Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

I'm Creeped Out!!!

Comments

• Options
    mintycupcakemintycupcake Posts: 13,212 Member
    I just went and picked up my mail and got a package from Amazon and got all excited, but it was just a new filter for my air purifier :D
    🌻I'm not a cat.🌻
  • Options
    Uzone27Uzone27 Posts: 2,808 Member
    Out of curiosity did the item you recieve ever make it to your basket at any time?
  • Options
    plopppo2plopppo2 Posts: 3,420 Member
    v2v25725579.jpg
    ^That is me - like totally single.
    I know we are not supposed to post pictures of ourselves on the forum - but, boy am I famished.

If only some mystery man (TODDY-WODDY) would just finish that order and send it over to little ol' me - whilst I sit in this warm, super-bubbly, bath - with the drapes open.

• Options
    ClassicalSimClassicalSim Posts: 1,535 Member
    Uzone27 wrote: »
    Out of curiosity did the item you recieve ever make it to your basket at any time?

No, I didn't put it in my cart. I usually use 1-click ordering, so I rarely put anything in my cart. I did put it on my private wish list, but not my public wish list. I checked that twice to be sure. There isn't anything on my public wish list.
  • Options

No, I didn't put it in my cart. I usually use 1-click ordering, so I rarely put anything in my cart. I did put it on my private wish list, but not my public wish list. I checked that twice to be sure. There isn't anything on my public wish list.

Gotcha.
    Yeah the fact that it was on your wishlist makes me suspect even more that Amazon is just giving away free stuff.
  • Options
    plopppo2 wrote: »
    v2v25725579.jpg
    I know we are not supposed to post pictures of ourselves on the forum - but, boy am I famished.

If only some mystery man (TODDY-WODDY) would just finish that order and send it over to little ol' me - whilst I sit in this warm, super-bubbly, bath - with the drapes open.
    EDIT:
    I meant
    TANNER FORD
    What made me say Toddy-Woddy? Maybe my brain is scrambled?
  • Options
    pretty-hearts-flying-up-animated-gif.gif
    If only I could smell that Papa Johns wafting through my open bathroom window.
    animated-heart-image-0886.gif
  • Options

Gotcha.
    Yeah the fact that it was on your wishlist makes me suspect even more that Amazon is just giving away free stuff.

Didn't @ClassicalSim just say she looked at it? Which was part of the problem in the first place? I actually find that weird that they just picked something from your browsing history, there's lots of stuff I look at and decide I don't want.
    🌻I'm not a cat.🌻
  • Options
    edited April 2017

Gotcha.

Didn't @ClassicalSim just say she looked at it? Which was part of the problem in the first place? I actually find that weird that they just picked something from your browsing history, there's lots of stuff I look at and decide I don't want.

She said it was on her private wishlist which is probably how they narrowed the list of possible recipients.
    The next filter was probably based on price..but it's all just pure speculation on my part.

EDIT...(The fact that it was a book also adds a bit of kindling to the theory since that's Amazon's flagship product.)
  • Options
    pureangelloljKpureangelloljK Posts: 66 Member
    Why is everyone being so weird on this thread?
  • Options
    chestercookie189chestercookie189 Posts: 65 Member
    Send Them a gift but something like an Urn or something weird with a letter inside saying-
    "Tanner-whoever you are I am thankful for the gift but just stay away and don't ever contact me again, or I will file a restraining order"

OR
    send him the gift back totally untouched or smashed up (but that would be pure evil)

Good luck
  • Options
    ClassicalSimClassicalSim Posts: 1,535 Member
    Send Them a gift but something like an Urn or something weird with a letter inside saying-
    "Tanner-whoever you are I am thankful for the gift but just stay away and don't ever contact me again, or I will file a restraining order"

OR
    send him the gift back totally untouched or smashed up (but that would be pure evil)

Good luck

Before I contacted Amazon, I sent a digital thank you note hoping whoever the sender was would email me and asked me if I liked it. I was still thinking it must have been someone I knew. But I didn't get a response. Hopefully it won't happen again.
  • Options
    Wither1000Wither1000 Posts: 72 Member
    I hope that you did contact Amazon, that sounds kinda scary and bad.
  • Options
    edited April 2017
    Am I the only one who went to Amazon to update their Wishlist? :D
    Post edited by mintycupcake on
    🌻I'm not a cat.🌻
  • Options
    kaleidoscopicdollkaleidoscopicdoll Posts: 38 Member
    Kind of cool or intensely creepy? I'm having trouble deciding. . .leaning towards creepy though considering your wish list and information wasn't anywhere public.
    Then there's a part of me who hopes Tanner sends me something from my wishlist xD
  • Options
    Wither1000Wither1000 Posts: 72 Member
    I almost went in to add things to my wish list, but nothing like that ever happens to me. With my luck I'd end up with a stalker throwing amazon stuff at my window at 2am.
  • Options
    CalebFillionCalebFillion Posts: 293 Member
    Okay, went and had a peek at how Amazon works and there is absolutely no place that you can go and get someone's info legitimately. You should probably think about changing your account details or possibly dropping amazon for a bit. Maybe cover the camera on your computer, never leave it on unless you are actually on it. Brrrr, gives me the creeps but then I just watched a movie where this girl was being stalked through her technology. Be safe out there. Uzone has a good point too, they might be trying to drum up more business but not real sure this is a good way to do it.
  • Options
    Anyone else got anything for free?

I am praying hard for that pizza order to come tonight.
  • Options
    Deshong04Deshong04 Posts: 4,278 Member
    Amazon has a feature that if you put something on your wish list or registry if it is open to the public, anyone can gift you. https://www.amazon.com/gp/registry/search/ref=nav_wishlist_find
    “What doesn't kill you makes you stronger
    Stand a little taller
    Doesn't mean I'm lonely when I'm alone
    What doesn't kill you makes a fighter
    Footsteps even lighter”
  • Options
    AvaSims4080AvaSims4080 Posts: 810 Member
    edited April 2017
    That's so scary. As somebody else said, it would be safe to put tape over your camera, because you should always be extra cautious. I hardly use that website, meaning I am unfamiliar with it.
  • Options
    FairyGodMotherFairyGodMother Posts: 7,406 Member
    LOL, my first thought was that this person hacked somebody's info and used the person they hacked credit card to send out hundreds of books :D
  • Options
    Deshong04 wrote: »
    Amazon has a feature that if you put something on your wish list or registry if it is open to the public, anyone can gift you. https://www.amazon.com/gp/registry/search/ref=nav_wishlist_find
    Yeh, but that says to type a person's name or their email address.
  • Options
    Oh my god!

I typed Tanner Ford into the wishlist thing!

It found him - I FOUND TANNER FORD

Well, one of them.
  • Options
    Wait a minute - what if he is a pyscho that expects to have an item on his wishlist fulfilled by someone who he did it for?
  • Options
    SimburianSimburian Posts: 6,914 Member
    edited April 2017
    v2v25725579.jpg

EDIT:
    I meant
    TANNER FORD
    What made me say Toddy-Woddy? Maybe my brain is scrambled?

Jenna Coleman is very pretty isn't she?

She's not single at the moment, she is dating Tom Hughes.