Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Love or Hate the Goths?

Comments

• Options
    ratsrbestratsrbest Posts: 579 Member
    @B_E2009 - I recently downloaded Sims 4 versions of all the Sims 2 base game families from the Gallery.

You'd have to see them to believe them, some are amazing.

Many of their houses are available, too. I loved making my 'Sims 2' game, it filled up a little space where something had felt missing :)
    Don't feed the trolls
  • Options
    SimplysimSimplysim Posts: 40 Member
    KHS12 wrote: »
    Personally, they are my favorite premade family in the Sims series. What about y'all? Do you find them to be annoying? Do you ever play them? If so, what do you do with them?

I don't care for the Goths. I always wanted them to bring back Bob and Betty Newbie but that never happened.
  • Options
    lmusiclmusic Posts: 288 Member
    I've always loved Cassandra, I married her to a lovely Sim and she must be a x8 great grandmother by now!
  • Options
    DevilNDisguiseDevilNDisguise Posts: 2,225 Member
    Only on rare occurrences do I actually even play with the pre-mades at all. I do progress their lives, though. Marry them off, continue their legacies...
    So while the Goth family isn't one I actively play, they're still one of my favorite pre-made families in the game. I've always loved them.
  • Options
    happyopihappyopi Posts: 1,355 Member

I've always loved the Goths and I've played them in every game. In TS4 they're my experimental family, the one I go to when I want to mess around with unusual things for my gameplay, like herbalism, or the science career. Bella was my test plantsim, and they collect freaky fish.
    The family is bigger now, with Mortimer's alien daughter and Bella's evil clone turned into a vampire Bonehilda. They're fun to play, but that's probably because I rarely get to do it, so I don't have the time to be bored.

o9Hiqfrl.png
    bd6ZTGDl.png
  • Options
    duhboy2u2duhboy2u2 Posts: 3,290 Member
    Its odd maybe but I've always been completely indifferent to the Goths. They're fine I guess? In Sims 4 my favorite NPCs to play are Johnny Zest or Bob and 'Liza Pancake so I basically ignore the Goth family. They're just scenery for me.
    Loving yourself is the most simple and complicated thing you can do for you.
  • Options
    ChampandGirlieChampandGirlie Posts: 2,482 Member
    I'd say that I'm neutral to the Goths. I did play them a little bit over the years but it was probably something that I did early on upon getting a version of the game before settling into whatever I was doing. I was the same with the Calientes, I might have played them a little bit.

I do remember playing Bob and Betty Newbie in the TS1 tutorial before I moved onto the households that I played. In that game, I tended to play roommate/party households where everyone had like 5 ongoing romantic partners. My vivid memories of TS1 involve wild players and eventually Superstar.

In TS2, I think I did check in with a few of those households but I mostly got absorbed in playing one upwardly mobile family that had pretty much no drama. The focus was on being acquisitive and successful and they ended up in a massive mansion where it took a long time to walk anywhere. I do remember checking in on households like the Pleasants and Brokes as well, but I pretty much focused on one posh/WASPish family where the father was a successful doctor and the kids all got into private school and then went onto university.

In TS3, I did a lot of different things, but I know that Mortimer Goth married into my most recent family. That did not go well because he made the mistake of getting involved with his mother-in-law. (She aged really well). I pretty much quit then because that all went to plum.

In TS4, I haven't done much with the WC or OS premades because I started out by making a conventional sim who happened to marry Summer Holiday. (She welcomed him to the neighborhood and he immediately and exclusively fancied her). It was the start of a conventional family story before I morphed that into a rotational play style. I now have spent more time with CL and especially GT premades. At this point, I've played with the Windenburg families so much that if something goes wrong with this save, I probably won't really play with or focus on them again. I've explored them too much and I wouldn't really want to do it again. So basically, I'm doing something new in TS4. I guess I tend not to go back with new saves. I'm pretty much always doing something new. If an old premade stumbles into a new game of mine, it's incidental.
    Champ and Girlie are dogs.
  • Options
    KHS12KHS12 Posts: 3,023 Member
    Simplysim wrote: »
    Personally, they are my favorite premade family in the Sims series. What about y'all? Do you find them to be annoying? Do you ever play them? If so, what do you do with them?

I don't care for the Goths. I always wanted them to bring back Bob and Betty Newbie but that never happened.

I have always wondered why Bob and Betty were only around in the 1st game!
  • Options
    ratsrbest wrote: »
    @B_E2009 - I recently downloaded Sims 4 versions of all the Sims 2 base game families from the Gallery.

