Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Where can I find...?

NindlNindl Posts: 510 Member
When I am looking for specific CC, I often cannot find what I am looking for with a simple google search. But there are tumblr or blogger pages or other lesser known sims sites that don't show up when searching but have very good content.

I created this thread so people can ask for specific CC they are looking for. Some of the helpful and kind users of the Sims 2 section might know where to get it and can then help. :blush:

I would like to start off with CC that adds or enables coloured elders hair. I did find the ones from Lina and lientebollemeis on MTS, but neither are really what I am looking for. I would like hair that looks "elderly" (nothing too hip) and maxis match. Hope someone can help. :)

Comments

• Options
    SPARKY1922SPARKY1922 Posts: 5,965 Member
    @Nindl

🐸🐸🐸🐸 girl you sure know how to ask for difficult but understand why I mean why can't those pesky elders just act their ages :)

Elder-hair 3t2

http://modthesims.info/d/459162

Take a look at Rags to Royalty (female) I use this one specifically for elders and take out other age groups scroll halfway down page also very ladylike a little further down the page

https://hat-plays-sims.dreamwidth.org/21396.html

Old Fashioned Hair Mesh + Textures

http://modthesims.info/d/220185

I cannot find much more elder specific out there let's hope some players have their own particular favorites styles they can direct you to :)
  • Options
    EricasFreePlayEricasFreePlay Posts: 849 Member
    I am looking for an app/whatever I can use for a die to roll for Aspirations (Primary and Secondary) when my second generations reaches Teen. Thanks.
  • Options
    JULES1111JULES1111 Posts: 4,489 Member
    Hmmm not a lot of things I found. I think grey for elders is just customary. BUT I did actually find directions where you can actually change it yourself in bodyshop. You can take any hair you want, and enable the colors for elders. It is a simple copy and paste job, does not seem difficult at all. So really if you wanted you could do it for any of the hairs you have or find that you wanted elders to have. Might save on downloading extra CC as well. I would just make a back-up of any file you wanted to change first, just in case, wouldn't want to loose something if a mistake is made.

http://modthesims.info/t/132710

There is this one

http://modthesims.info/download.php?t=211877

Alternately you could look under adult hairs. Some people make them for all ages and some don't include a white/grey color. You would have to read each description. Adult is advertised more then elder is, so you just have to weed out what doesn't work for you. Pain in the rear, yes.
  • Options
    @SPARKY1922
    Thanks a lot for the links! I am bound to find some nice hair on that dreamwidth website. :smiley:
    I was surprised to find out how hard it is to find colored elder hair. :o

@JULES1111
    Thank you very much for your help! I am a noob though and the instructions do sound rather complicated for me. I will have to carefully read through it and try it out when I really don't find any hair I want. :)
    The tip you mention in the end is also very good, thanks for that! You're right, sounds like a rather dull thing to do, but I am often on long train rides where I need some occupation anyway. ;)

@EricasFreePlay
    I assume you meant "dice"? If yes, I don't know any app that does that, but you could just take a real dice, assign the numbers to the aspirations and then roll it. :blush:
  • Options
    Yes that I meant. I would roll a real one, but I can't find one so I was looking for a substitute.
  • Options
    I am looking for an app/whatever I can use for a die to roll for Aspirations (Primary and Secondary) when my second generations reaches Teen. Thanks.

Something like this EricasFreePlay? http://modthesims.info/d/305693
  • Options
    Rflong7Rflong7 Posts: 36,588 Member
    edited May 2017

This also has a teen roll...
    http://www.modthesims.info/download.php?t=293685
  • Options
    Thanks for the links. Unfortunately, I can't install anything on my laptop because I am unable to pay for a program to unzip files. And the free programs only last for a limited time.
  • Options
    @Rflong7
    That looks awesome! Now I want to print it out and make a dice out of it as well. :smiley:
  • Options
    @Rflong7 oh that is cool! I might print that out myself! I love your new avi too :smiley:
  • Options
    Lol~ Yay! If you do I hope you like it. :mrgreen:

@Nindl @JULES1111
  • Options
    @Rflong7

Love the new Avi as always :)

@Nindl

I found this hairstyle while searching for something this morning and thought it was nice and could be used for elder :)

http://bunsblr.tumblr.com/post/50750916304/took-a-break-from-the-summer-collection-because-i

• Options
    edited May 2017
    Thanks, @SPARKY1922 :mrgreen:

I had this if I got a little bored with them... as a risk thing.

