Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Why I don't like the Detective career

To me, there doesn't seem to be enough time to do anything in the police station after questioning people and arresting/bringing in a suspect....(time would have ran out but I clicked that time icon in upper left to stay late) I fingerprinted/searched/mugshot/locked in cell.....than the little box in the upper left told me to talk to the chief (and 2 other things) but time ran out before I could have my sim do either 3....why was get to work designed like this cause I wanted to know what the chief had to say?

I wish there was a mod to remove that time limit

Comments

• Options
    kati77kati77 Posts: 3,146 Member
    Did you still manage to get the job progress bar full for the day? Because even when it's full, you keep getting new tasks. So you will never have time to do them all and you're not even supposed to. Anyway, you will probably get some of those tasks again some other day, so you will eventually know what the chief had to say :)
    01-06-18_5-09-41%C2%A0PM_2.png

• Options
    southwesternwitchsouthwesternwitch Posts: 61 Member
    I completely agree! There's no time to do any of the tasks given. I gave up and stopped following my sim to work.
  • Options
    IceyJIceyJ Posts: 4,641 Member
    There's no rule that says you have to do every single thing in one session. You can continue when your sim goes back the next day.
  • Options
    MasonGamerMasonGamer Posts: 8,851 Member
    For careers, and even events, I always think of tasks as bonus work. I usually have an idea of what is and isn't going to happen.
    Realm of Magic:

My Mood:

tumblr_nlbf3b0Jyb1qkheaxo5_250.gif
  • Options
    CinebarCinebar Posts: 33,618 Member
    IceyJ wrote: »
    There's no rule that says you have to do every single thing in one session. You can continue when your sim goes back the next day.

Exactly. It's not a race to the top, but what happens along the way. :)
    "Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.
  • Options
    FancyKitty795FancyKitty795 Posts: 64 Member
    I don't like the Detective career myself. I feel that It needs cop fighting action like in real life.
    Part of the 82nd Sim-borne Division!
  • Options
    IceyJIceyJ Posts: 4,641 Member
    By the way, there are mods for this: 15 Hour Active Career Day with better Wages and the Get to Work 20 Hour Mod. The first one is updated to the toddler patch; not sure if the second one is up to date.
  • Options
    dizzydee_kdizzydee_k Posts: 475 Member
    Cinebar wrote: »
    If you are questing to get promotions then you have to learn to manage your time and always stay late. However, if you are playing 'sandbox' you don't have to do half that stuff. You can make it 'fun' by not doing the list and interacting with others. Going out and hanging out in a district (even indoors at clubs or wherever) and doing some of the stuff some of the time. Life is not a race. :D

Exactly.

I try to do the main daily task, but then I just play as I please. I do this with all the "active" careers. There's not rules about having to always reach the top of a career. Any of the careers. :)