Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Preteens in new "family" gamepack?

I noticed in previous survey that I saw posted online that the Generations pack mentioned preteens. This could have been considered for an expansion and not a gamepack because "Metropolis" ended up being city living (an expansion). Do you think we will see preteens since city living was pretty spot on in the survey? See link to SIMS VIP survey: https://simsvip.com/2015/08/08/the-sims-4-new-expansion-pack-survey-released/

Comments

• Options
    tinacolada00tinacolada00 Posts: 409 Member
    I'm hoping they were working on it with toddlers and maybe they'll patch it in before the gamepack releases. But I agree with you, it seems like it could be too much content for a gamepack.
  • Options
    edited May 2017
    The survey says: Generations- "its time to start a family. Raise your children from babies into toddlers. Watch as your children grow into moody pre-teens and help them overcome the tribulations of youth. Create a sims family dynasty that will last forever!"

• Options
    edited May 2017
    The city living aka Metropolis survey description was pretty spot on to what we actually received

Metropolis- "Move into bustling, modern city! Live in new apartments and penthouses, eat at food carts, and shop at street markets, and immerse your sims in the different cultures of the city by exploring the many diverse neighborhoods."

I'm not saying it's going to be the same or that we will get pre-teens, but it was an idea for the Generations type pack.
  • Options
    nity01nity01 Posts: 88 Member
    I'm not sure actually? I feel like since they only just recently patched in toddlers at the start of this year, it would be 'too soon' to release another life stage. I could be wrong, though (I kind of hope I am), but I feel like we won't get preteens- at least not now. If we do get preteens, most likely they'll be patched in instead of arriving in a pack that way the developers will be able to work on them during new additions of other packs (like toddlers).

Chances are, if lots of people want preteens the same way everyone wanted toddlers, it is a possibility that they might arrive to the Sims 4- depending on how much resources the Sims developers have. I hope I make sense. :)
    I make maxis match CC! Check out my blog here, if you like ----> https://anessasims.tumblr.com/ <3
  • Options
    I'm not sure either @nity01 ! I'm happy either way. Pre-teens, or more focus on teenagers, or both are a welcome improvement to the game for me.
  • Options
    JenpantsJenpants Posts: 58 Member
    edited May 2017
    ok I have to ask, 🐸🐸🐸🐸 is a pre-teen?
  • Options
    edited May 2017
    Supposed to be the years before becoming a teenager. 9-12 in my opinion. Hoewever, I could see a "pre-teen" sims addition aiming for the awkward, at least for me haha, 11-14 age.
  • Options
    dreamprisonerdreamprisoner Posts: 1,221 Member
    I just want something that looks 13- 16, not necessarily a 'pre-teen'.
  • Options
    DannydanboDannydanbo Posts: 18,057 Member
    I hope not. Pre-teens are so unneeded.
  • Options
    SparklePlumleySparklePlumley Posts: 1,061 Member
    nity01 wrote: »
    I'm not sure actually? I feel like since they only just recently patched in toddlers at the start of this year, it would be 'too soon' to release another life stage. I could be wrong, though (I kind of hope I am), but I feel like we won't get preteens- at least not now. If we do get preteens, most likely they'll be patched in instead of arriving in a pack that way the developers will be able to work on them during new additions of other packs (like toddlers).

Chances are, if lots of people want preteens the same way everyone wanted toddlers, it is a possibility that they might arrive to the Sims 4- depending on how much resources the Sims developers have. I hope I make sense. :)

My thoughts exactly.
  • Options
    I just want something that looks 13- 16, not necessarily a 'pre-teen'.
    I 110% agree! Adjusting the teenager height and adding a "50% of the way to teenager" growth spurt (a little taller and a bit moodier) but still a child would be just perfect for me.
  • Options
    orkhid22orkhid22 Posts: 2,226 Member
    i figured with the kids stuff pack last summer designed to imply that kids are "older" such as evidenced by the decor and radio and tv stations pre-teens arent coming. also i feel that if they were they'd need to be patched in so they are correctly affected by future content. we got toddlers for free. i don't see us getting pre-teens for free. but in this case i wouldn't mind being proved wrong
  • Options
    mintycupcakemintycupcake Posts: 13,212 Member
    A pre-teen is ages 10, 11, and 12. It refers to the fact that their age is double digits, but does not yet have "teen" at the end of it.

I doubt pre-teens would come in a pack, they would be patched in at the packs release. That being said, I don't expect them to add pre-teens with this pack, as it took two years and a dedicated team to create toddlers, which we just got.

