Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

The Sims 4 - Time Management

Comments

• Options
    Uzone27Uzone27 Posts: 2,808 Member
    edited April 2017
    muzickmage wrote: »
    Uzone27 wrote: »
    I welcome the game's motive management being more challenging than in Sims 3 or 2, but despite this I'm not bling to how it is out of balance. If animations played faster and sims moved more quickly, but in turn motives dropped faster than they do now, then we had a game that is still challenging, but that felt more realistic. This isn't a bout a motive-nerf, but instead about re-evaluating the animation play-times while still keeping the same challenge level.

huh? Animation play times are lightening fast in this iteration.
    The three exceptions are cooking showering and eating.
    They don't make their beds... they don't drag butt in the morning, they don't need to get into a car to go anywhere, they don't need to shop for books or groceries, they don't even need to feed the fish.

I'm glad they take their time to eat. Family meals were near impossible in TS3.

Mealtimes are also a great way to handle multiple tasks at the same time, be they releated to personal relationships, needs or skilling.
    Showers are the only other thing that run a bit longer than previous iterations...and there are objects and options available to shorten that down to nothing as well.

I just don't see a valid complaint here, people asked for the return of Sims actually sitting down and eating together like they did in TS2.

And, you can take comfort in your opinion when you limit it to just household stuff like eating and showering. If you read the blog posts, the complaint isn't limited to going for a pee.

Also, if I may add... are you saying that there "isn't" a valid complaint here because you don't see one? Do you have to agree with our opinion's before the rest of us have a valid thought?

It's a valid complaint for "us".

I will be the first to admit that I get a bit defensive when it comes to this topic.
    Yes I'm saying in my opinion the poeple who could never handle or accept the fact that this was once a game have pushed the strartegic plate juggling aspect so far into the background that it's barely even recognizable as a game anynmore.

So yes it gets my back up a bit when I see people try and push the envelope clear off the edge of the table.

Well, look at it this way. If you want a more difficult game, or a game with more challenges... then we need more time in a sims day to adopt these challenges.

IMO, the reason why the game is so easy, is because the game is setup so people only have to compromise the time limits to just doing a few things per sim day. And... how difficult and challenging is that?

I vote.. slow down the sim day and give us more time to really rack up the queve line. Now that's more challenging. Personally I think you already have the "easy" button.

You never have played the Original have you?
    I have to assume you never did...becuase I'm telling you they have already done what you've asked many times in the past.
    It's to the point that there is very little meat on the bone for strategic players like myself.

I happen to agree with you that the Dining out experience could use some optimization...but a system wide time expansion/motive nerf isn't the answer here.

It's not the answer for... "you".

What hasn't been done in the past is a time management option in the options section. If you want 1 second (reality) = 1 minute (game time), fair enough. Then simply click that option and play your game. If I want 2 seconds (reality) = 1 minute (game time), then fair enough. I can choose that option in the options menu and simply play my game.

IMO, that would be a better resolve than trying to find 1 time speed to fit all.

Did you happen to watch that video I left posted above?
    I'm not saying I want it to go back to that...but that's the game millions of people fell in love with.
    As far as I'm concerned the game was changed to accomodate the likes of you...or anyone who complained the game was too hard... not vice versa.

Having said that I like your suggestion.
    I'm all for giving people options which is what really burned me over the years about this topic in the first place.

You see you are either playing the game...or you are exploring the sandbox...
    There are plenty of ways to cheat in the game so you can do the latter to your hear's content
    Hoewver when they nerf the game for everyone because some people think it's too hard...that's what I've always had a problem with.
  • Options
    TrimothTrimoth Posts: 418 Member
    mc command center has a time control mod, I've been using since it came out really helps with time management
    tumblr_np609wKvSy1ssn1m9o2_540.jpg

Origin id: trimoth

• Options
    muzickmagemuzickmage Posts: 986 Member
    edited April 2017
    I welcome the game's motive management being more challenging than in Sims 3 or 2, but despite this I'm not bling to how it is out of balance. If animations played faster and sims moved more quickly, but in turn motives dropped faster than they do now, then we had a game that is still challenging, but that felt more realistic. This isn't a bout a motive-nerf, but instead about re-evaluating the animation play-times while still keeping the same challenge level.

