Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Only cats & dogs?

I was hoping for a pet llama this time :disappointed:

Comments

• Options
    Bettyboop55Bettyboop55 Posts: 2,646 Member
    Well it would make sense given the name of the football team :) I personally would like to see a penguin or two.
    I no longer use Origin or My Page. You can find me on YouTube or Twitter as Bettyboop711000. You are welcome to contact me as I explore options for a PC sandbox life simulation game.
    Wherever I am friends call me Betty

Sim enim est vita
  • Options
    renwo9renwo9 Posts: 31 Member
    I've been wondering if they're going to bring back the smaller pets for S4 or maybe even horses, but I'll be happy with pets of any kind :smile:
    Sul sul
  • Options
    JumpingTrainsJumpingTrains Posts: 442 Member
    A pack specificaly for small animals was featured in one of the survey stuff.

So, yeah, also atm only cat & dog codes were found.

I'd take it with a grain of salt :/
  • Options
    CandydCandyd Posts: 1,261 Member
    It only means that right now, only cats and dogs are coded as sims, and other pets will certainly be coded only as objects (like minor pets in TS3). And this could change.
  • Options
    coldplay2233coldplay2233 Posts: 451 Member
    All I ever wanted was a llama pet coded as a sim :)
  • Options
    robyngravesrobyngraves Posts: 248 Member
    I'm a little bummed about the lack of horses. :s I'm not really a "horse person", but they brought a lot to my game and I'll really miss them if they aren't brought back for TS4.
  • Options
    stilljustme2stilljustme2 Posts: 25,082 Member
    I don't see where horses fit in Sims 4 -- you could only ride a short distance before encountering a loading screen, for the main thing. Perhaps later in a farming-type pack, there could be horses kept at a boarding corral, and your Sims would buy a horse there and visit it for riding and training.
    Check out my Gallery! Origin ID: justme22
    Fun must be always -- Tomas Hertl (San Jose Sharks hockey player)
  • Options
    I think that horses have potential in TS4. You don't necessarily need them to go long distances, you know? That's just my opinion though. :)
  • Options
    Sim2SporeSim2Spore Posts: 284 Member
    I don't see where horses fit in Sims 4 -- you could only ride a short distance before encountering a loading screen, for the main thing. Perhaps later in a farming-type pack, there could be horses kept at a boarding corral, and your Sims would buy a horse there and visit it for riding and training.

I'm of the same opinion, though I could see two instances where horses could be used, which would be very niche.

-They could make the surrounding neighborhood part of a new world very open and expansive just for horses.
    -They could make a new lot type like of the equestrian center in TS3 and let us use that.
  • Options
    alanmichael1alanmichael1 Posts: 5,405 Member
    Is it 100% clear that we don't get horses?? I can't imagine that EA will take the risk of another outbreak of holy wrath. After the big T the big H :o ?
  • Options
    @alanmichael1 There doesn't seem to be a confirmation either way on horses...yet.
  • Options
    Nik24X7Nik24X7 Posts: 7,865 Member
    Loved horses in Sims 3, particularly with the capability to ride and ride and ride all the way across town. It certainly wouldn't work the same way in Sims 4 if we get them. At most, we could ride all around the public spaces for a given neighborhood, but that's it. Dogs and cats for sure, though. I would like to see more of an emphasis on pet adoption from an animal shelter but maybe that's just me.
    Origin ID: nik24x7
  • Options
    BooV7227BooV7227 Posts: 282 Member
    edited May 2017
    I don't know whether we'll get horses, but if you look at northeastern Windenburg, with its seven(?) lots and lots of walking space, I could see them adding a new cowboy/chaparral style or another GraniteFalls-esque mountain style town where we get maybe three big zones like that rather than a bunch of 2-4 lot zones, to adjust for the idea of horseback riding. Each zone would just have to be decorated with the aim for walking space in mind, not chunks of untouchable filler.
    tCTe03l.png
  • Options
    LoanetLoanet Posts: 4,079 Member
    I think we'll get horses, but there will be much more to them than transport.
    Prepping a list of mods to add after Infants are placed into the game. Because real life isn't 'nice'.
  • Options
    the1975the1975 Posts: 82 Member
    Yeah, different interactions with horses other than riding makes more sense than anything else! I'm sure we'll have other, smaller pets as well. They're probably just not coded yet/found in the code yet. :)
  • Options
    PurrdaleckiPurrdalecki Posts: 972 Member
    Well, I'm not going to think cats & dogs alone until it is suggested by people on the team, but if it does turn out to be the case, then I will become a mad woman *crazy woman, not angry woman* with poses and decor horses bc I have some of the sweetest equestrian sims. Oh my god, my train of thought is like a bullet, now I'm thinking about people modding cats and dogs to look like fennec foxes and other exotic animals... Ahh baby lion cubs and stuff and wolves... Thinking about it makes me all tingly.. Yes... Baby sugar gliders. Hold me please. And if there are small birds as pets.. Someone could mod me bat pets.. Squeeaaaa... (yeah but no don't keep bats as pets irl, or most exotic animals, you need a license or whatever for a reason. a warrant..? Idk. they are better off in the wilderness, unless they are injured or smth, then you can take them in but you gotta return them back to nature when they have recovered)

