Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Darkness Problem

13...Next

Comments

• Options
    igazorigazor Posts: 19,330 Member
    When it comes to certain programs and how forcefully Windows interacts with them upon launch, there is running from an account that has Admin rights and Run As Admin. I know they sound like exactly the same thing, but often they are not.
    o550pjoa47rpxo63g.jpg
    NRaas has moved!
    Our new site is at http://nraas.net
  • Options
    AthenaOnyxAthenaOnyx Posts: 3,921 Member
    edited June 2017
    I have another problem. I feel kind of sheepish asking everyone for help all the time, but I figure you guys want to help because you don't have to. Anyways, when I try to download items from the sims 3 store I click on the download button, the launcher loads, and the Member Login pops up and then I put my password in click ok and the box goes away for a second and then comes back. I can't log in inside the game either, but I can log into the forums and to sims3.com. I spent an hour with EA tech support and we tried different things until the tech person said that he thought it was something wrong with my OS. Some of things we tried: clearing out the browser history, disabling stuff at start up, and starting a clean game. I tried changing the password and still doesn't work. Plus, the laucher doesn't display what it usually does it says "This error (HTTP 500 Internal Server Error) means that the website you are visiting had a server problem which prevented the webpage from displaying."

I ran the wizard on the software you suggested, what should I do next?
  • Options
    edited June 2017
    Is this the procedure you used to clear things? It must be Internet Explorer even if you never use IE yourself, the game borrows its resources and that's what leads to Launcher and in-game login failures when things get junked up. Cookies must be cleared in addition to the cache/history and the option to preserve Cookies for Favorites must be unchecked (again, even if you never use Favorites or IE at all yourself).
    https://kb.wisc.edu/page.php?id=15141
    o550pjoa47rpxo63g.jpg
    NRaas has moved!
  • Options
    Thanks, I'll try that. What do I do next with guru3d?
  • Options
    @igazor It worked. You are awesome! Seriously, awesome.
  • Options
    edited June 2017
    AthenaOnyx wrote: »
    Thanks, I'll try that. What do I do next with guru3d?
    Sorry, took me quite a while to be in the same place as my simming computer. Once I got RTSS installed, I set up a profile for TS3.exe (since I am on Patch 1.69, but you have to use TS3w.exe for 1.67 and below) and the application screen looks like this.

w5yvnty6ne34c844g.jpg

If you have to add TS3 or TS3w to the list of profiles using the big "+" button, you would then navigate to the place in Program Files (x86) to get to the base game's exe file. That would go something like Program Files (x86)\Origin Games (or EA)\The Sims 3\Game\Bin\TS3.exe (or TS3w.exe). The exact location depends on the type of install. On that profile, I set or made sure that the Framerate Limit was set to 60 and chose the program's colored display to always show while the game is running so I can see that it's working, but that's customizable and optional if you don't want that. I also made sure the program was set to Start With Windows. It can be minimized, you don't have to see the control panel, but if you quit RTSS entirely then it won't limit or do anything.

If the TS3 or TS3w profile is too difficult to set up, the top choice among the profiles is Global. You could try using that and set the Framerate Limit there instead.
    o550pjoa47rpxo63g.jpg
    NRaas has moved!
  • Options
    edited June 2017
    I apologize if you went to extra trouble.

I actually said it was 1.69. I'm waiting for launcher to come up just to make sure. I patch my game when it asks me to (at least within a month or so). The launcher taking its time, it's showing up task manager.

It's 1.69.43
  • Options
    Hi, This isn't a big deal, but I thought I'd ask.

I put a save folder in that I had used ages ago (it was marked as being 2014). I noticed that all my made sims were missing except one. I clicked on a house in which one of my sims used to live (her unicorn is still there). It said, "Oh, no, there is a tradegy taking place. Modifying will be disabled until it is over." Whatever that means.