Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Sim 4 pets sounding like coming soon!!

Comments

• Options
    luthienrisingluthienrising Posts: 37,628 Member
    Nothing in the code suggests anything about a song or that singer. You can go to regular Sims sites to get detailed info about what has actually been found. Some are linked in Speculation here. If it doesn't say Sims in the name, it's often clickbait and can be wildly out of nowhere. This one isn't half off but still... Clickbait journalist conflated stuff weirdly there.
    EA CREATOR NETWORK MEMBER — Want to be notified of patches, new Broken Mods threads, and urgent Sims 4 news? Follow me at https://www.patreon.com/luthienrising.
  • Options
    PoKiTauru5PoKiTauru5 Posts: 105 Member
    Leona Lewis has tweeted that a new Sims 4 ep is coming (idk why she called it "a new sims game", probably trolling on that part) and the Sims team follows her!

It's highly possible we will see her sing some simlish songs for the game. They've already done this type of celeb stuff before.
    Leona has also had a song featured in Final Fantasy, and apparently another of her songs was considered for GTA IV.

Also, she confirmed that new music is coming soon, it might as well be tied with the sims 4.

It all really makes sense :)
  • Options
    SiMsStoriesSiMsStories Posts: 219 Member
    I am going to take this with a small teaspoon of salt... If it is true, then woot!!! I cannot wait for the announcement!
    BHv51HO.gif
    Alive - Episode 2: Friends |watch it on| Youtube | Forum | Twitter
  • Options
    EmmaNijiEmmaNiji Posts: 102 Member
    I can't wait to see what will happen. Honestly, I hope it is all true. I have been looking forward to pets for a long time. I am trying really hard to not expect too much though.
  • Options
    DeservedCriticismDeservedCriticism Posts: 2,251 Member
    There are about four dozen trash-tier websites that claim to have "news" about Sims 4 to get clicks, and they never have anything new at all. This article doesn't tell us anything we didn't already learn from the actual Sims fansites. Do me a favor and let's not encourage these clickbait websites.

Having said that, no, there's not really any news here, but!!! to me the most telling thing is that the Sims team went ahead and patched some of the pets data into the game so dataminers can find it. This is something that really only gets done as they prepare to release a pack. It doesn't neccesarly happen mere moments before a pack's release, but as I recall we say some of the Vampire images in ~October or so, then got it in January.

It is completely possible we may see Pets in the next quarter, AKA Summer. It's by no means a guarentee, but it is possible. I would be rather surprised if we didn't see Pets before ~August.
    "Who are you, that do not know your history?"
  • Options
    RetinaStormRetinaStorm Posts: 185 Member
    i would love to see pets but until i see something that comes from the official site then i wont be jumping on the sofa and doing a lil dance hopefully it will be soon and a lot of thought and effort put into it
  • Options
    DiabolicalAFDiabolicalAF Posts: 70 Member
    I am hoping they will give us something different with pets this time. As much as I love Dogs, cats and horses (I love all animals) I am getting kind of bored with just having them as options. How about Rabbits? Ferrets?

Not really expecting anything new, but one can dream, right?
  • Options
    DrakoVongola2DrakoVongola2 Posts: 60 Member
    Leona Lewis talks about playing the Sims and suddenly that means Pets expansion? That's a stretch o-o

Am I the only one who's not really concerned with Pets? I just never find them all that interesting. More excited for the eventual Seasons or University tbh
  • Options
    Orchid13Orchid13 Posts: 8,823 Member
    Leona Lewis talks about playing the Sims and suddenly that means Pets expansion? That's a stretch o-o

Am I the only one who's not really concerned with Pets? I just never find them all that interesting. More excited for the eventual Seasons or University tbh

What? Pets were found in the game code, don't know what Leona Lewis whoever she is has anything to do with it.
    21mbz47.jpg
  • Options
    EvieSunshineEvieSunshine Posts: 133 Member
    Speaking of Sims 4 Pets and sounds, I seem to hear a lot more dog barking and cat meowing since the patch a couple of days ago. My sim is a night owl and, prior to the patch, there were noises but they seem much more apparent now. I'm not all that thrilled about a pets expansion but I know those background noises have changed. Has anyone else noticed this?
  • Options
    kwanzaabotkwanzaabot Posts: 2,440 Member
    While it's *possible* that Leona Lewis might have a Simlish song in a future EP, I think it's more likely that she's simply a fan, and has learned about the Pets rumours.

She's going to be "antisocial" because she wants to play Pets.

I mean, she *could* be under an NDA about the content she's recorded, but if that's the case clearly she's in breach of that NDA by tweeting about it.
    wJbomAo.png
  • Options
    rudy8292rudy8292 Posts: 3,410 Member
    edited March 2017
    kwanzaabot wrote: »
    While it's *possible* that Leona Lewis might have a Simlish song in a future EP, I think it's more likely that she's simply a fan, and has learned about the Pets rumours.

She's going to be "antisocial" because she wants to play Pets.

I mean, she *could* be under an NDA about the content she's recorded, but if that's the case clearly she's in breach of that NDA by tweeting about it.

Or: she can be used as a marketing tool. Same as all the yibsims. Just say something with no in depth info, and people will talk about it -> creates hype -> $$$

I honestly don't think 'she is just a fan'. It's not uncommon famous artists recorded songs in simlish for EP's. So my guess is one of her songs will be featured in the next (maybe Pets?) EP.
  • Options
    Pipersfun2Pipersfun2 Posts: 710 Member
    Speaking of Sims 4 Pets and sounds, I seem to hear a lot more dog barking and cat meowing since the patch a couple of days ago. My sim is a night owl and, prior to the patch, there were noises but they seem much more apparent now. I'm not all that thrilled about a pets expansion but I know those background noises have changed. Has anyone else noticed this?

I have noticed pet sounds before, I do agree there are more than ever now, I hope that it is a good sign!
    while we are playing them,WHO IS PLAYING US?
  • Options
    Huiiie_07Huiiie_07 Posts: 1,200 Member
    I'm pretty sure pets are coming in the next EP, just look at all the hints in CL and the things that were found in the game code some time ago. I just hope pets aren't like in TS3, where every pets except minor pets are playable. It was too stressful imo, and I eventually avoided having pets other than minor pets or birds.
    Origin ID: Huiiie_07

I like to build stuff
  • Options
    orkhid22orkhid22 Posts: 2,226 Member

you're the only one making the leona lewis connection. most of the speculation for pets is founded on code found in files. i will agree to being excited about seasons.
  • Options
    ConclueConclue Posts: 2,307 Member
    I hope they expanded on Pets this time around! :) Sims 3 was great, but there could be more I feel like. LOL
  • Options
    SimsInHogwartsSimsInHogwarts Posts: 57 Member

I love pets but the expansion will only be worthy if there is a variety (like sb mentioned before: not just the regular ones but also rabbits, ferrets, etc.) Otherwise a university expansion would be better.
  • Options
    plopppo2plopppo2 Posts: 3,420 Member
    Pets are being eagerly awaited at present.

I think we should get them this year.
  • Options
    Tay-way654Tay-way654 Posts: 50 Member
    if they are without horses, i will be utterly disappointed