Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Still loving TS3

As some know I recently reinstalled my game. I've had to put aside the saved world I was building because I can't find the University disk. I have bought and installed WA so I have started a new game and my acrobat sim will be off to China shortly :)

What I am loving is :-

The open world. My sim is in Starlight Shores so the travel distances aren't that bad.
The cars and the traffic noise.
The details, not only of the sims themselves but also their surroundings.
The venues and variety of activities available.
I have Seasons so my sim has been making snow angels and of course there is the tanning booth :) I had forgotten how violent the thunder storms are.
The supernaturals particularly the fairies <3
The gameplay options.
Washing machines <3
Newspapers - just love my sim trotting backwards and forwards to put old papers in the bin.
Haven't seen a burglar yet but I am hopeful :)
An alien abduction which has never happened before :D

And there is so much more to rediscover especially when I start building again.

The game itself is stuttering a bit but I will keep mucking around with the graphics setting. Otherwise it is loading and rendering just fine. Now all I need is to find my disk. Apart from that I am just loving it all and am now looking forward to a weekend disk hunting and playing. Lucky me :)
I no longer use Origin or My Page. You can find me on YouTube or Twitter as Bettyboop711000. You are welcome to contact me as I explore options for a PC sandbox life simulation game.
Wherever I am friends call me Betty

Sim enim est vita

Comments

• Options
    Faerie197Faerie197 Posts: 1,077 Member
    I know my dad thinks I'm weird for enjoying a game with such epic quests as.... wash laundry. But honestly, I find the ability to do laundry in Sims 3 to be a nice touch.
    Fear not the fae, for they are harmless. Anger not the fae, beware their wraith. Harm not the fae, fear the Faerie Knight.
  • Options
    SindocatSindocat Posts: 5,622 Member
    Fairies are the best! I also have finally given in and placed washers, dryers and hampers. Gives my werewolf's live-in cabana boys something to do. :D
  • Options
    Bettyboop55Bettyboop55 Posts: 2,646 Member
    Sindocat wrote: »
    Fairies are the best! I also have finally given in and placed washers, dryers and hampers. Gives my werewolf's live-in cabana boys something to do. :D

Lol :)
    I no longer use Origin or My Page. You can find me on YouTube or Twitter as Bettyboop711000. You are welcome to contact me as I explore options for a PC sandbox life simulation game.

Sim enim est vita
  • Options
    Faerie197 wrote: »
    I know my dad thinks I'm weird for enjoying a game with such epic quests as.... wash laundry. But honestly, I find the ability to do laundry in Sims 3 to be a nice touch.

I would love a vacuum cleaner and an ironing board too. Perhaps in TS5 :)

Sim enim est vita
  • Options
    Oh dear lord, if she had a vacuum and ironing board Sunrise would NEVER stop cleaning autonomously.
    Fear not the fae, for they are harmless. Anger not the fae, beware their wraith. Harm not the fae, fear the Faerie Knight.
  • Options
    AstroAstro Posts: 6,651 Member
    I've been extremely busy with work for the past few months so I haven't had time to play that much, if at all. Yet I jumped back into the same household I've been playing since last November, and I'm still having so much fun!

Tbh, I can't see TS3 ever getting old or boring to me. :)
  • Options
    PlaidygamiPlaidygami Posts: 51 Member
    Even after all these years, I still play The Sims 3. It's just so enjoyable after a long day, and dang it, it's so much fun building/designing houses, too.
    来る者は拒まず。 去る者は追わず。
    天下無不散之筵席。
  • Options
    MazakeenMazakeen Posts: 440 Member
    Once I liked (still do, by all means) to tweak my computer to its limits... ...I still am. Its called The Sims 3. B)

When You can overcome the technical issues of running it awesome'ly, You just know your computer is fine and edgy.

To run TS3 awesome'ly, You must also know what happens elsewhere in your computer. The game can only be strong if your rig is strong. :D
    ie62Ymx.jpg
    Rawwrr...
  • Options
    JoAnne65JoAnne65 Posts: 22,959 Member
    edited May 2017
    Astro wrote: »
    I've been extremely busy with work for the past few months so I haven't had time to play that much, if at all. Yet I jumped back into the same household I've been playing since last November, and I'm still having so much fun!

Tbh, I can't see TS3 ever getting old or boring to me. :)
    Me neither to be honest. I can imagine not playing it as much and even have pauses at times, but I'm sure starting up the game again will always be a lot of fun. Because I notice I love doing things in the game I already did. The combination of replayability and the amount of your own imagination you can put into it make it timeless. As long as computers will accept the game.
    5JZ57S6.png
  • Options
    Oh dear lord, if she had a vacuum and ironing board Sunrise would NEVER stop cleaning autonomously.

Yes but think of the fun you'll have watching her :)

Sim enim est vita
  • Options
    Plaidygami wrote: »
    Even after all these years, I still play The Sims 3. It's just so enjoyable after a long day, and dang it, it's so much fun building/designing houses, too.

With you on the building and designing :)

Sim enim est vita
  • Options

About as much fun as watching her try to scour and disinfectant a stove ruined by fire into working condition?