They don't make their beds... they don't drag butt in the morning, they don't need to get into a car to go anywhere, they don't need to shop for books or groceries, they don't even need to feed the fish.

Mealtimes are also a great way to handle multiple tasks at the same time, be they releated to personal relationships, needs or skilling.
    Showers are the only other thing that run a bit longer than previous iterations...and there are objects and options available to shorten that down to nothing as well.

I just don't see a valid complaint here, people asked for the return of Sims actually sitting down and eating together like they did in TS2.

And, you can take comfort in your opinion when you limit it to just household stuff like eating and showering. If you read the blog posts, the complaint isn't limited to going for a pee.

Also, if I may add... are you saying that there "isn't" a valid complaint here because you don't see one? Do you have to agree with our opinion's before the rest of us have a valid thought?

I will be the first to admit that I get a bit defensive when it comes to this topic.
    Yes I'm saying in my opinion the poeple who could never handle or accept the fact that this was once a game have pushed the strartegic plate juggling aspect so far into the background that it's barely even recognizable as a game anynmore.

So yes it gets my back up a bit when I see people try and push the envelope clear off the edge of the table.

Well, look at it this way. If you want a more difficult game, or a game with more challenges... then we need more time in a sims day to adopt these challenges.

IMO, the reason why the game is so easy, is because the game is setup so people only have to compromise the time limits to just doing a few things per sim day. And... how difficult and challenging is that?

I vote.. slow down the sim day and give us more time to really rack up the queve line. Now that's more challenging. Personally I think you already have the "easy" button.

I have to assume you never did...becuase I'm telling you they have already done what you've asked many times in the past.
    It's to the point that there is very little meat on the bone for strategic players like myself.

I happen to agree with you that the Dining out experience could use some optimization...but a system wide time expansion/motive nerf isn't the answer here.

What hasn't been done in the past is a time management option in the options section. If you want 1 second (reality) = 1 minute (game time), fair enough. Then simply click that option and play your game. If I want 2 seconds (reality) = 1 minute (game time), then fair enough. I can choose that option in the options menu and simply play my game.

IMO, that would be a better resolve than trying to find 1 time speed to fit all.

I'm not saying I want it to go back to that...but that's the game millions of people fell in love with.
    As far as I'm concerned the game was changed to accomodate the likes of you...or anyone who complained the game was too hard... not vice versa.

I'm all for giving people options which is what really burned me over the years about this topic in the first place.

There are plenty of ways to cheat in the game so you can do the latter to your hear's content
    Hoewver when they nerf the game for everyone because some people think it's too hard...that's what I've always had a problem with.

Where do you get the idea that I am complaining about the game being too hard. If anything.... the current time management system makes the game pathetically easy. How difficult is a game that limits you to such a short list of activities per day? There's not enough time in a sim's day to do anything worth calling a "challenge".

Like I said. You already have the easy button, and don't want to let go of it. I for one, would like to have longer sim days so there is enough time in that sim day to actually "do stuff". I mean... a good queve list of stuff. Not just spend 5 hours on 1 date getting served 1 meal. That's not a challenge... that the current formula for a sleeping pill.
  • Options
    keekee53keekee53 Posts: 4,328 Member
    edited April 2017
    Goldmoldar wrote: »
    keekee53 wrote: »
    I think I have always had issues with this in every sims game. Even though Sims2 way wasn't realistic, I felt like I didn't miss out on any of the Sims left behind. Time was still too fast in Sims2. I remember opening my business at 9am Sim time and 2 or 3 customers later it was already 5pm Sim time. So I would have my Sims running my businesses all night long and having them go home and it was still 9am. YAY now they can do what they want to do around the house or whatever..lol. Sims 3 was open and I could manage all my household Sims but I was so nosy watching others Sims in my world and seeing what they were doing that I still loss track of my Sims I left at home.

