Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Tots, vamps, bowling..still tots :)

ladybreidladybreid Posts: 3,455 Member
So we have had a couple of packs come out since tots finally arrived and I have to say that my excitement and over the moon happiness about having tots has not waned or been over shadowed by and of the other new stuff. We live in a world of instant gratification and constant change now and a lot of us tend to move right along with it and adapt an "out with the old in with the new" attitude.

Here we are though months later and I still am so happy to have toddlers back. Now that they are here I have doubled my time played in TS4 and more than that I'm actually fully engaged in my family game play where as before tots arrived most of my time with the game open I wasn't even playing and was off doing non sim stuff with the game minimized.

I was thinking about this today and wondered who else here is still loving the heck out of their toddler having families?
wz3Vdbh.jpg
Saying "not to be rude", then blatently being rude does not excuse rude behavior.

Comments

• Options
    SageRainWillowSageRainWillow Posts: 2,221 Member
    edited April 2017
    ladybreid wrote: »
    So we have had a couple of packs come out since tots finally arrived and I have to say that my excitement and over the moon happiness about having tots has not waned or been over shadowed by and of the other new stuff. We live in a world of instant gratification and constant change now and a lot of us tend to move right along with it and adapt an "out with the old in with the new" attitude.

Here we are though months later and I still am so happy to have toddlers back. Now that they are here I have doubled my time played in TS4 and more than that I'm actually fully engaged in my family game play where as before tots arrived most of my time with the game open I wasn't even playing and was off doing non sim stuff with the game minimized.

I was thinking about this today and wondered who else here is still loving the heck out of their toddler having families?

I'm the same way. I wouldn't play 4 half as much without them. I thought they were incredibly hard at first, but now they are so easy, I can handle multiples with no problem. I tend to turn aging off when there's tots in the house since I really want to slow down and play them fully. I've taken mine to festivals and camping (which is difficult because they can't sleep in tents).

I can't wait for the family GP coming out later this year. I'm SO hoping for new toddler activities and things to do with them.
    42959178421_482f6f6a5c_o.png

• Options
    Yeah my first set of triplets really threw me for a loop but since then it's been pie.These tots are more in depth and easier than previous versions. Once you get the hang of them it really is just pie. I never played with aging off but my past 2 families I have because I enjoy them having toddlers.

My current family is the Pie family and their tots are twin girls, Bumbleberry and Razzleberry and

5pj3ew.jpg

2rd7mnm.jpg

Mom and dad are Blueberry and Boysenberry but I havent taken pics yet.

wz3Vdbh.jpg
    Saying "not to be rude", then blatently being rude does not excuse rude behavior.
  • Options
    @ladybreid Awww how cute are they?! I've never played with berry sims before. But I'm curious about the ear sliders. Where'd you get them?

• Options
    stilljustme2stilljustme2 Posts: 25,082 Member
    I'm taking a break from families until the new Family GP releases -- hoping to age up my teen sweethearts and get them married and started with their family though they'll need to move out of their tiny San Myshuno apartment. But looking forward to getting back to having little ones running around the house.
    Check out my Gallery! Origin ID: justme22
    Fun must be always -- Tomas Hertl (San Jose Sharks hockey player)
  • Options
    I8PIKACHUI8PIKACHU Posts: 572 Member
    Vampires over tots.
    soul-glo.gif
    Let your soul shine through.
  • Options
    Jordan061102Jordan061102 Posts: 3,918 Member
    I'm taking a break from families until the new Family GP releases -- hoping to age up my teen sweethearts and get them married and started with their family though they'll need to move out of their tiny San Myshuno apartment. But looking forward to getting back to having little ones running around the house.

Same, I stop to play my principal family because I want play with them with the Family GP. But it's too long, I'm so impatient.
    Lu4ERme.gif
  • Options
    FairyGodMotherFairyGodMother Posts: 7,406 Member
    They are just adorable <3 Love the names too <3

I can't seem to get enough of the toddlers. A fantastic job they did on them! I am so looking forward to the Family GP to see what they come out with!
  • Options
    edited April 2017
    @ladybreid Awww how cute are they?! I've never played with berry sims before. But I'm curious about the ear sliders. Where'd you get them?