Oh my god. Baby hedgehogs! This won't happen.. Probably.. But... Oh my god. Baby hedgehogs. Despite the informative rant I just went on about exotic pets.. Oh no.. I want one. Aaaaaah:
    292bf61d4c3a995df36c743544d6f43f.jpg
    1383848250_baby_hedgehog_boat.gif

Or that thing I forgot the name of but it's adoooorable, it's like.. Oh my god, a jerboa. Or baby otters... Aaaaaah:
    jerboa4.jpg
    902f785dd91e7a6485fcd46fa8b53537.jpg
    tumblr_m57tca6oak1rvq6ipo1_500.gif

tumblr_inline_o2epubgZOk1tbsl8q_500.gif
    My sims 4 studio with poses for download and stuff: click
  • Options
    TheLibrarySimTheLibrarySim Posts: 966 Member
    Have you noticed how similar the developmental phases in Parenting are to the things pets learned in Sims 2?
    7mQr8Yt.jpg
  • Options
    AHolyToiletAHolyToilet Posts: 870 Member
    Well, there are really big environments in the Sims 4. If they make an area that's REALLY big, I think horses could fit well enough.
  • Options
    ChadSims2ChadSims2 Posts: 5,090 Member
    I don't get riding a horse across town who does that? Sure people ride horses down trails or the pasture like the survey said but Sims 3 horses going across town never made any sense to me. A new world full of trails large pastures to ride around and horse racing could be fun the only downfall would be like most Sims 4 expansions the content for horses would mostly only be able to be enjoyed in the world created in the Pets expansion most of the lots we have now are far to small for a stable let alone riding.
    Sims 4 went from "You Rule" to "One of the stories we want you to tell"
  • Options
    SkobeeSkobee Posts: 2,864 Member
    Have you noticed how similar the developmental phases in Parenting are to the things pets learned in Sims 2?

I think they did it in this order so maybe they can make such skills available for pets aswell. I mean, it's a really good feature and it seems to have effect trough-out their lives so I wouldn't be suprised if we saw the same thing being in the next Expansion pack.
    Origin ID - RosyAngelina
  • Options
    DoloresGreyDoloresGrey Posts: 3,490 Member
    edited May 2017
    I wouldn't mind if we didn't get horses. They were good source of money but they were too needy. I would like to have some birds, bunnies and hamsters though. Oh and don't forget cows, hen or sheep!
    -probably just playing Phasmophobia :p
  • Options
    x_Always_Heart_xx_Always_Heart_x Posts: 567 Member
    I think horses can still be brought back, but are going to be limited as to where they can roam. They will most likely be spending most of their time either at home or at some sort of racing competiton.
  • Options
    dreamprisonerdreamprisoner Posts: 1,221 Member
    I'm desperate for horses, honestly.

The fact they won't be so mobile doesn't bother me, I'd be happy just having them. The same way people want cars, even with the risk of them disappearing at the end of the road/neighbourhood. The main reasons I want them aren't for transport, anyway.
    ChadSims2 wrote: »
    A new world full of trails large pastures to ride around and horse racing could be fun the only downfall would be like most Sims 4 expansions the content for horses would mostly only be able to be enjoyed in the world created in the Pets expansion most of the lots we have now are far to small for a stable let alone riding.

As you've said, I imagine if they are introduced the world will accommodate them with horse trails and a large countryside. I also think that neighbourhoods aren't THAT limiting, you'd still be able to ride them around a distant length.
  • Options
    Prink34320Prink34320 Posts: 5,078 Member

For one, Windenburg's Countryside would be a nice place for Horse Riding, they just have to have a new world with large open spaces and less lots if need be.
    Live your life to the fullest, don't wait for a miracle to happen, be the miracle to make things happen.
    Sometimes your creativity is limited where you use it most, but you can use those limitations to inspire new forms of creativity you may never have thought of beforehand.
  • Options
    LunaNovaLunaNova Posts: 1,239 Member
    Nik24X7 wrote: »
    Loved horses in Sims 3, particularly with the capability to ride and ride and ride all the way across town. It certainly wouldn't work the same way in Sims 4 if we get them. At most, we could ride all around the public spaces for a given neighborhood, but that's it. Dogs and cats for sure, though. I would like to see more of an emphasis on pet adoption from an animal shelter but maybe that's just me.

Thats my thought about horses as well! and adoption.

I'd really really love to see a farm animals game pack of ep or something. I really liked that store content in sims 3. Even if you cant control them it would be awseome to be able to have a farm.

Honestly though i'll just be happy if they put the serious effort into making cats and dogs behaviour realistic and put the level of effort into them as they did with re shaping the way toddlers work. I hated the toddler life stage in sims 3 (it felt tedious and just.. meh i loved having them in the game but i always aged them up ASAP). I love toddlers in 4. The way they move. The little quirks. If they bring that to cats and dogs then honestly? I can't see myself being disappointed!

But we do have to remember. They could just be leaking us a couple of bits to keep us entertained and guessing. They may be holding things back. Personally i'm a ferret lover (sweet little noodle cats) and i'd love to see them fleshed out in game and able to run around. I've owned them for years and i've always just resorted to making them as cats in sims XD
    tumblr_ox7j4tmNjd1wqkiw6o1_1280.png
    //Sims Tumblr Here-MoonPhase Simblr//Berry Sims Here- MoonBerry Sims//
    Let me make you a cute forum avatar [Closed right noww!! will re-open closer to cats and dogs!] //