Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Bowling Night = Recycled Stuff?

Comments

• Options
    CiarassimsCiarassims Posts: 3,547 Member
    Actually
    The crop top does look very very similar tho, the cardi not so much and the hair is just similar like I said.
    giphy_1.gif
  • Options
    WulfsimmerWulfsimmer Posts: 4,381 Member
    edited March 2017
    Ciarassims wrote: »
    Actually
    The crop top does look very very similar tho, the cardi not so much and the hair is just similar like I said.

What I mean by recycled, I don't mean literally it is copied and pasted just reused then modifed to look different to an extent.
    Random-gifs-random-18723411-368-312.gif

WHAT DID YOU JUST SAY?
  • Options
    comicsforlifecomicsforlife Posts: 9,585 Member
    the guru already said its not so there's nothing to talk about here
    more for sim kids and more drama please
  • Options
    HennriettaHennrietta Posts: 212 Member
    edited March 2017
    giphy.gif

I can't wait for it to come out.
  • Options
    ChampandGirlieChampandGirlie Posts: 2,482 Member
    I guess I don't mind some items that are similar but not the same. Those same items can get used very differently.

I agree that there are a lot of midriff or crop tops and that most of my sims don't wear them. I can definitely see the similarity in the sweater layered over a crop top, but one is more like "American sportswear" and the other is preppy clubwear. I would use those two outfits differently and probably for different sims. I look forward to seeing what else is in the pack.

The two hairstyles look different to me. I have wavy hair that is sometimes mid-length and while I don't make sims as myself, I do appreciate seeing more wavy options. I think the bowling hair looks cute.

The Vintage Glamour is a classic art deco/old Hollywood movie perm. The bowling haircut is casual and sporty. I see some similarity in the outfits but not the hair. By that argument, two straight hair styles of different lengths are the same. They add more options which you can utilize or not according to your preference, so even if similar, I don't see a problem.
    Champ and Girlie are dogs.
  • Options
    mariah6194mariah6194 Posts: 1,002 Member
    Keks_Milch wrote: »
    Its not recycled...
    sVcs7MO.jpg

I thought they were almost the same until you posted this, they re definitely different! I love having more short hairstyles too
    tumblr_olomnw8E5c1ug9tk9o2_500.gif
  • Options
    PHOEBESMOM601PHOEBESMOM601 Posts: 14,595 Member
    What I do find recycled is the activity of the pack .... bowling. Have the devs run out of new activity ideas?
    "People really love to explore 'failure states. In fact, the failure states are really much more interesting than the success states." ~ Will Wright
  • Options
    the guru already said its not so there's nothing to talk about here

Yes there is, people have different views and opinions -_-

WHAT DID YOU JUST SAY?
  • Options
    OEII1001OEII1001 Posts: 3,682 Member
    Seeing as the author of the work has confirmed that the assets were not recycled, there isn't anything to discuss.
  • Options
    OEII1001 wrote: »
    Seeing as the author of the work has confirmed that the assets were not recycled, there isn't anything to discuss.

Well there seems to be since you seem to like repeating literally what others have said so I wouldn't mind discussing that :)

WHAT DID YOU JUST SAY?
  • Options
    Wulfsimmer wrote: »

Well there seems to be since you seem to like repeating literally what others have said so I wouldn't mind discussing that :)

Learn to quit while you're behind.
  • Options

Nah, I would rather discuss random things with ya.

WHAT DID YOU JUST SAY?
  • Options

We won't be discussing anything. I understand you're sore. It is understandable; you got the boom lowered on you by a dev. My advice would be to step away and collect yourself. You're not doing yourself any favors right now.
  • Options

We won't be discussing anything. I understand you're sore. It is understandable; you got the boom lowered on you by a dev. My advice would be to step away and collect yourself. You're not doing yourself any favors right now.

Umm...I am pretty sure @SimGuruGraham wouldn't call it 'that' but rather a disucssion -_- .

