Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Teen walking like a deformed toddler

One of my recent teens is walking around like a deformed toddler from time to time. The hands look like this:
j4b3g305e1nl.jpg

Her whole size is nearly cut in half and she climbs down stairs like a toddler. Could this be connected to my recent savegame corruption which forced me to start a new game and import house and family from my library? Because the same teen doesnt have a birthday or a green life bar. Its black and prevented me from throwing a birthday party to age up since the import.

Will a new import from the library fix this? Or is there another less drastic workaround/fix?

Comments

• Options
    rosemowrosemow Posts: 163,596 Member
  • Options
    ToreshinboToreshinbo Posts: 561 Member
    I know I'm late to this, but it mostly occurs when the sim had the wild trait when they were a toddler. For some strange reason the moodlets for toddlers still pops up when they are older. To fix this, remove the wild trait by the cheat code: trait.remove_trait wild
    My sim had this too, by removing said trait he walks normal again permanently! :)
  • Options
    Toreshinbo wrote: »
    I know I'm late to this, but it mostly occurs when the sim had the wild trait when they were a toddler. For some strange reason the moodlets for toddlers still pops up when they are older. To fix this, remove the wild trait by the cheat code: trait.remove_trait wild
    My sim had this too, by removing said trait he walks normal again permanently! :)

Hello
    It is kind and thoughtful of you to post the helpful fix for the issue :)
  • Options
    ZaszZasz Posts: 806 Member
    Importing the sim several times from the library can fix it too. The sim still has the moodlets sometimes but its not causing trouble anymore.
  • Options
    linkinsenpailinkinsenpai Posts: 25 Member
    > @Toreshinbo said:
    > I know I'm late to this, but it mostly occurs when the sim had the wild trait when they were a toddler. For some strange reason the moodlets for toddlers still pops up when they are older. To fix this, remove the wild trait by the cheat code: trait.remove_trait wild
    > My sim had this too, by removing said trait he walks normal again permanently! :)

you are my hero
  • Options
    EshnicEshnic Posts: 59 Member

AHHHH!! Bless you many times for posting this. When I go home this is the first thing I'm going to try. It's so weird, my simself and husband had 6 children, 2 are adults, 2 young adults and 2 teens. When the youngest young adult was a teen she started this weird walk and movement down the stairs. But it only happens on occasion. I have yet to figure out what causes it. Anyway, she's since had a son of her own and she still periodically breaks out into this strange walk. I can't wait to fix this.

Thanks again!
  • Options
    promghost07promghost07 Posts: 60 Member
    The "trait.remove_trait wild" cheat isn't working for me. Testingcheats is on and I even restarted the game before trying again. Still no go. :(
  • Options
    The "trait.remove_trait wild" cheat isn't working for me. Testingcheats is on and I even restarted the game before trying again. Still no go. :(

Hello @promghost07
    Try having your sim travel to another lot and back home again and see if that helps,
    If the issues remains, you may like to post feedback on this AHQ EA site thread
    http://answers.ea.com/t5/The-Sims-4-Bug-Reports/OPEN-Sim-walks-on-knees/m-p/5865847#M34356
  • Options
    ToreshinboToreshinbo Posts: 561 Member

It's the toddler moodlet that's the issue. To get rid of it, input the cheat sims.remove_all_buffs. That way it'll get rid of any of the moodlets the sims has, including the toddler moodlet. When removed, the sim will walk normally again ;)
  • Options
    beccafthompsonbeccafthompson Posts: 4 New Member
    > @Toreshinbo said:
    > promghost07 wrote: »
    >
    > The "trait.remove_trait wild" cheat isn't working for me. Testingcheats is on and I even restarted the game before trying again. Still no go. :(
    >
    >
    >
    >
    > It's the toddler moodlet that's the issue. To get rid of it, input the cheat sims.remove_all_buffs. That way it'll get rid of any of the moodlets the sims has, including the toddler moodlet. When removed, the sim will walk normally again ;)

omg! thank you so much!!!
  • Options
    Jennacide777Jennacide777 Posts: 5 New Member
    > @Toreshinbo said:
    > promghost07 wrote: »
    >
    > The "trait.remove_trait wild" cheat isn't working for me. Testingcheats is on and I even restarted the game before trying again. Still no go. :(
    >
    >
    >
    >
    > It's the toddler moodlet that's the issue. To get rid of it, input the cheat sims.remove_all_buffs. That way it'll get rid of any of the moodlets the sims has, including the toddler moodlet. When removed, the sim will walk normally again ;)

Bless your soul <3 This worked for me and now my teen is walking normally again :D
  • Options
    LinaLightfeatherLinaLightfeather Posts: 8 New Member
    Ok! So I had this issue and I found another method that works!! If you do 'testingcheats true' then 'cas.fulleditmode' you can change your teen into a toddler and give them another trait then age them back up into a teen. This fixes the issue as well! I hope this works! :smile:
  • Options
    Ok! So I had this issue and I found another method that works!! If you do 'testingcheats true' then 'cas.fulleditmode' you can change your teen into a toddler and give them another trait then age them back up into a teen. This fixes the issue as well! I hope this works! :smile:

Hello :)
    It is helpful to know what helped with this issue in your game.
  • Options
    LinaLightfeatherLinaLightfeather Posts: 8 New Member
    > @rosemow said:
    > LinaLightfeather wrote: »
    >
    > Ok! So I had this issue and I found another method that works!! If you do 'testingcheats true' then 'cas.fulleditmode' you can change your teen into a toddler and give them another trait then age them back up into a teen. This fixes the issue as well! I hope this works! :smile:
    >
    >
    >
    >
    > Hello :)
    > It is helpful to know what helped with this issue in your game.

So I have found out this is a temporary fix! Great. Nothing is working now, I've tried both cheats and it isn't working.
  • Options
    > @rosemow said:
    > LinaLightfeather wrote: »
    >
    > Ok! So I had this issue and I found another method that works!! If you do 'testingcheats true' then 'cas.fulleditmode' you can change your teen into a toddler and give them another trait then age them back up into a teen. This fixes the issue as well! I hope this works! :smile:
    >
    >
    >
    >
    > Hello :)
    > It is helpful to know what helped with this issue in your game.

So I have found out this is a temporary fix! Great. Nothing is working now, I've tried both cheats and it isn't working.

Hello
    When the issue occurs, try typing into the cheat bar
    testingcheats true
    Press enter
    Type in
    Sims.remove_all_buffs
    Press enter
    This will help with the issue at that time, until it occurs again,
  • Options
    ZaszZasz Posts: 806 Member
    This doesnt happen with all toddlers. For me it only happened back then and not with another generation of toddlers. It might be related to toddlers created back then or its a random bug.

You could try to save the toddler and import it into a testing household and see if it happens there. It might help to remove and re-import the toddler into your desired household. Yes, you will lose progress but at least you dont have to start all over.
  • Options
    edited April 2018
    Zasz wrote: »
    This doesnt happen with all toddlers. For me it only happened back then and not with another generation of toddlers. It might be related to toddlers created back then or its a random bug.

You could try to save the toddler and import it into a testing household and see if it happens there. It might help to remove and re-import the toddler into your desired household. Yes, you will lose progress but at least you dont have to start all over.

Hello
    It depends on the traits that sims had as a toddler. Having the wild trait seems to cause this issue