Some of Sims 4 activities take a long time due to multitasking in my opinion. They admitted as much with bowling and why Sims cannot talk and bowl. I rather they shorted the rounds and allowed Sims to communicate with each other. Bowling doesn't even feel like a group activity anymore in my opinion.

Some ways to help us out *shrugs*
    Maybe in the eco pack they can add quick shower\bath to shorten bathing. They definitely need to cook faster. I think if cooking was faster, it would solve a few issues with Dine Out at the very least. Eating should be faster when they are eating alone. If Sims are eating and conversing, then it can take a little longer. I hated how fast Sims ate dinner in Sims 3 so I hope they don't bring that back. Sims 3 had the best holidays and seasons ever and I wanted my families to eat together and chat for hours with a roast on the table, just saying.

My hardest time with time management was with Sims going to college in Sims 2. There was not a enough time in the day for me to figure out how to accomplish an student goals without needs going down quickly and I had to cheat on the needs dept to get my Sims through school but over all I still had fun with it. I managed as time went on to get my Sims through without cheating I had to prioritize their goals. In university in Sims 3 it was not hard at all like it was with Sims 2 so I guessed they nerfed some of goals in university in Sims 3 but I was okay with it. In Sims 4 you have make compromises like in the other iterations. I just kept in mind the goals and did what I could.

LOL my trick was to have the seasons set to fall, fall fall, winter on campus. When it was Fall, you got that extra buff to help with the college bar...lol
  • Options

Where do get the idea that I am complaining about the game being too hard. If anything.... the current time management system makes the game pathetically easy. How difficult is a game that limits you to such a short list of activities per day? There's not enough time in a sim's day to do anything worth calling a "challenge".

Like I said. You already have the easy button, and don't want to let go of it. I for one, would like to have longer sim days so there is enough time in that sim day to actually "do stuff". I mean... a good queve list of stuff. Not just spend 5 hours on 1 date getting served 1 meal. That's not a challenge... that the current formula for a sleeping pill.

I have no idea where the bolded part is coming from...I'm about as hardore as it gets when it comes the Sims.
    If you need more time in the day you have to earn it.....
    or cheat..
    or ask the devs for more time :|

• Options
    DivieOwlDivieOwl Posts: 1,161 Member
    I've read a few posts in the past about sims taking a long time to do things. IMO, its not that the sims are too slow as much as the time speed is too fast. Do we really need game days to fly by that quickly? I for one would like to have more time in each sim day for exploration, and other adventures.

With the current setting: 1 second in reality = 1 minute game time. That means, 1 sim day passes every 24 minutes in reality. Now subtract from that all that things you need to do before commanding your sim out the front door, you're lucky if you have 10 reality minutes to explore for frogs (or whatever) before your sim is in great need of yet another sleep.

...... Just saying. Playing the sims is like participating in the Final Jeopardy speed round.

So essentially you're talking about another motives nerf.
    Time management in the Sims is the only thing that provides the game with a sense of urgency and real challenge.
    Without this element it truly does become a digital dollhouse.
    I happen to think the gameplay is pretty well balanced in this iteration.

Many of the rewards and items in the game increase the available time in the day for a reason.
    Better beds means they need to sleep less, better fridges means they need to eat less, better showers means faster showers.
    Aspiration rewards such as steel bladder...are also incentives to actually play the game and do something about it.

The last thing the Sims needs is another easy button.
    Over the years they have bent over backwards to accomodate the sheer sandbox players.
    Enough is enough.
    If motive decay is that much of an issue for you...then simply cheat around it

Actually no. I am NOT talking about another movites' nerf. And the time management system doesn't offer players with a sense of "urgency" and "real challenge" (as you suggest) as much as it acts instead as dominant deterent.

