Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Count Vladislaus Straud

Or 'von Clod' as I call him. I just can't get my head round his name :)

Anyway, I used to hate him with a passion for the way he'd target my new Sims at night. I learnt to lock the doors but found, to my horror, that he could put his arms through the walls of a downstairs bedroom and daze a sleeping Sim. No more beds against an outside wall for my Sims.

I decided just to delete him when I started a new game but soon realised that it's not too clever to dispose of a rich Sim living in a sumptuous property. So - when I granted Lilith Vatore's wish to raise vampires I had her 'turn' five pretty young vampires and moved them in with von Clod.

After a few Sim days I thought I'd better check on the misery and went in to see how they were all doing together. I couldn't find any of them at first but eventually looked in the basement. There they all were, the girls clustered around the organ and Vlad, absolutely in his element, playing to them. They all looked as if they were having a whale of a time.

He was very good, too, when Lilith asked him to mentor her when she wanted to learn to play.

Now, if I have a vampire-appropriate Game I move a pretty vampire or two in with him if I find any among the Townies.

The best thing, though, was when I dipped my toe in the water to play toddlers - shudders.

I remembered to lock their door but really didn't think old Vlad would bother a household with little kids in it - I'm so naive, the guy's evil :)

Anyway, he turned up all growly and spooky music when one of the toddlers was awake. Well, they're your first line of defence in the event of a vampire attack, right?

Little Ellie went off to the front door and gave him a right telling off (or babbled at him) and he just stood there and took it.

You'll have to picture the scene, I didn't get a photo. Dawn was approaching, the Sun was coming up and Vlad was starting to fry. Tiny little Ellie was standing there showing no signs of letting up and the big bad evil vampire was burning as he tried to get a word in edgeways.

Eventually, he managed it - a mean word at that - and darted off home to the shadows leaving Ellie right miffed at being told off.

She might have finally lost the battle but Vlad was in no doubt he'd been in a fight :)

Anyone else having fun with him?

Don't feed the trolls

Comments

• Options
    LaBlue0314LaBlue0314 Posts: 17,436 Member
    edited March 2017
    He just did a sneak attack on one of my unsuspecting couples. I am now calling him Old Baldy Pants, I really don't like this guy one bit.
  • Options
    ratsrbestratsrbest Posts: 579 Member
    @LaBlue0314

I make sure all my Sims lock their doors now. It can be a pain when they want to invite friends over - I'm not great at remembering to unlock and relock - but it keeps the old ****** out.

But that vampire growling goes right through me and it goes on for ages when they can't get in.

One of my Sims is in the Science career and gleefully uses the Freeze Ray on any vampires who turn up at her lot. It's funny when they finally thaw out. They're a bit blue and shivery and say 'I've got to be going now. Thanks for hanging out with me' :smiley:

Don't feed the trolls
  • Options
    CinderellimouseCinderellimouse Posts: 19,380 Member
    Ha ha, I enjoyed your Vlad stories, thanks for sharing. :D
  • Options
    @Cinderellimouse - Thank you :)

This game certainly has its moments.
    Don't feed the trolls
  • Options
    NindigoNindigo Posts: 2,764 Member
    I like him - he is very cartoonish which is probably why many don't like his charcter. Let's not get too serious about the Sims ;) Anyway, his evil trait, undead aura, and uncontrolled hissing make him a difficult one in social situations, not to mention he's a loner and prefers solitude over your Sim. Even if you befriend him, he is quick to negate all your hard work with some uncalled for unkind interactions. To spite him, I created a GOOD twin once that I named Vladimir and moved into his mansion - same aspiration, but opposite traits. That was good fun! I think the 3 premade vampires resemble the 3 new aspirations very well. Family, friends and power. The latter we often associate with something negative such as lust for power. That's why Vladislaus is evil. He's oldschool Dracula evil. The Vatore siblings are more like the humane modern vampire types.

Origin ID: Nindigo79

A smile is the prettiest thing you can wear
    Time enjoyed is never time wasted

• Options
    isaiahzayisaiahzay Posts: 295 Member
    edited March 2017
    Made him a bit more likeable and married my good scientist sim to him (total opposites) they now have a teenage vampire daughter... he's a weird dad. :D:/
  • Options
    I'd like to see pics of his grown up offspring to see what his original genetics do :)

• Options
    SageRainWillowSageRainWillow Posts: 2,221 Member
    edited March 2017
    Nindigo wrote: »
    I'd like to see pics of his grown up offspring to see what his original genetics do :)

This. This is what he spawns...

32565462934_98a8b17a11_b.jpg
    42959178421_482f6f6a5c_o.png

• Options
    Tanja1986Tanja1986 Posts: 1,237 Member
    LOL @SageRainWillow the Sim look like he is terribly sad! I know Vlad has that too, but on a Sim who almost looks normal it just looks like he wants to cry any time soon! :D
  • Options
    @SageRainWillow Thanks! It could be worse. He looks like a chubby Vlad save for hair color and nose. Well, maybe I'd look sad too if I had the same lineage, lol.