WHAT DID YOU JUST SAY?
  • Options
    Orchid13Orchid13 Posts: 8,823 Member
    I agree with the OP. Not the clothes though, but hair styles, yes, extremely similar. Anyway even though I think they look pretty much the same, I can't think of any other hairstyles. I would like more ombre kind of hairstyles, I think that would be very cool
    21mbz47.jpg
  • Options
    Sigzy05Sigzy05 Posts: 19,406 Member
    edited March 2017
    So...for the hair

Vintage Glamour

407016c84d032b681923c60065dacc01.png

So-Called New Hair from Bowling Stuff

08eeac3584efb0e8cbd72da4fe1cd035.png

Now for the 'outfit'

Get Together

12-05-15_1-47-02-AM-300x169.jpg

Bowling Night 'New' Outfit

08eeac3584efb0e8cbd72da4fe1cd035.png

To be fair with all parties:

It's not recycled, but it's been an issue the art team has been having for the most part with this game. Their creative choices have been somewhat repetitive when it comes to hair especially.

But speaking on my behalf, I'm not buying this pack simply because I don't feel the need to have a similar hair or clothing to what I already have.
    mHdgPlU.jpg?1
  • Options
    TheLibrarySimTheLibrarySim Posts: 966 Member
    Is that a new tattoo on the right arm of the first woman bowling?
    7mQr8Yt.jpg
  • Options
    PrincessVeePrincessVee Posts: 1,787 Member

What tattoo? I don't see any.
    Intel i7-6700HQ; nvidia gtx970m 3 gb; 1tb HHD and 256gb SSD; my drivers are always up to date.

• Options
    luthienrisingluthienrising Posts: 37,628 Member

What tattoo? I don't see any.

It's visible here: https://www.flickr.com/photos/simsvip/33462372771/in/album-72157681717583775/
    EA CREATOR NETWORK MEMBER — Want to be notified of patches, new Broken Mods threads, and urgent Sims 4 news? Follow me at https://www.patreon.com/luthienrising.
  • Options
    FreezerBunnyCowplantFreezerBunnyCowplant Posts: 3,957 Member
    edited March 2017
    Similarities in shape or style are not indicative of assets being "recycled". These assets were built from the ground up to fit the aesthetic of our bowling pack.

A0UaiUal.jpg
    Lies?
    a256aFi.gif
  • Options
    Keks_MilchKeks_Milch Posts: 513 Member
    Similarities in shape or style are not indicative of assets being "recycled". These assets were built from the ground up to fit the aesthetic of our bowling pack.

A0UaiUal.jpg
    Lies?

It had been posted in the General Discussion first.
  • Options
    simgirl1010simgirl1010 Posts: 35,878 Member
    Keks_Milch wrote: »

A0UaiUal.jpg
    Lies?

It had been posted in the General Discussion first.

Yes. Simgurugraham probably moved it here after he commented.
  • Options
    mariah6194mariah6194 Posts: 1,002 Member

Nope, it's that sailor girl tattoo we've always had. :)
    tumblr_olomnw8E5c1ug9tk9o2_500.gif
  • Options
    ChampandGirlieChampandGirlie Posts: 2,482 Member

A0UaiUal.jpg
    Lies?

Well, we can't switch free will/autonomy off of the developers, so I guess they are certainly within their rights to show up. Haha.
    Champ and Girlie are dogs.
  • Options
    PsychoSimXXPsychoSimXX Posts: 4,403 Member
    Things have been recycled since the Sims 1. Heck at one point they would even take meshes from creators and put them in expansion packs causing the mesh the creator made to break. So recycling is nothing new and will continue. But those meshes you used as an example are not exact mesh. Granted I do see your point on the similarities.

Follow me on Twitter

Check out my Gallery

Peace, Love, and Unity.

`•.,¸¸,.•´¯ ¯`•.,¸¸,.•´