Already in the few posts above people are explaining how they don't bother playing different ideas in the game because of the time management factor....

When I think of game challenge, I think of ideas like finding all the frogs, or all the globes. To me, a challenge is going to work with your sim and completing activities to level up.

A challenge (IMO) isn't waiting an hour and a half for my restaurant staff to finally get inside the building, and another hour and a half to finally serve that first customer. A challenge isn't spending 5 game hours trying to take your sim out to a restaurant to get served 1 meal. These are not challenges. These are deterrents that act to discourage people from enjoying the full benefits of the Sims 4 game.

If you wish to use the term "easy" button.... how about the idea of being able to purchase the globes, instead of actually having to go out and look for them? I'm sure we can come up with some better example of the word "easy"... and it won't include our asking for more time in a sim day to adopt more challenges per that day.

If your issue is that Dining out isn't properly optimized, that's an entirely different issue than a system wide time expansion..which anyway you slice it directly translates to a motives nerf.

It's not a motives nerf need. Gawd, could you imagine a sim needing to pee 4 to 5 times a day or need 2 or 3 showers cause the nerfed needs. No thank you. I'm talking about time management. The fact that going to a restaurant and ordering food and being served and eating that food taking anywhere from 8 to 16 hours. And, no, that is not an exaggeration. It has taken my sims that long and then the plum waiter drops the plates, my sims have left before,starving and unfed because they just couldn't spend any more time at the restaurant and had to get home so they could get to sleep.

I don't mind the 9 to 5 of a work or school day. Sure, time flies by when you have to cook 3 meals to satisfy your daily task or spend hours writing those reports and it would be much better if time was managed properly.

I'm talking about being able to do more things in a sim day without having to feel rushed to enjoy the activity. On days off or family days out, I want to spend time at the Spa and do the Yoga class or have a message then enjoy the sauna and take my time there and then have my sims go for a game of bowling, maybe have a couple drinks afterwords, and finish their day out with dinner at a restaurant and if we're feeling wild and want to stay out super late, a night at the club or bar. But with the current time management, you have to pick one thing to do. One outing. One, unless you want to spend next to no time doing an activity at each location. And no, it's not just a issue with Dine Out.
  • Options
    GoldmoldarGoldmoldar Posts: 11,966 Member
    edited April 2017

Looking at video brought back some memories and In Sims 1 for me while I loved Sims 1 time management was really hell. As each iteration is produced certain features are expanded on or improved as technology allowed them to do so. Time management in Sims 2 was better than Sims 1 management and so on and so on. I understand the mechanics of items for in RL some items was better than items of the same type and some can be a boost and some can be a hinder and one generally knew which was better when it came down to price. Imho, as someone said in all of the Sims games there is not enough time in the day to accomplish all tasks and for me it is not necessarily a bad thing because I learnt over time how to manage my Sims time and I have them do the most important tasks first and if there is time the least important. Tomorrow is another day and Imho, The Sims itself does not have clear defining goals unless it is set by the player. The game technically can go on and on like the energizer bunny and you are right you can cheat whether through MODs or cheats coded into the game. I myself use the Needs cheat very sparingly and I also prolong my Sims lives because I become very attached to them. I do not know if nerfing anything would really help but it still can be looked into and the only people that can say if it will help is EA/Maxis themselves. I can live with the time management right now but there are problems with the game that needs fixing.
    Post edited by Goldmoldar on
    Omen by HP Intel®️ Core™️ i9- 12900K W/ RGB Liquid Cooler 32GB Nvidia RTX 3080 10Gb ASUS Ultra-Wide 34" Curved Monitor. Omen By HP Intel® Core™ i7-12800HX 32 GB Nvidia 3070 Ti 8 GB 17.3 Screen
  • Options
    edited April 2017
    DivieOwl wrote: »
    I've read a few posts in the past about sims taking a long time to do things. IMO, its not that the sims are too slow as much as the time speed is too fast. Do we really need game days to fly by that quickly? I for one would like to have more time in each sim day for exploration, and other adventures.

