Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Opinions on Bowling Night?

2...Next

Comments

• Options
    faith4jesusfaith4jesus Posts: 95 Member
    I plan to buy it. I'm glad it's only $10. I thought it came out today so planned my day so I could play it for a few hours in the afternoon and now find it comes out tomorrow. Oh well.
  • Options
    james64468james64468 Posts: 1,276 Member
    I am going to say it again. I believe it temporary happiness for a little awhile. Then it goes boring after that. I guess it okay pack. I am not going to get it but that shouldn't stop others from getting it.
  • Options
    mierpelsommierpelsom Posts: 415 Member
    Uzone27 wrote: »
    I want to know what other people think of the upcoming stuff pack. Personally, I think it should have been part of an Expansion, but I want to know other peoples thoughts on the matter.

I've never been a huge fan of stuff packs but I find this one intriguing,
    It's got a lot of firsts.
    The thing I find quite interesting is that noone seems to be talking much about it,

This will be the first stuff pack I'm aware of that offers such comprehensive focus on just one subject.
    We saw how well that worked for Vampires.
    I'm very interested in seeing how this turns out, becuase if it's as good as I suspect it's going to be then I see it as a positive new approach for SP's in general.

They are including gameplay in SP's it's never happened before.
    Not only are people not talking about it...it seems people are expecting something more?
    Baffling.

I don't know if I would call this gameplay. Romantic Garden Stuff is the one that I think wins that title, simply because the Wishing Well is completely unique in function. At the end of the day, skill or no, Bowling is just another way to fill the fun meter. Had the skill done a bit more outside of unlocking new bowling balls, it might've had potential to be gameplay, but I don't think it is. We're just watching our sims roll a ball down a lane as their fun meter fills up.

I'm also not sure I want gameplay in stuff packs. As I said, personally I view stuff packs as "holding items hostage" in the sense I personally don't desire more generic stuff. Let's say a stuff pack had Chinese stuff and included a fleshed out martial arts skill with unique level unlocks that I would describe as gameplay. If it did that, I would not want any of the Chinese stuff, I'd just want the skill, and I'd feel a ripped off if I was "forced" to pay $10 for a skill.

I'm not so sure about that, though. Saying you're being forced to buy the skill even though you don't want the items flies in the face of every other sort of purchase. If I want an online book so I can read one chapter, I still have to buy the entire book. Or, in terms of real life, if I am buying a coat but I can't find one with both a lining and a hood that I like I either have to choose which I can compromise on or I don't buy a coat until I find the perfect one.

I don't have the option of taking the hood off one, the lining off another and having everything I want in one package without having to look for it.
    Bringer of joy. Lover of life. Wearer of hats.

Grim Spooky Manor Mansion
  • Options
    aiexaiex Posts: 103 Member
    I really was upset when I found out that this was the stuff pack they were releasing. With so many ideas for stuff packs in the "ideas" section, you'd think maybe they'd look at those and make a stuff pack based on what players want? I didn't see a lot of people ask for bowling, in fact, I don't think I saw anybody ask!
  • Options
    TheLibrarySimTheLibrarySim Posts: 966 Member
    I was looking forward to bowling from the first teaser. I knew it'd be full of the goofy humor that I love about the game.
    Then I watched the Livestream and saw all that nifty 50's retro stuff. This pack went from "wanna get" to "must have."
    Can't wait for tomorrow.
    7mQr8Yt.jpg
  • Options
    HappyPhantomHappyPhantom Posts: 881 Member
    It's the 29th and it's not on Origin yet.
    sims4forumsmaller.gif

• Options
    luthienrisingluthienrising Posts: 37,628 Member
    It's the 29th and it's not on Origin yet.

For GPs and SPs (because they're not in stores), they generally release at 10 a.m. or so Pacific time.
    EA CREATOR NETWORK MEMBER — Want to be notified of patches, new Broken Mods threads, and urgent Sims 4 news? Follow me at https://www.patreon.com/luthienrising.
  • Options
    DegrassiGenDegrassiGen Posts: 2,168 Member
    kokoro80 wrote: »
    I'm very happy with it. Stuff packs in this iteration have been fantastic, especially lately. I think @SimGuruGraham and the team are doing a great job! I really appreciate the regular addition of game play items to keep the game fresh between GPs and EPs.

Oh my Gosh a positive comment about this new stuff pack (DegrassiGen has passed out and landed on the trampoline so this unconscious son of a plumbob is just bouncing up and down without knowing he's about to reach the stars if he doesn't wake up) I will inform him that there are people out there that do love this stuff pack when he wakes up from the initial shock and to maintain 27 glasses of water to avoid another fainting spell from the shock of such rarity in The Sims 4: Bowling Stuff..........
  • Options
    dreamprisonerdreamprisoner Posts: 1,221 Member
    Not interested in it. The female CAS is great, but apart from that it falls stale. Should have been part of an expansion, though I'd have been happy with not getting bowling at all. I will probably buy it for the CAS at some point in the distant future, but I'm not spending my money on something underwhelming when they could and have been doing better as of late.
  • Options
    Ravager619Ravager619 Posts: 3,738 Member
    I've barely looked at the CAS and build/buy items, but I really like the bowling part of it. The Oasis Springs bowling alley Maxis made is pretty nice, too. It's definitely worth $10, especially if you like that retro 50s to 60s look.
    "That person who helps others simply because it should or must be done, and because it is the right thing to do, is indeed without a doubt, a real superhero." - Stan Lee
  • Options
    That_Fat_CatThat_Fat_Cat Posts: 85 Member
    edited March 2017
    Cross182 wrote: »
    Uzone27 wrote: »
    I want to know what other people think of the upcoming stuff pack. Personally, I think it should have been part of an Expansion, but I want to know other peoples thoughts on the matter.

I've never been a huge fan of stuff packs but I find this one intriguing,
    It's got a lot of firsts.
    The thing I find quite interesting is that noone seems to be talking much about it,

This will be the first stuff pack I'm aware of that offers such comprehensive focus on just one subject.
    We saw how well that worked for Vampires.
    I'm very interested in seeing how this turns out, becuase if it's as good as I suspect it's going to be then I see it as a positive new approach for SP's in general.

They are including gameplay in SP's it's never happened before.
    Not only are people not talking about it...it seems people are expecting something more?
    Baffling.

I don't know if I would call this gameplay. Romantic Garden Stuff is the one that I think wins that title, simply because the Wishing Well is completely unique in function. At the end of the day, skill or no, Bowling is just another way to fill the fun meter. Had the skill done a bit more outside of unlocking new bowling balls, it might've had potential to be gameplay, but I don't think it is. We're just watching our sims roll a ball down a lane as their fun meter fills up.

I'm also not sure I want gameplay in stuff packs. As I said, personally I view stuff packs as "holding items hostage" in the sense I personally don't desire more generic stuff. Let's say a stuff pack had Chinese stuff and included a fleshed out martial arts skill with unique level unlocks that I would describe as gameplay. If it did that, I would not want any of the Chinese stuff, I'd just want the skill, and I'd feel a ripped off if I was "forced" to pay $10 for a skill.

That could be said about any EP/GP/SP tho. Lets say I just want the singing skill from CL well now I have to pay 40 bucks just to have a singing skill. I could say CL is "holding a skill hostage" to make me pay more for it. At the end of the day its just a matter of your own view point. Some people like how packs are being done this time other do not. I will take Sims 4 of way doing it over Sims 3 item store any day of the week tho.

I don't thing anyone only wants the Singing skill.
  • Options
    wylmite1986wylmite1986 Posts: 1,771 Member
    I'm glad it was just a normal pack and not one that cost $19.99. But in a way, I still love it. I love the new outfits and hairstyles and bowling is fun. :)
    sims_zpswwzalnus.jpg
  • Options
    TheSimsFlixTheSimsFlix Posts: 23 Member
    I just bought it yesterday! So far I love it; I really like the build mode additions. Oh- the triangular end table is brill!
  • Options
    Bronwin2Bronwin2 Posts: 2,010 Member
    It's OK. Worth the price, but I would have preferred a Witches game pack.
  • Options
    TheLibrarySimTheLibrarySim Posts: 966 Member
    I just bought it yesterday! So far I love it; I really like the build mode additions. Oh- the triangular end table is brill!

Put that new table lamp on it. It's perfect.
    7mQr8Yt.jpg