I don't expect to see pre-teens in the Sims 4 and I honestly don't want them. No one who has said they wanted them has been able to justify them or explain what unique game play would be available at that age, beyond "first crush", which is just gross in my opinion.
    🌻I'm not a cat.🌻
  • Options
    NephilimNephilim Posts: 64 Member
    Honestly, I hope they have buffs that are different from male and female.

When a teen fm develops a crush she has a buff such as " Can I trust you "

When a teen m develops zits he has a buff like " I hope she trust me "

something romantic atleast asdfghjkl
  • Options
    Emily04Emily04 Posts: 22 New Member
    I would love preteens, but I think they're working on improving teens. Either way I'm happy because as of right now, teens are basically young adults that go to school. :)
  • Options
    SimmeringBreeSimmeringBree Posts: 266 Member
    Neia wrote: »
    I doubt it, it seems to me like a new life stage would be too big for a GP but I'd love to be proven wrong :)

I disagree, they put vampires in a GP and they se m bigger than preteens but maybe you aren't seeing how I see preteens would be.
  • Options
    pixiejuicepixiejuice Posts: 711 Member
    I think pre-teens would be a wonderful addition to our game. The jump from age 8 to 18 is just far too shocking. There needs to be something in the middle. And I do hope it would include some innocent romance (like hand-holding, first kiss, or crushes), since our teenagers can basically woohoo a day after they were just a child. 0_0

There's a whole ten years of childhood development missing there.

That said, if they had to make the choice, I would rather them spend the time freeing our babies from their bassinets and making them into real sims. It would be so cool to see babies learning to roll and sit and crawl before aging up into toddlers. Or just allowing our babies to do ANYTHING AT ALL, lol!

Of course, I really want both though.
  • Options
    ^^good point!
  • Options
    TriplisTriplis Posts: 3,048 Member
    edited May 2017
    Though I think it'd be cool to see a lifestage to bridge the gap, it doesn't seem likely to me that it would be part of the upcoming GP. The upcoming GP from the vague clues we have so far from Ninja's twitter seems to be focused on parenting as an experience, at least, in part. Which is a pretty broad topic all on its own and could eat up development time pretty fast.

And to do a whole new lifestage justice would require a lot of attention. So unless we get them patched in at some point (which doesn't seem likely, given that type of stage usually comes in a pack if I'm not mistaken?) we may not get one at all. This pack would seem to be the prime opportunity for it, but I have a hard time imaging it addressing parenting and adding a whole new lifestage. I also think there would be more of a hinting at a new lifestage if there was one, because that'd be the kind of thing that would get people hyped up like crazy.
    Mods moved from MTS, now hosted at: https://triplis.github.io
  • Options
    DannydanboDannydanbo Posts: 18,057 Member
    All the kid ages have been made a little older in this version. Teens are taller and look more adult-like, kids are more ten/eleven than seven/eightish and toddlers are bigger and more independent than before. They all have aged up, so, IMO, kids are preteens now.
  • Options
    RinieSilmeRinieSilme Posts: 53 Member
    I don't know if pre-teens are so necessary... :neutral:
  • Options
    LenaDieters11LenaDieters11 Posts: 1,346 Member
    I have 2 questions to all the the players that want pre-teens. I am honestly curious.
    1. Would you be okay, if they just fixed teens or would you still think pre-teens are necessary?
    2. Would you rather have pre-teens but teens are never fixed or teens fixed but no pre-teens ever?

If you could give an explanation to this as well, that would be great. I am really interested.
  • Options
    NeiaNeia Posts: 4,190 Member
    I have 2 questions to all the the players that want pre-teens. I am honestly curious.
    1. Would you be okay, if they just fixed teens or would you still think pre-teens are necessary?
    2. Would you rather have pre-teens but teens are never fixed or teens fixed but no pre-teens ever?

If you could give an explanation to this as well, that would be great. I am really interested.

I don't want the teens "fixed", I like the teens as they are, they are great as 15-18yos. I don't want to lose a life stage to gain another one, which would be what "fixing" the teens would be for me. So yes, I'd rather have pre-teens and teens, than just teens.
  • Options
    BambooramBambooram Posts: 222 Member
    @LenaDieters11
    Hi! I never thought i actually wanted pre-teens, but the thought have been growing on me.
    To me the current teenagers represent the 15-19 year-olds... maybe what I want is not exactly pre-teen, but I'd like a 11-14 year-old stage.
    So to answer:
    i don't think the current teens need fixing, but more like polishing... like adding acne, moodswings or something that'll make them their own life stage.
    I see pre-teens or whatever we can call them as their own little thing... they're not really teens and not really children... they're in between.
    It would also add for more play on siblings...

Sorry if this answer was a bit incomplete. It's way passed my bedtime, but I saw your questions and really wanted to give an answer. :D
    HV83B28.png