Random%20roller_zpsvgozmyu5.jpg

I actually didn't use it as much as I wanted. Maybe the randoms weren't that good. You can make your own things, if you want. :)
  • Options
    @Rflong7
    Oh nice, another dice! :grin:

@SPARKY1922
    Thanks for the link! :)
  • Options
    I have another thing to ask for. :D
    I have wanted something like that for ages but never found it - a functional, inflatable pool.

It should look somewhat like this one:
    intex_easy_jet_pool_gross_02.jpg

Does anyone know if there exists something like that for Sims 2? :)

And if it doesn't, would it be possible to transform this base game hot tub into an inflatable pool and do you know anyone that would be capable of doing that?
    235?cb=20140619003043
  • Options
    @Rflong7

I love those graphs but did not comment before because honestly I have no idea what random dice means and did not want to admit it :) however I saved the graph/drawings for when I do :)

@Nindl

The only large sized pool that adults can use/ have seen is over at affinity sims..

http://affinitysims.com/files/file/516-large-wading-pool-free-time-required/

https://youtu.be/344eyIIK8UM

• Options
    edited May 2017
    @SPARKY1922
    Wow that doesn't look that bad! But the animations give me the creeps. :#:D

I wish there was an inflatable pool that was somewhat cloned from the hot tub... I can't believe noone has tried remeshing it yet. :o
  • Options
    Nindl wrote: »
    @SPARKY1922
    Wow that doesn't look that bad! But the animations give me the creeps. :#:D

I wish there was an inflatable pool that was somewhat cloned from the hot tub... I can't believe noone has tried remeshing it yet. :o

I imagine that would be difficult cloned from the hot tub because they would carry the same animations. And who just sits in a pool? I could ask a friend I have that does modding how hard it would be. I will drop her a line and see what she says.
  • Options
    @JULES1111
    I know what you mean, it would be even cooler if they were swimming around and stuff, but that sounds almost impossible to do. Just sitting around would be better than nothing for me and they could also cuddle and stuff. :)
    Thank you for asking that friend of yours, I am curious what they will say. :blush:
  • Options
    @Nindl

I know the animations are not perfect but I believe at the present time that this is the closest there is for a 2 adult paddling pool but I understand what you are looking for and it would be great it it could be done :)

@JULES1111

Pizza before pools if you get my meaning hahahaha lol :)
  • Options
    @JULES1111
    I know what you mean, it would be even cooler if they were swimming around and stuff, but that sounds almost impossible to do. Just sitting around would be better than nothing for me and they could also cuddle and stuff. :)
    Thank you for asking that friend of yours, I am curious what they will say. :blush:

No problem. I don't think it would be impossible, just a lot more difficult. She has tied animations already used in game ( take swimming as that example) to a copied altered object that didn't have them before. I will let you know what she says.

@SPARKY1922 LOL!! :D Unfortunately I have no control over what she makes when, or if it is ever done. I am still waiting for my train! :p
  • Options
    @JULES1111

Ok her exact words were "Good question! Interesting idea!" LOL Which I take as she knows it will be difficult, but does not know the extent of difficulty, or if it is possible. But she like the idea! LOL So maybe one day she might poke around and check it out, she has got a list of stuff now, speaking of which I need to go test something.
  • Options
    @JULES1111
    Haha okay! :)
    I wish I was pro at meshing and stuff, I would try it myself immediately. :hushed:
  • Options
    Sally1502Sally1502 Posts: 258 Member
    Very nice thread idea!
    I really like your dice @Rflong7. :smile:
    An inflatable pool like you suggested @Nindl would be so cool! :smiley: