Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Suddenly it's a ghost town

I'm referring to the communal areas in the neighbourhoods;

The park area behind Potter's Splay, the area with the chess tables next to Parkshore etc - initially they're bustling with sims, and it's lovely. Those sims however keep leaving food they've grilled out to spoil - as soon as any of my sims in the active household throw away that wasted food those communal areas become completely devoid of sims 24/7.

It's really upsetting me. Do anyone else have this happen or know how to fix it?
Gallery ID: babysquare

Comments

• Options
    king_of_simcity7king_of_simcity7 Posts: 25,102 Member
    What happened to the 'busier community lots' that players where promised?
    Simbourne
    screenshot_original.jpg
  • Options
    PsychoSimXXPsychoSimXX Posts: 4,403 Member
    If you talking about the area sims can go that not places we can't build upon, I can't help you. Mine have always been rather bare. As for lots, that I can help with. I have a few clubs that go around cleaning up parks and what not. I have random clubs to also help populate some lots. Mainly I use the MC Command center mod and have the visitor levels set to 40 and I have pretty close to that showing up on every lot.

Follow me on Twitter

Check out my Gallery

Peace, Love, and Unity.

`•.,¸¸,.•´¯ ¯`•.,¸¸,.•´
  • Options
    BabySquareBabySquare Posts: 7,869 Member
    I'm actually referring to areas outside lot boundaries that experienced high sim traffic, but suddenly there's nothing.
  • Options
    klestrellaklestrella Posts: 440 Member
    I noticed this too, but I wasn't sure if it was related to the patch or not. So far both the communal areas in WC (behind the park) and that area in Newcrest are completely abandoned in my game. I remember that before the patch, I even saw plates of grilled foods lying around on the benches, but now everything's gone and none of the townies are anywhere to be seen.
  • Options
    LolaLuvsSimsLolaLuvsSims Posts: 1,828 Member
    I thought it was just me. My sim aged to a child yesterday but now there are no children at the little park by her house
  • Options
    SkobeeSkobee Posts: 2,864 Member
    Same here, it's so empty.. I thought lots were supposed to be full of sims, but it seems with each patch there are a lot less of them.
    Origin ID - RosyAngelina
  • Options
    feetinstockingsfeetinstockings Posts: 4,264 Member
    Funny you say that. I moved a family into one of the houses where behind them is the grilling park, with two sets of picnic tables and two grills, I was going to send my family out for free food, only to find rotten food on the tables and the grill, as though there had been sims there and then they just disappeared. I had my sim clean up. I'm going into play now, I'll let you know if this changes.
  • Options
    5782341b77vl5782341b77vl Posts: 9,149 Member
    Sul sul?
    (crickets chirping)
    :lol:
    ...AND WASH YOUR DING-DANG HANDS!
  • Options
    Funny you say that. I moved a family into one of the houses where behind them is the grilling park, with two sets of picnic tables and two grills, I was going to send my family out for free food, only to find rotten food on the tables and the grill, as though there had been sims there and then they just disappeared. I had my sim clean up. I'm going into play now, I'll let you know if this changes.

Please do. I want to work out if there's anything we can do to fix this. :)
  • Options
    PsychoSimXXPsychoSimXX Posts: 4,403 Member
    One thing I have noticed, is that Sims tend to gather just right outside the corner of the lots I have sent my Sim to. They just stand there all gathered together for the longest time before coming onto the lot.

Follow me on Twitter

Check out my Gallery

Peace, Love, and Unity.

`•.,¸¸,.•´¯ ¯`•.,¸¸,.•´
  • Options
    I hope you can see the time, this was lunch time, and both ends to the grill park were empty. I've been playing a few sim days and still no sims have come here. I have sims walking around and walking past it, but no one has gone into it.
    But Ive had loads of sims calling on my sims, sims they have never met and don't know.
    03-25-17_1-55-31nbspPM_zpssnv6awx2.png
  • Options
    AshtontoAshton22AshtontoAshton22 Posts: 1,797 Member
    I got disappointed when I found out it wasn't that kind of ghost town.
  • Options
    I keep watching it, so far it's still empty, I wonder if it's something they forgot to hook up with the last patch??
  • Options
    I hope you can see the time, this was lunch time, and both ends to the grill park were empty. I've been playing a few sim days and still no sims have come here. I have sims walking around and walking past it, but no one has gone into it.
    But Ive had loads of sims calling on my sims, sims they have never met and don't know.
    03-25-17_1-55-31nbspPM_zpssnv6awx2.png

This is exactly what I'm talking about - I previously had loads of sims going there, and fishing along the side of the river but as soon as my sim cleans up the old food it looks exactly like your picture here. I'm going to start a new save and deliberately not clean up other sim's food - see what happens.
  • Options
    CrazyboutTheSimsCrazyboutTheSims Posts: 2,739 Member
    I'm having the same problem. There are 0 sims walking around, even at the park there might be one or two.
  • Options
    GalacticGalGalacticGal Posts: 28,579 Member
    An idea struck me just now (ow). Find out what happens if you have your Sim grill up some food and leave it. I have only played a little since the latest patch and haven't had a chance to see this in my game.
    You can download (free) all three volumes of my Night Whispers Star Trek Fanfiction here: http://galacticgal.deviantart.com/gallery/ You'll need to have a pdf reader. New websites: http://www.trekkiefanfiction.com/st-tos.php
    http://www.getfreeebooks.com/star-trek-original-series-fan-fiction-trilogy/
  • Options
    FairyGodMotherFairyGodMother Posts: 7,406 Member
    Are you all using the trait? If so, and this is happening, did you try it without the teen trait?
  • Options
    edited March 2017
    I'm not using the teen trait anywhere.
    @GalacticGal I'll try that now.

Is anyone else having this problem???

@CrazyboutTheSims I have sims walking past it, but none in it. are your sims walking near the parks??
  • Options
    ChampandGirlieChampandGirlie Posts: 2,482 Member
    I haven't really sent my sims to these types of spaces since the patch but I will keep an eye out and check for this. I know that prior to the patch, those types of areas were bustling for me.

Also, someone mentioned having random sims showing up at their residences. I have noticed something like like that yesterday. I'd redone Fountainview Penthouse and moved a young couple in there. Random sims were frequently showing up, wanting to eat their food or asking to work out. I had to lock the front door. I thought that it might be because they were in a penthouse. I haven't played a penthouse before.

I'm still playing them right now but if I notice that in rotation households where I know it is not normal, then I'll know something is weird.
    Champ and Girlie are dogs.
  • Options
    I had my teen go and grill fruit on both grills, had her older sister call her club to eat at one end and her husband got the neighbours random sims who called by, to eat at the other. which they all did. after eating I cancelled the club gathering and everyone went home. had the husband take the spare food home, which I thought was new he was able to put the plate in his inventory and place it in the fridge, there was a plate left on the picnic table, a few hours later it disappeared. just vanished.
  • Options
    An idea struck me just now (ow). Find out what happens if you have your Sim grill up some food and leave it. I have only played a little since the latest patch and haven't had a chance to see this in my game.

I tried that; really nice kebabs. Still nothing
    Are you all using the trait? If so, and this is happening, did you try it without the teen trait?

It's public space not on a lot, so lot traits don't apply to it.
  • Options
    I should point out this isn't (for me) anything to do with the patch - I had the area bustling with sims after the patch. It was clearing up plates of old food that triggered the change.

I've just created a new save *sigh*.
    I've put all my library lots back where they were in-world but I haven't had the chance to go into live mode in the new save yet. When I do I'll make a point not to clear away other sim's plates and see what happens.
  • Options
    I sent my family to the park, I didn't add any traits, called my painting club and everyone turned up. and there were sims already at the park. and more came. it was very busy.

If it happens because we clear up plates, it must be a glitch.
  • Options
    ronnigirl67ronnigirl67 Posts: 209 Member
    I haven't noticed if public areas are dead or not, I'll have to check my game next time I log in. The only oddity I noticed today was when I had Darling Walsh in Windenburg. It was after 9 pm. and I ran into 2 toddlers out on their own. Neither of them live in Windenburg. One asked Darling to read to her and when she finished reading, they walked off and disappeared. I've never run into toddlers before when I'm out with a sim. I imagine it was also a glitch, sadly.
    f3e92f28-c4de-4817-82fe-b544a102d43d.png
  • Options
    pepperjax1230pepperjax1230 Posts: 7,953 Member
    edited March 2017
    What happened to the 'busier community lots' that players where promised?
    No offence but why are you even commenting when you don't have the game playing TS4 demo doesn't count as playing the game and seeing what it has to offer. How do you comment on something you personally haven't seen or experienced?

tenor.gif?itemid=5228641