Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

The new pack is very underwhelming

I can't believe I just wasted 10 dollars on this! The sims don't even talk while they bowl. They literally stand dead silent while each person takes their turn. They look like robots. I figured since they dedicated an entire stuff pack on bowling it would be fleshed out. Unfortunately that is not the case.

Comments

• Options
    MidnightAuraMidnightAura Posts: 5,809 Member
    I'm sorry you aren't enjoying it. Did you watch the live stream? Any of the early access reviews? That would have shown the not talking thing when not bowling to be the case I'm afraid.
  • Options
    plopppo2plopppo2 Posts: 3,420 Member
    It is going to be a lousy Club activity if they cannot talk.
  • Options
    MissCherieMissCherie Posts: 408 Member
    plopppo2 wrote: »
    Why can't they talk?

What happened to multitasking?

I could be wrong, but I think I've read somewhere that for bowling they removed it so it doesn't take 5 hours to play one game of bowling.
    gCQKjq4.png
  • Options
    DeservedCriticismDeservedCriticism Posts: 2,251 Member
    MissCherie wrote: »
    Why can't they talk?

I could be wrong, but I think I've read somewhere that for bowling they removed it so it doesn't take 5 hours to play one game of bowling.

Yknow this makes me realize a sacrifice of multitasking is that I'm pretty sure in 1, 2 and 3, socializing during actions did nothing to impede progress of an activity. In Sims 4, they "cycle" between the two, either socializing or (example) eating, but never quite doing both at the exact same moment.
    "Who are you, that do not know your history?"
  • Options
    Why can't they talk?

So, in a nutshell, they admit it is borked.

A bit like eating at a restaurant can take half a day.
  • Options
    DeservedCriticismDeservedCriticism Posts: 2,251 Member
    Why can't they talk?

So, in a nutshell, they admit it is borked.

A bit like eating at a restaurant can take half a day.

That one's extra weird cause I don't think that's even socializing.

Maybe I'm wrong since I only ever send Foodies to eat experimental food and otherwise don't bother with visiting restaurants to eat, but I'm pretty sure half the problem with restaurants is they spent ages going "ooooh" and "aaaaah" at the food and never really get tired of gawking at it. Once had my sim eat at a restaurant he owned while I disallowed new customers....still took him most of the day to finish his meal.
    "Who are you, that do not know your history?"
  • Options
    alan650111alan650111 Posts: 3,295 Member
    edited March 2017
    Why can't they talk?

Exactly. It was billed as a feature of The Sims 4 and now we get a very social activity with no talking. I have always been a supporter of this game but lately I am noticing it's flaws more and more.
  • Options
    TriX0099TriX0099 Posts: 850 Member
    It is going to be a lousy Club activity if they cannot talk.

It is perfect (or not?) for a club activity in my game, as my sims don't gain charisma from socializing during club gatherings since the last patch anyway. So they can all just shut up and bowl :wink:
  • Options
    MissCherieMissCherie Posts: 408 Member
    alan650111 wrote: »
    Why can't they talk?

Exactly. It was billed as a feature of The Sims 4 and now we get a very social activity with no talking. I have always been a supporter of this game but lately I am noticing it's flaws more and more.

Yea, but my guess is when they tested it they probably realized that if sims was able to chat and multitask the game would take one sim week to end.
    gCQKjq4.png
  • Options
    alanmichael1alanmichael1 Posts: 5,405 Member
    IMO the premade bowling alley works very well and is full of life ... I like that the npc Sims use everything auronomously - bowling, bar, chairs, television.
  • Options
    DiabolicalAFDiabolicalAF Posts: 70 Member
    It certainly is missing a little sumthin sumthin....

Comparing it to how much more their other stuff packs have been so far really highlights what a hit and miss this one is.
  • Options
    edited March 2017
    Could work well with a Supernatural EP - zombie bowling night.
  • Options
    applefeather2applefeather2 Posts: 4,003 Member
    Already? Wow, I've barely done anything in the pack yet, and I'm enjoying it. *shrugs*
  • Options
    LadyJesterLadyJester Posts: 606 Member
    I am sorry you're disappointed with the pack but sometimes you just need to watch reviews of the packs first before buying and being disappointed. I haven't gotten it yet but I probably will later. I really love the CAS and build and buy items.
  • Options
    Uzone27Uzone27 Posts: 2,808 Member
    Yep kinda figured this would be the case.
    The one fatal flaw in their marketing strategy is the confusion mixing in premium products from the past creates.
    They are no longer viewed as "Stuff Packs" but something else entirely.
  • Options
    Already? Wow, I've barely done anything in the pack yet, and I'm enjoying it. *shrugs*

The main feature of it is terribly done imo. I might use a hairstyle or couch here and there but that isn't worth what I paid.
  • Options
    What happens if you go bowling on a date with a Sim?
  • Options
    What happens if you go bowling on a date with a Sim?

They will stand in silence like mute robots and watch each other throw a bowl down the lane with an empty look in their eyes.
  • Options
    aricaraiaricarai Posts: 8,984 Member
    Uzone27 wrote: »
    Yep kinda figured this would be the case.
    The one fatal flaw in their marketing strategy is the confusion mixing in premium products from the past creates.
    They are no longer viewed as "Stuff Packs" but something else entirely.

THANK YOU! ^^This so much! *high five*

I thought stuff packs were meant to be about stuff - y'know CAS, buy mode objects...adding in gameplay just confuses things!