Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

mc command is awesome, but story progression too random?

applehartapplehart Posts: 83 Member
Don't get me wrong, I love MC Command and think it's great what Deaderpool has done for the community. BUT. I can't handle the story progression even though I want it because it pairs up the most random sims. Today I had Marcus Flex who is non-committal marry Mila Munch. I mean, no. That's never gonna happen. That man is living with a bunch of party animal 20 year olds, and he decides to marry Mila, a responsible, foodie, single mom of 3 boys, all of them still living at home? I mean, can you imagine Gunther (is that his name? the oldest one? Garth?) interacting with Paolo and Eva and Jade on moving day? haha, wow, what hilarity. On second thought, maybe this randomness generates some unexpected storytelling...

But, no. I would love for the mod to take this stuff into account. Like trait compatibility. Compatibility other than age. Is there an option for any of that in the mod? I just started using it so I'm a noob.

What do you guys feel about the story progression in MCCC?

Comments

• Options
    JagwithtudeJagwithtude Posts: 1,452 Member
    edited April 2017
    I use MCCC as well for the story progression and love it, :) as for your problem you can choose, traits for random sim marriages and pregnancy. In the pregnancy module, MCCC>MC Pregnancy >Other Marriage>Use traits for marriage.
    "If you could read my mind, I'm pretty sure you'd be traumatized for life"

Join us on Discord for help with MC Command Center @ Discord https://discord.gg/TKp3GqE
    The latest version of MCCC 3.9.6 go to https://www.patreon.com/posts/mc-command-3-9-6-15332977

Rrkznuy.jpg?4

• Options
    I did that, and then the above happened. As far as I know, the only traits it considers are family oriented and romantic, and those traits get partnered up first?
  • Options
    foussifoussi Posts: 642 Member
    I like the mod too but it lifts the sim population too much. There are tons of kids of the landgraab and munch and from other premades running around in my game.
    But overall its a Very good mod.

• Options
    ZoreloraZorelora Posts: 54 Member
    MC command help me repopulate the neighborhood fairly but yes it is too random. Mine tend to use the same guy over and over again (Marcus Flex has 3 kids from different mom) even though there are many other eligible guys. Sometime I need to micro manage the pregnancy to prevent everybody end up related :p
  • Options
    Thanks for your input, everyone! Glad I am not alone in that thought, @Zorelora. :)
  • Options
    ZoreloraZorelora Posts: 54 Member
    @applehart I almost post about this, exactly the same topic!
  • Options
    ebonyspiralebonyspiral Posts: 8 New Member
    applehart wrote: »
    Today I had Marcus Flex who is non-committal marry Mila Munch. I mean, no. That's never gonna happen. That man is living with a bunch of party animal 20 year olds, and he decides to marry Mila, a responsible, foodie, single mom of 3 boys, all of them still living at home? I mean, can you imagine Gunther (is that his name? the oldest one? Garth?) interacting with Paolo and Eva and Jade on moving day? haha, wow, what hilarity. On second thought, maybe this randomness generates some unexpected storytelling...

Haha, MCCC had Marcus marry Mila in my game too :D I was a bit like what the plum?! I have marriage set to use traits too.
  • Options
    NetzspannungNetzspannung Posts: 2,456 Member
    Marcus and Mila got married too back when I was using MCCC! That's not so random anymore then. But I did remove the mod, even though it is without a doubt awesome, as it was too invasive for my playstyle.
    If I just posted an outfit you like, I have good news - there is more where that came from!
    https://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/956513/netz-a-porter-outfits-ready-to-wear-for-your-sims-no-cc-required
    Twitter: NetzspannungTS

we all try ...
  • Options
    Marcus and Mila got married too back when I was using MCCC! That's not so random anymore then. But I did remove the mod, even though it is without a doubt awesome, as it was too invasive for my playstyle.
    applehart wrote: »
    Today I had Marcus Flex who is non-committal marry Mila Munch. I mean, no. That's never gonna happen. That man is living with a bunch of party animal 20 year olds, and he decides to marry Mila, a responsible, foodie, single mom of 3 boys, all of them still living at home? I mean, can you imagine Gunther (is that his name? the oldest one? Garth?) interacting with Paolo and Eva and Jade on moving day? haha, wow, what hilarity. On second thought, maybe this randomness generates some unexpected storytelling...

Haha, MCCC had Marcus marry Mila in my game too :D I was a bit like what the plum?! I have marriage set to use traits too.

OMG... are they soul mates?
  • Options
    egwarhammeregwarhammer Posts: 5,752 Member
    Settings, guys. As MCCC comes "right off the shelf" I'd say 90% of it is set to mimic EA behavior, as in, do nothing unexpected to your game.

If too much is going on to suit you, one way to get a clean slate would be to take out YOUR mc_settings.cfg file and let the mod generate a fresh new default one the next time you load your game.

I'd save the one you had for reference, but if reducing MC's influence game wide is what you're after, this would definitely do that.

If you like SOME of what MC can do but not all of it, again, that's settings. Pregnancy and Marriage, for example, have a range between nobody gets pregnant, and everybody gets pregnant (-100,100) in settings... 0 is default there. These aren't the only settings with "bypass" options, either.

If you have questions about things with MCCC, check the tumblr pages. Each module has its own page there now, under the Documentation tab. There's more there, too, things we didn't have at MTS. I'd recommend for anybody who'd like to know more about how MC can help your game to please check out this site:

https://deaderpoolmc.tumblr.com/

And if you still have questions after that, either post to the local MC help thread, here:

http://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/913483/mc-command-center-local-help-chat-thread

Or, even better IMO, come and TALK to us in live chat, on Discord, here: https://discord.gg/AUJ8RAa

• Options
    Simtown15Simtown15 Posts: 3,952 Member
    I've never had this problem because I have pregnancy progression turned off for adults, which also turns off marriage. I did this so Sims near elders wouldn't have kids.