Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

You have got to be kidding me...

2...Next

Comments

• Options
    MidnightAuraMidnightAura Posts: 5,809 Member
    Well, they stay at your house and they sleep... so isn't that a sleepover? Lol.

IMO social events in this version are over-rated anyway, I would much rather invite a sleepover club to the house and choose which activities they will do than have a 'party' where everyone turns up and randomly does homework instead of playing, or having to do set number of things to achieve before the party ends.

Well I guess I miss the slumber party where they bring sleeping bags because otherwise don't you have to buy beds for everyone? I take your point about the parties though. I don't like check lists either.
  • Options
    elanorbretonelanorbreton Posts: 14,549 Member
    Well I guess I miss the slumber party where they bring sleeping bags because otherwise don't you have to buy beds for everyone? I take your point about the parties though. I don't like check lists either.
    Yes, the sleeping bag thing in ts3 is quite cute, though they have a habit of setting them up in some inappropriate places :D

I am not sure about the bed situation in ts4, as I have always provided the Outdoor Retreat camp beds for them to sleep on (I sell them afterwards). Maybe they would all pile into a tent if one is available? Or sleep on the sofa?
  • Options
    DragonCat159DragonCat159 Posts: 1,896 Member
    Minai wrote: »
    Eco living...lol...seriously!

We can't do curfews for teens, wild house parties, or sleep overs...
    We can't have pets or seasons?

Hello!! Whats going on please?
    To answer your bolded question: They are working on a stuff pack and a lot of people recommended eco living to be the focusing theme on it.

"We can't do curfews for teens". Should they? It's a stuff pack. Not a Game Pack. I really doubt they gonna add that feature as a global interaction, unless you want it to be dependant to specific gameplay object.

"We can't have pets or seasons?":
    1. Did we ever had them in pass iterations within a form of a Stuff Pack?
    2. Aren't pets and seasons be consider to big for a stuff pack? First concept requiring a new life-form model, the latter - a whole new graphical and interactable enviromental system in the game.

NNpYlHF.jpg
  • Options
    PlagueRavenPlagueRaven Posts: 52 Member
    I personally wanted funerals. That would have added more depth for me. If I'm not mistaken, that would have been added into Dangerous Stuff. That was my personal preference, just because of the funerals, simply because they add something totally new to the game that wasn't in it before. With Eco Living, it just feels like we're getting more home stuff that just looks different than the other home stuff in the game. I don't hate the idea of Eco Living-- I think it's rather cute, actually. Just not cute enough to pay for, in my case.

However, if they could make a game pack or something bigger centered around all kinds of Death Stuff, I'd probably appreciate it more. I love The Sims' lighthearted attitude, but sometimes I crave Dangerous Stuff to happen to add an element of surprise... and to give me more reasons to be careful with them.
  • Options
    ChampandGirlieChampandGirlie Posts: 2,482 Member
    edited April 2017
    The development of this SP doesn't have anything to do with what is going on in the development of GPs and EPs. Perhaps the SP team also work on multiple SP ideas at the same time. This is just one that we happen to know about early. I think it's great that they decided to involve the community. I hope that they incorporate the other ideas from the survey, perhaps in different ways. I also hope that they will consult the community again for ideas in the future.

Laundry was my last choice in the poll. Personally, I found it annoying in the older versions. I don't doubt that this concept won though. Clearly, there are a lot of people who want and miss the laundry machines. The demand is there, so it's good for them that they have a chance to get it. (I know the objects haven't been voted on yet). Like I said, I hope we'll see the other ideas show up somewhere.

I'm going to treat it like any other SP and judge it on that basis. No, I don't love laundry but I did like (and vote) for the art style that won. If I like enough of the other stuff in the pack, then maybe I will go for it. I will judge it on the final product. Similarly, I'm going to judge TS4 on what it is when it is finished. It's still a game in progress (and I personally hope that it stays that way for a while and gets thoroughly developed as a concept).
    Champ and Girlie are dogs.
  • Options
    simspeaker4simspeaker4 Posts: 5,999 Member
    Eco living might be a good idea - no cars so no negative moodlet about driving. Perhaps this will also help with mechanical/handiness - eco-friendly upgrades and all that.
    I am a perfectly decrepit withered old hag who enjoys self-mockery.

Need help falling asleep? http://wry7000.blogspot.com/
  • Options
    ldmarkoldmarko Posts: 5,487 Member
    There's a family life Game Pack supposedly coming up, maybe some of those things will be in it. I don't want curfews at all, unless we ourselves can set it by family. It was ridiculous in 3 to have the cops dragging kids home all the time, even when they were just at someone else's house.

Hopefully an eco-pack will allow us to add solar panels & wind turbines to homes to make them more energy efficient & reduce the still ridiculously high bills.
    Gallery ID: LDM2