Which to be fair was actually amusing.
  • Options

About as much fun as watching her try to scour and disinfectant a stove ruined by fire into working condition?

Never knew you could do that. Something else to add to the list of things to try :) Right now I'm loving the fact my sim makes her own bed. Bit sad there is a stray cat looking to be adopted who keeps knocking over the dustbin (trashcan). If my sim was t off to China soon I would get her to adopt. It looks rather thin.

Sim enim est vita
  • Options

Never knew you could do that. Something else to add to the list of things to try :) Right now I'm loving the fact my sim makes her own bed. Bit sad there is a stray cat looking to be adopted who keeps knocking over the dustbin (trashcan). If my sim was t off to China soon I would get her to adopt. It looks rather thin.

You can't, but the burnt stove was dirty (and impossible to clean). And Sunrise is Neat so refuses to touch something that's dirty unless she's cleaning it. As such she refused to replace the ruined stove (you can't repair fire damage) because it was dirty. Instead any time she had a free moment she'd autonomously try to clean the stove. Eventually I had to sell the ruined stove via Build/Buy and buy the replacement that way.
  • Options

You can't, but the burnt stove was dirty (and impossible to clean). And Sunrise is Neat so refuses to touch something that's dirty unless she's cleaning it. As such she refused to replace the ruined stove (you can't repair fire damage) because it was dirty. Instead any time she had a free moment she'd autonomously try to clean the stove. Eventually I had to sell the ruined stove via Build/Buy and buy the replacement that way.

Love the neat trait. They get so distressed over dirt. Instantly reminds me of my mum who visibly winces when she visits my home :)

I would have loved more cleaning actvities in TS3. I always thought dusting and polishing would have been an option. The actions are similar to them cleaning the kitchen counters. I would also have wanted them to clean their cars unless I have missed something g and it is already in the game. There is the old car you can rebuild but that is not quite the same.

Sim enim est vita
  • Options
    SimplyJenSimplyJen Posts: 14,828 Member
    I'll be reinstalling the game soon too. The only thing I'm missing is three Stuff Packs coming in the mail and then I will finally have a complete collection on disc. Back to good ol' patch 1.67.

I'm fully convinced it's impossible to experience everything in this game even after all these years. :p Happy simming and enjoy your game.
    i7-13700K • 16GB • RTX 4070
    S3 simblr: http://simplysimming.tumblr.com/
    S4 simblr: http://simlogic.tumblr.com/
  • Options
    Think washing the car is part of the Fast Lane SP.
  • Options
    Ironically, the Neat trait causes the sim to pick up dirty cloths and put them in a hamper, but not wash the laundry.
  • Options
    SimplyJenSimplyJen Posts: 14,828 Member
    Think washing the car is part of the Fast Lane SP.
    Fast Lane Stuff Pack just adds stuff so no new interactions. The "Classically Cool Fixer-Upper Car" is a part of the Roaring Heights store world. It allows the player to...
    • Turn On/Off Radio
    • Change to…
    • Dance
    • Rev Engine
    • Work On Car Body
    • Work On Car Engine
    • Hang Out In Car
    • Watch Stars With
    • Cuddle In Car
    • Make Out In Car
    • WooHoo In Car
    • Try For Baby
    • Go Shopping
    • Go to Community Lot
    • Go to Community Lot with…
    • Go Home
    • Make Preferred Vehicle
    • Wax Car

but only with the special store fixer-upper car.
    i7-13700K • 16GB • RTX 4070
    S3 simblr: http://simplysimming.tumblr.com/
    S4 simblr: http://simlogic.tumblr.com/
  • Options
    As I recall, could be remembering it wrong though, the cars in that Stuff Pack do come with new interactions such as washing the car.
  • Options
    I'll be reinstalling the game soon too. The only thing I'm missing is three Stuff Packs coming in the mail and then I will finally have a complete collection on disc. Back to good ol' patch 1.67.

I'm fully convinced it's impossible to experience everything in this game even after all these years. :p Happy simming and enjoy your game.

You too :)

I managed to get a disk copy of WA which was the only one I didn't have. I had avoided it because of the glitches but a friend persuaded me to try it. Now all I need to do is find my University disk which I have put somewhere very safe .... :)

Sim enim est vita
  • Options
    As I recall, could be remembering it wrong though, the cars in that Stuff Pack do come with new interactions such as washing the car.

Will try it tomorrow then. Fast Lane was the first pack I bought for TS3 too ! Then I got Showtime after watching a Quxxn review of it. Happy memories and now a chance to make new ones :)

Sim enim est vita
  • Options
    SimaniteSimanite Posts: 4,833 Member

No, no washing the car interaction unfortunately.
  • Options
    Speaking of store content, anyone know where the Complete Castle (exterior) set is in the build/buy menu?
  • Options
    SimaniteSimanite Posts: 4,833 Member
    Speaking of store content, anyone know where the Complete Castle (exterior) set is in the build/buy menu?

I'm sure it's somewhere in the decor section.