With the current setting: 1 second in reality = 1 minute game time. That means, 1 sim day passes every 24 minutes in reality. Now subtract from that all that things you need to do before commanding your sim out the front door, you're lucky if you have 10 reality minutes to explore for frogs (or whatever) before your sim is in great need of yet another sleep.

...... Just saying. Playing the sims is like participating in the Final Jeopardy speed round.

Time management in the Sims is the only thing that provides the game with a sense of urgency and real challenge.

Many of the rewards and items in the game increase the available time in the day for a reason.
    Better beds means they need to sleep less, better fridges means they need to eat less, better showers means faster showers.
    Aspiration rewards such as steel bladder...are also incentives to actually play the game and do something about it.

Over the years they have bent over backwards to accomodate the sheer sandbox players.
    Enough is enough.

Actually no. I am NOT talking about another movites' nerf. And the time management system doesn't offer players with a sense of "urgency" and "real challenge" (as you suggest) as much as it acts instead as dominant deterent.

Already in the few posts above people are explaining how they don't bother playing different ideas in the game because of the time management factor....

When I think of game challenge, I think of ideas like finding all the frogs, or all the globes. To me, a challenge is going to work with your sim and completing activities to level up.

A challenge (IMO) isn't waiting an hour and a half for my restaurant staff to finally get inside the building, and another hour and a half to finally serve that first customer. A challenge isn't spending 5 game hours trying to take your sim out to a restaurant to get served 1 meal. These are not challenges. These are deterrents that act to discourage people from enjoying the full benefits of the Sims 4 game.

If you wish to use the term "easy" button.... how about the idea of being able to purchase the globes, instead of actually having to go out and look for them? I'm sure we can come up with some better example of the word "easy"... and it won't include our asking for more time in a sim day to adopt more challenges per that day.

If your issue is that Dining out isn't properly optimized, that's an entirely different issue than a system wide time expansion..which anyway you slice it directly translates to a motives nerf.

It's not a motives nerf need. Gawd, could you imagine a sim needing to pee 4 to 5 times a day or need 2 or 3 showers cause the nerfed needs. No thank you. I'm talking about time management. The fact that going to a restaurant and ordering food and being served and eating that food taking anywhere from 8 to 16 hours. And, no, that is not an exaggeration. It has taken my sims that long and then the plum waiter drops the plates, my sims have left before,starving and unfed because they just couldn't spend any more time at the restaurant and had to get home so they could get to sleep.

I don't mind the 9 to 5 of a work or school day. Sure, time flies by when you have to cook 3 meals to satisfy your daily task or spend hours writing those reports and it would be much better if time was managed properly.

I'm talking about being able to do more things in a sim day without having to feel rushed to enjoy the activity. On days off or family days out, I want to spend time at the Spa and do the Yoga class or have a message then enjoy the sauna and take my time there and then have my sims go for a game of bowling, maybe have a couple drinks afterwords, and finish their day out with dinner at a restaurant and if we're feeling wild and want to stay out super late, a night at the club or bar. But with the current time management, you have to pick one thing to do. One outing. One, unless you want to spend next to no time doing an activity at each location. And no, it's not just a issue with Dine Out.

Needs nerfs in the sims work the opposite of what you describe...
    When they nerf the motives they need less of everything not more...

Anyway..
    I hear you...Dine out takes forever...they should fix it. That's about all I agree with though.

This is exactly the war we got into prior to the launch of Bon Voyage...and what it boils down to is that a lot of players don't see it as a game and never approached it as one...which is fine...but they want the game to bend around them and the way they play and I've always always always had a problem with that.

