind of fun renovating with some of the limitations and a bit of a challenge.

I agree with this, however I am still disappointed that we can't build our own apartments and there are none in other worlds. I think I would settle for apartments being added to each of the other worlds, even if we still can't build our own.
  • Options
    KeiRoMultiverseKeiRoMultiverse Posts: 11 New Member
    Well see, on a technical level, nothing "new" was added to the game as far as apartments goes (aside from wall trash chutes and elevators, etc...) they're basically just built on top of the whole "district" aspect of base game maps - one apartment building basically just being a district with separate lots inside. So with that in mind, theoretically new EP worlds can also have apartments, just not sky-rise ones, but definitely row-houses and stuff like that will be possible. That's just my hope though.
  • Options
    ZelkiiZelkii Posts: 39 Member
    I like the apartments. A lack of flexibility kind of annoys me but other than that, all is well.
  • Options
    OldeseadoggeOldeseadogge Posts: 5,000 Member
    Apartments in Sims2 were much better done. There was variety in sizes, types, and levels; you could look first to a degree, there were common areas in them and the landlord/lady would throw a Saturday party/community event. Then, too, you could build your own in any style you want. As far as the lot traits go, it would be nice if they actually worked.
  • Options
    calaprfycalaprfy Posts: 3,927 Member
    I only like the posh apartments!

In the lesser apartments, the sims have an annoying habit of leaving just to talk to someone in the street.
  • Options
    MirkaKaroliinaMirkaKaroliina Posts: 147 Member
    > @calaprfy said:
    > In the lesser apartments, the sims have an annoying habit of leaving just to talk to someone in the street.

Toddlers, too, which is weird :flushed: They just walk out of the apartment on their own!
    cha cha cha
  • Options
    ParaleeParalee Posts: 1,166 Member
    I love the starter ones, not so fond of the penthouses. I'd rather have my sims save up for a mansion. But the starter apartments are great for starting a sim in. If I go for the cheaper ones I have a lot more simoleons left, even after I've asked for it to be furnished, than I otherwise would. Which is useful for purchasing all the skill boosting objects my sims need for promotions.
    My speculations on hints for future content:
    -Cars Update
    -Spiral/Diagonal Stairs Update
    -Hotel Pack
    -Romance Pack (possibly combined with Hotel Pack)
    -Bands Pack
    -Royalty Pack
    -Fashion Design Pack
    -Fairies Pack
    -Werewolf Pack
    -France-inspired World
  • Options
    DragonCat159DragonCat159 Posts: 1,896 Member
    I hate, and the team are so hypocritics. Your not allowing us to tell our sims stories by limiting everything in that expansion pack. By locking traits, apartment tools, not including shells, ect. Worst expansion pack in the history.
    NNpYlHF.jpg
  • Options
    ParaleeParalee Posts: 1,166 Member
    @DragonCat159 Its really not that bad. Just use the cheat to unlock objects. Its what I do since I also think unlocked objects (besides the career rewards we know and love) are stupid. Its probably the only cheat I use in my game unless I'm setting up specific scenarios and need to use the freerealestate ones to move in key players in to houses I need them to have.
    My speculations on hints for future content:
    -Cars Update
    -Spiral/Diagonal Stairs Update
    -Hotel Pack
    -Romance Pack (possibly combined with Hotel Pack)
    -Bands Pack
    -Royalty Pack
    -Fashion Design Pack
    -Fairies Pack
    -Werewolf Pack
    -France-inspired World