Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Baby Reset

Ever since I got City Life I have this annoying issue which just happened again. When my baby grows up into a toddler I soon after want to edit them in Cas to edit their appearance. Sadly when I return, my game jumps back a day and resets everything I have done since then.

Example:

Jackie had her birthday Saturday, she grew up and I went to CAS. In cas Jackie isn't a toddler, but a baby and when I go back to my game Jackie is a baby again. Not only is that happening but it is no longer Saturday but Friday..

I have had this problem with and without mods and wanted to know if other people have this issue aswell? Because of this I closed my game, because it becomes a very annoying problem. Not to mention the lag is becoming insane. I can barely play my game. My sims sometimes wait an entire minute before doing something I have told them..

I thought Sims 4 was supposed to have lesser bugs than Sims 3? At this moment I can actually play the third installment without any problems.. Sigh.
Origin ID - RosyAngelina

Comments

• Options
    rosemowrosemow Posts: 163,596 Member
    edited March 2017
    Hello
    I am sorry that you are having these issues.

Repairing the game may help. To do that, right click on the sims 4 picture in Origin and click repair.

Try resetting your sims 4 folder and see if that helps. To do that, move your sims 4 folder ( that is in Documents -Electronic Arts - then the sims 4 folder is there ) to the desktop. Then start the game, and a new sims 4 folder will be generated. Exit the game and then copy back the "options.ini" or " options " file and the "saves" , "screenshots" "tray" "custom music " and "mods" folders from the desktop sims 4 folder to the new sims 4 folder, replacing the new generated file/ folders with the old file/folders from the desktop sims 4 folder.

Try switching between 32 bit mode and 64 bit mode and see if one of the modes helps the lagging issues more than the other
    Go to Game Library in Origin . Right click on The Sims 4 picture.
    Click on “Game Properties”. Click on Advanced Launch options.
    Change the “When launching this Game” setting to “The Sims 4 32-bit”
    Or change the “When launching this Game” setting to “The Sims 4 64-bit”

Try turning off origin in-game and see if that helps. To do that, go,to Game Library in Origin . Right click on The Sims 4 picture. Click on “Game Properties”. Then untick the box that enables origin in-game

Try playing in off line mode and see if that helps,with the lagging.

Sometimes having a large amount of items in the sims inventories and household inventory can cause issues. Try removing some of the items from the inventories and see if that helps.
    Try also checking the inventories of other sims households in the game. Simmmers have been finding that the game has been placing items into their inventories when they are not playing the households.

Check to make sure that your graphics drivers are up todate.

Move the screenshots folder to the desktop and see if that may help.
  • Options
    SkobeeSkobee Posts: 2,864 Member
    Sadly, I have tried all of these above and nothing worked. Thank you so much though for giving me the tips. I play offline, my game has been reset for two times now, but the issue keeps coming back. I'm almost positive that this is a bug in the game and i'm hoping it's going to be fixed in the next patch!
    Origin ID - RosyAngelina
  • Options
    rosemowrosemow Posts: 163,596 Member
    Skobee wrote: »
    Sadly, I have tried all of these above and nothing worked. Thank you so much though for giving me the tips. I play offline, my game has been reset for two times now, but the issue keeps coming back. I'm almost positive that this is a bug in the game and i'm hoping it's going to be fixed in the next patch!

Hello
    I was hoping that doing the suggestions may help with the lagging in your game. There will be a patch before the upcoming stuff pack , so I hope that it may help both the baby resetting and lagging issues for you.