Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Guessing Family GP features based on teaser trailer screenshot

13...Next

Comments

• Options
    BooV7227BooV7227 Posts: 282 Member
    Neia wrote: »
    BooV7227 wrote: »
    @Nephilim you inspired me to check the coding via S4S, and I found this:

Jwe8MdV.jpg

So at the very least a new career... perhaps an active career?

I've quickly checked some of these and they have been in the game since Feb, 2016 so perhaps it's not GP4 related.

They look like they're from popups that you get when kids are in school?

The two buffs about disobeying the teacher look like that indeed, but there's no chance card that use them at the moment.

The rest seems to be tied to a Art Teacher (there's also a Art Student) but nothing is using it either.

I checked again and they existed even back when we got the first SP, so it's most likely some content that was never fully implemented.

I see. I'm sorry guys if my post wasn't relevant then, whoops...
    tCTe03l.png
  • Options
    comicsforlifecomicsforlife Posts: 9,585 Member
    its ok its still news to me thanks
    more for sim kids and more drama please
  • Options
    NeiaNeia Posts: 4,190 Member
    @Nephilim you inspired me to check the coding via S4S, and I found this:

Jwe8MdV.jpg

So at the very least a new career... perhaps an active career?

I've quickly checked some of these and they have been in the game since Feb, 2016 so perhaps it's not GP4 related.

They look like they're from popups that you get when kids are in school?

The two buffs about disobeying the teacher look like that indeed, but there's no chance card that use them at the moment.

The rest seems to be tied to a Art Teacher (there's also a Art Student) but nothing is using it either.

I checked again and they existed even back when we got the first SP, so it's most likely some content that was never fully implemented.

I see. I'm sorry guys if my post wasn't relevant then, whoops...

Oh no, don't be sorry, it's fun to discover things like that :)
  • Options
    AlbaWaterhouseAlbaWaterhouse Posts: 3,953 Member
    I'm assuming that the teacher career might make a comeback based on the trailer.
    Since it's a pack that seems to be focusing on family, I would love to have part time jobs available for adults so they can work while the kids are at school or for only a couple of hours a day and then spend the rest of the time with their children.
    Origin ID is: AlbaWaterhouse
    All my creations are CC free.
  • Options
    DannydanboDannydanbo Posts: 18,057 Member
    I would rather have a school pack of some kind than add a few bits and bobs into this pack and take up space for other family interactions.
  • Options
    MadameLeeMadameLee Posts: 32,757 Member
    Dannydanbo wrote: »
    I would rather have a school pack of some kind than add a few bits and bobs into this pack and take up space for other family interactions.

But with a school pack you wouldn't be able to devleop PARENTING SKILLs
    6adMCGP.gif
  • Options
    Mariefoxprice83Mariefoxprice83 Posts: 8,109 Member
    I'm assuming that the teacher career might make a comeback based on the trailer.
    Since it's a pack that seems to be focusing on family, I would love to have part time jobs available for adults so they can work while the kids are at school or for only a couple of hours a day and then spend the rest of the time with their children.

I would love both part time jobs and the Education career to return.
    Better to reign in Hell, than serve in Heaven.
  • Options
    MadameLee wrote: »

But with a school pack you wouldn't be able to devleop PARENTING SKILLs

The school pack and this family pack would be two different packs.
  • Options
    RamblineRoseRamblineRose Posts: 814 Member
    Don't be sorry about finding that information. This is a neat find that could be implemented in the future if not in this pack fully. I love it when people find tidbits like this gives us things to hope for and dream about.
  • Options
    NephilimNephilim Posts: 64 Member
    Found out the new gamepack is called parenthood ;-)) SimguruDrake removed the title of it after accidentally typing it as the headline,
  • Options
    SparklePlumleySparklePlumley Posts: 1,061 Member
    Nephilim wrote: »
    Found out the new gamepack is called parenthood ;-)) SimguruDrake removed the title of it after accidentally typing it as the headline,

@Nephilim :o Where was this? Can u give a link or tell us more? Juicy juicy! :p
  • Options
    NephilimNephilim Posts: 64 Member
    @SparklePlumley

In General discussion she was mentioning a giveaway but the title will say " insert here " but she has removed it, SimGuruNinja commented on another thread where he said she'll deal with consequences (in a playful way)
  • Options
    doedeardoedear Posts: 303 Member
    I'd love more child traits. I don't want imaginary friends back though.