• Options
    SnowWolf58SnowWolf58 Posts: 382 Member
    "There they all were, the girls clustered around the organ and Vlad, absolutely in his element..." I thought this was going to be a prelude to some bodacious woohoo for a moment. ;)
    Ryzen 1700X • 16GB • RX 580

INFJ -A/-T
  • Options
    @SnowWolf58

I can see why you'd think that :blush:

Up to now, no woohoo for Vlad though. Bodacious or otherwise. I wonder if there are special sound effects for his creaky old bones, especially in a coffin. Perhaps a more intrepid person than me could give it a try and report back :smiley:
    Don't feed the trolls
  • Options
    SageRainWillowSageRainWillow Posts: 2,221 Member
    Nope, no sounds effects. Well, except the hissing afterwards. The girls don't seem to stick around long.
    42959178421_482f6f6a5c_o.png

• Options
    @SageRainWillow - perhaps the hissing is the sound of someone or something deflating?

I've got to stop this, I'm laughing too much :smiley:
    Don't feed the trolls
  • Options
    ZhakiraPZhakiraP Posts: 1,439 Member
    Old Vlad came to my lawn one of the first nights of my new legacy, hung around, stayed until dawn, burnt to a crisp and died. My lawn now has a pretty tomb stone.
    53218870167_a5d450f1db_h.jpg
  • Options
    bellak_bellak_ Posts: 11 New Member
    This thread is one of the funniest things I've ever read, haven't laughed this hard in a while
  • Options
    TheLibrarySimTheLibrarySim Posts: 966 Member
    Vlad is a lot of fun. My Sim went over and had him Mentor her on the pipe organ. Then she played for him.
    There's just something about a vampire in an old Gothic mansion standing around listening to circus music that I find hilarious.
    7mQr8Yt.jpg
  • Options
    OldeseadoggeOldeseadogge Posts: 5,000 Member
    One of my houses has a water slide out back, the kind with the shark head. After a couple of ignored door knocks he made a bee line for the thing and used it until he started smoking from the sun and had to leave in a hurry. Has some great moves, think he watches surfing movies in his spare time.

If you want to enliven the old vampy hacienda, move in another Maxis made vamp set, the one with Inna Cents, the dame with the goofy walk & hair, and the guy with the top hat. I forget the name of it. The guy's a neat-freak, and happiest when he's got his spray bottle of cleaner with rag and wiping things down.
  • Options
    JACKIEJOYJACKIEJOY Posts: 802 Member
    Vlad in tails doing yoga is always good for giggles.
  • Options
    Nik24X7Nik24X7 Posts: 7,865 Member
    edited July 2017
    I started a new game over the long holiday weekend. This time, I moved in a Sim from my Library/Gallery named Alessandra Sharpe. She's a vampire and also evil. The two are married and now have a toddler son, Fricorith Straud. Vlad is the founder of the UnDead club, which is a great way for vampires to get together and socialize.

Edit: here is a picture of Alessandra Sharpe in the Gallery:

Alessandra%20Sharpe_zpsoegc0gxe.jpg
    Origin ID: nik24x7
  • Options
    edited September 2017
    XgqkkFb.png
    JACKIEJOY wrote: »

Vlad showed up to a yoga class in a suit of armor once. I about fell out of my chair.
    Post edited by TheLibrarySim on
    7mQr8Yt.jpg
  • Options
    Nik24X7Nik24X7 Posts: 7,865 Member
    JACKIEJOY wrote: »

Vlad showed up to a yoga class in a suit of armor once. I about fell out of my chair.
    Vlad was hosting a club event with the UnDead at the local vampire lounge. Seems the Knights of the Hedge showed up, too. I laughed so hard thinking that the armor was meant to prevent any of them from being bit.

Origin ID: nik24x7
  • Options
    CroxycookCroxycook Posts: 239 Member
    One of my sims had a club for vampires and started a meeting not long before the sun went down. Apparently that was all it took for old Vlad. Grand Master Vampire and no sun protection perk.
  • Options
    Luvbug16Luvbug16 Posts: 3 New Member
    This man literally scared the heck out of me the first time he targeted my sims at night. I had no idea it was even a thing until he walked into my apartment. Thank goodness I'm weird & lock my bedroom doors. I still haven't seen what all he does once he actually gets in. I'd rather not find out lol.
  • Options
    Luvbug16 wrote: »
    This man literally scared the heck out of me the first time he targeted my sims at night. I had no idea it was even a thing until he walked into my apartment. Thank goodness I'm weird & lock my bedroom doors. I still haven't seen what all he does once he actually gets in. I'd rather not find out lol.

You want to see something really scary? Here are two of his kids:
    YQ1kglV.jpgCLyAp4i.jpg
    When the first one showed up, she'd walk normally, and then suddenly do this:
    6FhpYPa.jpg
    And then back to normal, and then that, and so on and so forth. It was terrifying.
    Oh, and here's Himself, doing yoga:
    UMKYX52.jpg
    I guess he's just too busy being fabulous to change into gym clothes.

7mQr8Yt.jpg