Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Burning Vampires Glitch !!??!

Lately when i play my vampire lot one of my vampires burn while inside the house while the other one don't because he has sun resistance...When i start my vampire club i notice the vampires start burning...so i have end the club so they don't burn and my game becomes empty of vampires. I had not save my game to keep my vampire from not dying and being taken by the grim...The funny thing is i'm trying to max out my vampire skill so i fight with my spouse and it make our relationship go bad and i'm able to save from the Grim, but they if i try to spar with the other vampires at night they start burning...so my only option is to get my vampire points by fighting my spouse but she keeps burning in the house and dies....Is anyone experiencing this...
pO5uos8.jpg

Comments

• Options
    LoriTSpLoriTSp Posts: 451 Member
    Sounds like maybe it's a glitch, though I haven't experienced anything like that.
    Do you have large, uncovered windows in your house? Some vampires are extremely sensitive to the sunlight.
    Have you tried starting a club meeting after dark? I usually have my vampire club meet up around 9 pm or so.
    As for maxing your vampire skill, read the vampire books, drink plasma and research vampires on the computer ...
  • Options
    kati77kati77 Posts: 3,146 Member
    It must be a glitch.

It can't have anything to do with uncovered windows, because I think even before the game pack was released the gurus said all windows are sun proof, which means a vampire can't burn inside, even if the windows are not covered. My vampires live in a penthouse with huge windows without curtains, and can even be outside during the day if there's a roof over their heads. They don't need walls. My vampires don't have the sun resistance or a thin skin, though, but I don't think they have anything to do with how much windows or roofs cover.
    01-06-18_5-09-41%C2%A0PM_2.png

• Options
    keenowkeenow Posts: 549 Member
    Have you double-checked to make sure the flat roof-layer is still on your house/room? Not the roof, but the flat room that first appears when you make/close a room.
  • Options
    CinebarCinebar Posts: 33,618 Member
    keenow wrote: »
    Have you double-checked to make sure the flat roof-layer is still on your house/room? Not the roof, but the flat room that first appears when you make/close a room.

Great answer! I often remove that ceiling floor in some of my builds after I have place a roof etc. I'm going to try to remember this because I do have many type builds where it was necessary for the floor plans upstairs. :)
    "Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.