The game was always designed so that as a Sim gains in skill and career status the amount of free time they have available in the day expands.
    No more fixing broken stuff better items mean less time spent sleeping showering...
    Aspiration rewards can net you hardly hungry, steel bladder, dirt defiant...etc

If you were to double the length of the day, you would also double the time it takes to do all the mudane things the OP was on about...so what would be the point?

Make no mistake what the OP is really asking for (aside from a more optimized Dine out experience) is a universal motive reduction...
  • Options
    edited April 2017

Enough is enough.

Anyway..
    I hear you...Dine out takes forever...they should fix it. That's about all I agree with though.

This is exactly the war we got into prior to the launch of Bon Voyage...and what it boils down to is that a lot of players don't see it as a game and never approached it as one...which is fine...but they want the game to bend around them and the way they play and I've always always always had a problem with that.

Really? You always had a problem with people wanting the game to bend around "them" ... like you do by denying our interests in defense of your own? Sounds to me like you're not all that different.

And again, your examples are wrapped around the home... explaining stuff like fixing stuff, and saving time on sleeping and showering. Try taking your examples out of the house and see if your idea of a great management system still works as well for you when you don't have much more time to do anything except show up long enough to leave. What are you going to do when you get there in your game that bends to your preferences? Post for us the long list of activities you can complete on your outing to show us how great the management system is as we have it.......

Because I for one... get bored with being limited to such a short list of activities... usually 1 activity....such as 1 date dinner, or 1 bowling game, or 1 trip to the spa to do (not much because there's no time to do anything when I get there) to bother taking the time to make the trip in the first place.

But hey, if that works for you... being rushed through individual activities that pretty much consume your sim's daily life just to accomplish... if playing the game on fast forward is your way of getting enjoyment out of the game... then fair enough. That's your style of play. But... it's not "my" style of play.

I prefer to play the game... not run through it.
  • Options
    ladybreidladybreid Posts: 3,455 Member
    Mc has a time option, I've slowed my days so my sims can get more done due to crazy meal times and other things that should take just minutes like using the bathroom.
    wz3Vdbh.jpg
    Saying "not to be rude", then blatently being rude does not excuse rude behavior.
  • Options

Enough is enough.

Anyway..

Really? You always had a problem with people wanting the game to bend around "them" ... like you do by denying our interests in defense of your own? Sounds to me like you're not all that different.

And again, your examples are wrapped around the home... explaining stuff like fixing stuff, and saving time on sleeping and showering. Try taking your examples out of the house and see if your idea of a great management system still works as well for you when you don't have much more time to do anything except show up long enough to leave. What are you going to do when you get there in your game that bends to your preferences? Post for us the long list of activities you can complete on your outing to show us how great the management system is as we have it.......

Because I for one... get bored with being limited to such a short list of activities... usually 1 activity....such as 1 date dinner, or 1 bowling game, or 1 trip to the spa to do (not much because there's no time to do anything when I get there) to bother taking the time to make the trip in the first place.

But hey, if that works for you... being rushed through individual activities that pretty much consume your sim's daily life just to accomplish... if playing the game on fast forward is your way of getting enjoyment out of the game... then fair enough. That's your style of play. But... it's not "my" style of play.

I'm not the one making the ask...you are...

All we were saying at the time and all I'm saying now is learn how to play the game or cheat
    You have the option to cheat...when they nerf the game universally it effects everyone not just the people who play the way you play but people who don't.
  • Options
    edited April 2017

Enough is enough.

Anyway..

All we were saying at the time and all I'm saying now is learn how to play the game or cheat
    You have the option to cheat...when they nerf the game universally it effects everyone not just the people who play the way you play but people who don't.

OK so if we are not playing the game in a manner you agree with, or with the preferences that you like to have.... then we need to simply "learn how to play the game". And once we all adopt your idea of how the game is played... then what? Is sim school over? Do we graduate?

1) I didn't ask EA or anyone else (on this thread) for anything.
    2) I didn't say anything about a universal change. (though I did mention a new option in the options menu)
  • Options

Enough is enough.