That imaginary friend gave me the willies. There was something about it that just didn't sit right with me. Maybe it was how it grew with your kid and, at some point, you could marry it. Too weird for me.

i like it, it's kinda dark.
  • Options
    dancenow13dancenow13 Posts: 160 Member
    edited May 2017
    lI6wAqX.jpg

I think we're getting magazines! In the pictures that have been shown in another thread, look on the front of the table and at that thing the father is holding - they're thinner than books! And in the photo from the teaser in the kitchen, it looks like there is a magazine holder to the right of the image.

I also think groundings are back from what they've shown - a mother telling off a teen with jail bars in a thought bubble.
  • Options
    luthienrisingluthienrising Posts: 37,628 Member
    dancenow13 wrote: »
    lI6wAqX.jpg

I think we're getting magazines! In the pictures that have been shown in another thread, look on the front of the table and at that thing the father is holding - they're thinner than books! And in the photo from the teaser in the kitchen, it looks like there is a magazine holder to the right of the image.

I also think groundings are back from what they've shown - a mother telling off a teen with jail bars in a thought bubble.

I thought it could be a manual for the thing they're building or using?
    EA CREATOR NETWORK MEMBER — Want to be notified of patches, new Broken Mods threads, and urgent Sims 4 news? Follow me at https://www.patreon.com/luthienrising.
  • Options
    HermitgirlHermitgirl Posts: 8,825 Member
    Acck the speculation is getting me excited and I'm not much of a family player...
    egTcBMc.png
  • Options
    I want to know if those objects (the wooden flowers in the fence, the little farm next to Mom and the bridge in the teens room) can be interacted with or are just décor.
  • Options
    dancenow13dancenow13 Posts: 160 Member
    I want to know if those objects (the wooden flowers in the fence, the little farm next to Mom and the bridge in the teens room) can be interacted with or are just décor.

They look like dioramas!
  • Options
    renwo9renwo9 Posts: 31 Member
    > @BooV7227 said:
    > @Nephilim you inspired me to check the coding via S4S, and I found this:
    >
    >
    >
    > So at the very least a new career... perhaps an active career?

I've missed the education career! I really hope they do it right cuz it has so much potential for gameplay!!
    Sul sul
  • Options
    edited May 2017

They look like dioramas!

Turns out they're part of the school homework projects. Can't wait to play each one, especially the rocket. You're kid could love rockets and build several for school and grow up to be an astronaut.
  • Options
    Briana2425Briana2425 Posts: 3,591 Member

They look like dioramas!

Turns out they're part of the school homework projects. Can't wait to play each one, especially the rocket. You're kid could love rockets and build several for school and grow up to be an astronaut.

I like the rocket and volcanoes I remember building them in school though but I'm excited to see what will happen with both.
  • Options
    > @Briana2425 said:
    > Dannydanbo wrote: »
    >
    > dancenow13 wrote: »
    >
    > Dannydanbo wrote: »
    >
    > I want to know if those objects (the wooden flowers in the fence, the little farm next to Mom and the bridge in the teens room) can be interacted with or are just décor.
    >
    >
    >
    >
    > They look like dioramas!
    >
    >
    >
    >
    > Turns out they're part of the school homework projects. Can't wait to play each one, especially the rocket. You're kid could love rockets and build several for school and grow up to be an astronaut.
    >
    >
    >
    >
    > I like the rocket and volcanoes I remember building them in school though but I'm excited to see what will happen with both.

I'm thinking about building a new shop that carries odd items, The Curiosity Shop. I'll sell things like the science projects and various collectables, maybe even the odd rocket ship sim for sims that want more after playing with the science project. Any odd object that would seem out of place in other shops, would be perfect in mine.
  • Options
    LaauLaau Posts: 2 New Member
    I guess I found something in the official trailer, just look in 0:42, there's this
  • Options
    Laau wrote: »
    I guess I found something in the official trailer, just look in 0:42, there's this

There's what?
  • Options
    meadowraynemeadowrayne Posts: 38 Member
    I hope they have after school stuff activities!! That was one of my favorites in S3 Generations! I hope that the 4 pictures are a hint of seasons. Did anyone else LOVE the kitchen counters that they have? I hope they have a white with beige/brown counters for that classic suburban kitchen feel, the farmhouse sink was amazing to see! Finally!