You'd have to see them to believe them, some are amazing.

Many of their houses are available, too. I loved making my 'Sims 2' game, it filled up a little space where something had felt missing :)

I have to do this. Haha
  • Options
    Nik24X7Nik24X7 Posts: 7,865 Member

I believe they were in Riverview for Sims 3, if I'm not mistaken.

Origin ID: nik24x7
  • Options
    LadyKynLadyKyn Posts: 3,595 Member
    Always enjoyed the goth's due to the stories in the sims 2, but I was pretty keen with the Broke and Pleasant family. Kinda wish we saw them in this verse for the Sims. Oh well, exactly why I made them. XD
    5vJrxmT.png
  • Options
    NyteRoseNyteRose Posts: 1,672 Member
    Neutral, I don't play premade families at all, preferring to create and play my own Sims/families.
    It can't rain all the time- Eric Draven, The Crow
  • Options
    Simzilla_7Simzilla_7 Posts: 141 Member
    I hate them
  • Options
    Nik24X7 wrote: »

I think you're right, but I never play in Riverview and forgot about that!
  • Options
    LadyKyn wrote: »
    Always enjoyed the goth's due to the stories in the sims 2, but I was pretty keen with the Broke and Pleasant family. Kinda wish we saw them in this verse for the Sims. Oh well, exactly why I made them. XD

I think they should've put all of the classic premades in the game, not just the Goths and Landgraabs!
  • Options
    suzanna13suzanna13 Posts: 1,426 Member
    I often play with the Goths in sim3. Several of my sims have married Cassandra in sims4 and sims2. In one sims 4 game I decided I didn't want them to die out so I played them to age up Alexander and get him married and start a family. I was surprised that Bella and Mort would woohoo on their own. None of my other sims ever have.
  • Options
    picnikstoragepicnikstorage Posts: 67 Member
    Falynios wrote: »
    >

lol this is off topic, but the gif in your sig is the most amazing thing i've ever seen

omg thank you so much! :wink:

• Options
    HopeyStarrHopeyStarr Posts: 1,276 Member
    I haven't done much with them. They've been friends to a couple of my households in town.
    R5PO75w.gif?1
    *:.。."It's great being ((Queen Bee))!".。.:*
    ★・・・・・・★・・・・・・★・・・・・・★
    ✧ :-"As long as I continue to believe then one day my ((dreams)) really will come true."✧ :-
  • Options
    AfterMidnightAfterMidnight Posts: 1,020 Member
    Nik24X7 wrote: »

They're in TS2 too, but they're deceased. Brandi Broke from Pleasantview is their daughter and you can find them listed in her family tree.
  • Options
    Destin2016Destin2016 Posts: 568 Member
    I usually delete all of the premades and use my own sims. I always delete the Goths & their house. Not really my style.
    You like me because I'm a scoundrel. There aren't enough scoundrels in your life.
  • Options
    chidoriaidachidoriaida Posts: 282 Member
    I don't particularly love or hate them. Let's say if the Goth family did not come with the game, I will feel something is amiss. But I do like Bella and Cassandra though, they made beautiful children in my game.
  • Options
    KartaiKartai Posts: 1,206 Member
    Love the Goths <3 in my game Bella got divorce from Mortimer after I did a makeover to Mortimer I moved him out.
  • Options
    Simfan923Simfan923 Posts: 5,551 Member
    I've always been a fan of the Goths. I like their story and I'm not sure if I was just imagining this or if I read it somewhere but I think they were inspired or in reference to the Addams family. I like the creepy aspect of the Goth family and just how deep in Sim History their family tree goes. Plus there is a lot of mystery with that family.
    1FKDfKj.png
  • Options
    Kartai wrote: »
    Love the Goths <3 in my game Bella got divorce from Mortimer after I did a makeover to Mortimer I moved him out.

Aaaaw I dont know if I could ever split the two of them up! But I'll bet it makes for brilliant storytelling.
  • Options
    Simfan923 wrote: »
    I've always been a fan of the Goths. I like their story and I'm not sure if I was just imagining this or if I read it somewhere but I think they were inspired or in reference to the Addams family. I like the creepy aspect of the Goth family and just how deep in Sim History their family tree goes. Plus there is a lot of mystery with that family.

I can definitely see the relation to the Addams family but Bella is significantly foxier than Mortician. :D I agree, their level of creepiness is what makes me love them so much. Someone mentioned earlier that they wish their house wouldve had graves this time around. Couldn't agree more!