Anyway..

OK so if we are not playing the game in a manner you agree with, or with the preferences that you like to have.... then we need to simply "learn how to play the game". And once we all adopt your idea of how the game is played... then what? Is sim school over? Do we graduate?

2) I didn't say anything about a universal change. (though I did mention a new option in the options menu)

It's not a matter of trying to dictate how you play your game....rather it's a matter of wanting to protect an aspect of the game which I enjoy and has at times been in danger of becoming extinct.

It's a forum...you expected everyone to agree with you?

• Options
    JimG72JimG72 Posts: 1,161 Member
    My sims can eat a bowl of cereal in 20 game minutes, but, if my sims gets into a conversation (the amazing multitask feature that I pretend to love very much) then it takes my sims 90+ minutes to eat that bowl of cereal.

So many people complained that sims don't chat with each other while bowling. One game already takes practically a day for a group to complete. Imagine if they chatted with each other in between rolls...it would take like 3 days to finish one game, lol.
  • Options

Enough is enough.

Anyway..

It's not a matter of trying to dictate how you play your game....rather it's a matter of wanting to protect an aspect of the game which I enjoy and has at times been in danger of becoming extinct.

Right. You're not trying to dictate how we play our game. You're trying to dictate how you play "your" game... as well as dictate how we "shouldn't" play ours in opposition to your own preferences. Even going as far as accuse me (others) of needing to learn how to play the game because we don't adopt your gameplay preferences.

That's not disagreeing with people's opinions. That's being controlling.

I respect the fact that you have different ideas as to how the game should be played. Everyone plays the game differently. And that's fair enough. But some of your accusations are not fair enough. (just my opinion).
  • Options

Enough is enough.

Anyway..

Right. You're not trying to dictate how we play our game. You're trying to dictate how you play "your" game... as well as dictate how we "shouldn't" play ours in opposition to your own preferences. Even going as far as accuse me (others) of needing to learn how to play the game because we don't adopt your gameplay preferences.

That's not disagreeing with people's opinions. That's being controlling.

I respect the fact that you have different ideas as to how the game should be played. Everyone plays the game differently. And that's fair enough. But some of your accusations are not fair enough. (just my opinion).

I'm not trying to dictate anything...I'm objecting to your suggetion.

I posted that Sims game above for a reason. To show you exactly how far they have come around to exactly what you ask. even though the game sold millions of copies as is...

I and every other startegic Simmer I knew out here got zero out of it when they nerfed the motives in TS2.
    In fact BV was the last expansion I bought.

Again I'm not the one suggesting changes..you are...
    I'm stating my objection to it...apparantly you seem headed down the road to making this personal so I'll just leave this be.

• Options
    PlumDiddyPlumDiddy Posts: 551 Member
    Pretty sure MCCC has a relativity option for those not opposed to mods. I used it before a long time ago and it really made a HUGE difference in gameplay. I actually had time to let my sims do things.
    But another issue i have with the time is something ive noticed recently. Like whenever i send my sims somewhere (and it doesnt happen EVERY time but it happens often enough) when i send my sims to travel somewhere, time will keep ticking while the green plumbob spinning thingy just spins in the middle of the screen. And sims will continue doing things but i can no longer control them because the game is transitioning to map view. Its like the game is frozen but not really. Sims and the clock are still moving along. Anyway, this wastes a lot of precious game time.
  • Options
    Sim2SporeSim2Spore Posts: 284 Member
    This is an issue of balance that's a little hard to sort out because it really depends on how a player plays the game. I too get annoyed at how long it takes to do basic things like shower or eat (especially at a restaurant, 6 hours for a full course meal is too much). At the same time though, I get kind of antsy if I'm playing the same generation for too long because aging up the world naturally takes a while.