They aren't sliders they are accessories that will work with any skins including ear blushers
    http://simfileshare.net/folder/11260/

Here are the ones for adults:
    http://notegain.tumblr.com/post/106398765718/sad-elf-ears
    Post edited by ladybreid on
    wz3Vdbh.jpg
  • Options

They aren't sliders they are accessories that will work with any skins including ear blushers
    http://simfileshare.net/folder/11260/

Here are the ones for adults:
    http://notegain.tumblr.com/post/106398765718/sad-elf-ears

Cool! Thank you :)

• Options
    Sha2520032003Sha2520032003 Posts: 2,258 Member

I love toddlers & so happy we have them! I thought they were challenging at first, especially tots with the clingy or fussy traits but I've finally gotten the hang of having multiples. I'm still learning new things toddlers can do though. Like...I didn't know they could eat popcorn. I had popcorn/movie night for the family and little Adrian grabbed a bowl of popcorn and sat next to his sister on the couch to watch the movie. Parents were on the other couch and they all ate popcorn together & watched the movie! I usually can't keep my Sims sitting still for very long, so this was a big success for me to get everyone to sit still, eat popcorn, talk & watch a movie.....I loved this type of family interaction. & I didn't know that the toddlers were interested in the puppet shows. Adrian got a whim for it....so I made that a family thing as well, while the child performed her puppet show.

For me, watching the baby jump from a baby to a child just bothered me so much. I love having the toddler stage as it makes it seem so much more real. I love vampires too. But I have to be in the mood to play my vampire family. I'm playing with my alien family right now, and I haven't played aliens for like a year, so I'm having a blast with my current family. I like to rotate in between my save files, so at some point I'll get back to my vamps. But for now I'm happy with my aliens & toddlers.
  • Options
    Writin_RegWritin_Reg Posts: 28,907 Member

I feel over the moon happy they are here and I never have to feel lousy about having families in the game any more. To me all the new stuff just enhances my joy at having the option and not have it not in the game. When I want to play the little cuties I have an entire town just full of households with infants and toddlers anytime I feel like I want to play them. Having the option is the best thing ever for me.

"Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.

In dreams - I LIVE!
    In REALITY, I simply exist.....

• Options
    agent_bevagent_bev Posts: 1,313 Member

I'm the same way. I wouldn't play 4 half as much without them. I thought they were incredibly hard at first, but now they are so easy, I can handle multiples with no problem. I tend to turn aging off when there's tots in the house since I really want to slow down and play them fully. I've taken mine to festivals and camping (which is difficult because they can't sleep in tents).

I can't wait for the family GP coming out later this year. I'm SO hoping for new toddler activities and things to do with them.

Are they Ok to sleep in a regular lodge?

• Options
    agent_bev wrote: »

Are they Ok to sleep in a regular lodge?

If you rent a lodge, they still can only nap on couches, chairs, or floors unless you outfit the lodge with a toddler bed in advance. I haven't tried it, but I'm sure it's probably possible to make a toddler-friendly lodge.

• Options
    At least they can go on vacation with the family now - they can't in Sims 2 or 3 period.

"Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.

In dreams - I LIVE!

• Options
    Writin_Reg wrote: »
    At least they can go on vacation with the family now - they can't in Sims 2 or 3 period.

True, but there's still nothing for them to really do. It would be nice if eventually there were vacation activities tots could enjoy. They just hang around camp, and hopefully you at least remembered to bring a toy along.

• Options
    Writin_Reg wrote: »

True, but there's still nothing for them to really do. It would be nice if eventually there were vacation activities tots could enjoy. They just hang around camp, and hopefully you at least remembered to bring a toy along.

So agree - they need toddler sand boxes and little toddler pools and out door push pull toys. I would love that too.

In dreams - I LIVE!

• Options
    zeppelin123zeppelin123 Posts: 864 Member
    I really want kiddie swings and kiddie pools (or for adults to hold the tots in the pool like in freeplay or in sims 3 island paradise with the ocean). Tots really need swimwear. My little nephew who is 20 months is in the pool all the time.
  • Options
    floaties would be awesome, I'd like tot pools too and strollers! I don't like that when I take my tot out and about they just go off wandering. Hopefully if we get a generations EP this stuff will be included.
    wz3Vdbh.jpg