There are four conflicting game mechanics here that are hard to balance. How can we have sims whose day-to-day lives are full of action and purpose, while also having realistic needs, but also have short enough lifespans that don't last forever, and also letting the time go slow enough that the player can witness all of the interactions?
  • Options
    Sha2520032003Sha2520032003 Posts: 2,258 Member
    ladybreid wrote: »
    Mc has a time option, I've slowed my days so my sims can get more done due to crazy meal times and other things that should take just minutes like using the bathroom.

@ladybreid - time control option? Really, what module is that? I've been using MC all this time and didn't know that. Thanks for sharing.
  • Options
    ZakaryQuackZakaryQuack Posts: 59 Member
    There does always seem to be a lot of delay. It would be great if they brought out an update where you could choose a time management trait. Like is your sim a:
    -the procrastinator (lots of delay, will sit a chat for ages during activities, get positive emotions from avoiding tasks)
    -the organiser (very fast, won't chat much at all during activities, will get negative emotions if they do)
    -the balanced prioritieser (a happy medium of the above two)
    yqhMsxf.png
  • Options
    TriplisTriplis Posts: 3,048 Member
    I don't see anything wrong with adding a toggle option that changes how sim time progresses, just to give people the "slow / like RL" version if that's what they want.

But I don't see the time management system as broken either. It's working intended as a game mechanic to pressure you into making strategic decisions. Not everybody is into that, but for what it's trying to be, it works fine. The issue is that some people really do want to play a no-pressure dollhouse. I might enjoy having that option sometimes myself. As a simulation, no pressure would be fine. As a game, it would be bordering on not being a game.

Games are essentially environments and like the real world environment, they have pressure to nudge you to do things. If the pressure is nothing, or next to nothing, it's less of a game and more of a bin of legos. Which is fine. I'm just saying, I doubt such a feature is going to be seen as a top priority for something that is fundamentally meant to nudge people.
    Mods moved from MTS, now hosted at: https://triplis.github.io
  • Options
    edited April 2017

@ladybreid - time control option? Really, what module is that? I've been using MC all this time and didn't know that. Thanks for sharing.

Computer >>Mc command center >>Settings>>gamesetting>>game time speed

I have mine set at 100 currently which prolongs the day a bit but not too much, max is set at 1000 I haven't tried that.

ETA:
    With script set at this time for male to stand and 🐸🐸🐸🐸 and wash his hands 8 minutes with scripts off 13 minutes. Its a small thing but it adds up.
    wz3Vdbh.jpg
    Saying "not to be rude", then blatently being rude does not excuse rude behavior.
  • Options
    DivieOwlDivieOwl Posts: 1,161 Member

I have mine set at 100 currently which prolongs the day a bit but not too much, max is set at 1000 I haven't tried that.

ETA:
    With script set at this time for male to stand and plum and wash his hands 8 minutes with scripts off 13 minutes. Its a small thing but it adds up.

Has the time been fixed with using a mod? I know at one time all time control mods made time wonky if you tried slowing time down. Like kids would go to school at 6pm and not get home until like 2am, work would be the same. IIRC it would even be dark at noon (12pm) and daylight at like 2 or 3 am.
  • Options

ETA:
    With script set at this time for male to stand and plum and wash his hands 8 minutes with scripts off 13 minutes. Its a small thing but it adds up.

Has the time been fixed with using a mod? I know at one time all time control mods made time wonky if you tried slowing time down. Like kids would go to school at 6pm and not get home until like 2am, work would be the same. IIRC it would even be dark at noon (12pm) and daylight at like 2 or 3 am.

I haven't seen that happen in my game yet but setting it at 100 is the highest i've done maybe at higher rates but I can't speak to that.
    wz3Vdbh.jpg
  • Options
    Louise_G0325Louise_G0325 Posts: 1,040 Member
    Agreed. The thing that annoys me the most, is how long it takes sims to eat. I have to have my sims get up at 5am for an 8am job because it takes them 60mins to eat cereal. Ugh...
    Dine Out is also annoying in that way. My sims always have to wait HOURS before being served, and then take forever to eat.