Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

I can't finish an opportunity.

SimsophoniqueSimsophonique Posts: 1,410 Member
edited March 2017 in The Sims 3 Bugs & Issues
Hello everybody.

I need your help because I am very tired I am not able to finish the Golden Lama Missing opportunity because Nrass Error trap always reset my simself after finishing to go to the Civic Centre. The reason is :
A null value was found where an object instance was required. #0: 0x006fa callvirt in Sims3.Gameplay.Rewards.Sims3.Gameplay.Rewards.RewardsManager:GiveRewards
I can't show you the whole log because there is French inside and there is my whole identity, my simself has the same name exactly like me. it breaks too much rules.

I am playing a customized version of Sunset Valley , the Civic Centre of Isla Paradisio as rabbithole.
Please what does it mean? Sometimes I lost forever the opportunity, sometimes I keep it.
The Nrass MC/Base/Opportunity doesn't have it in its database. So I can't reactivate it.

I am playing my simself, former Clarevoyant, now Investigator carreer level 1.

Thank you for the help. I really need to fix my troubles for continuing my story.

Follow and read Miss V Detective (ts3 story)
on wordpress: thesimsophonique.wp.com / on dreamwidth: simsophonique.dreamwidth.org
Follow me on tumblr (sims only)
simsophonique.tumblr.com (please no triggers I am autistic asperger)

Comments

• Options
    igazorigazor Posts: 19,330 Member
    Generally speaking, that error means you have a script or tuning mod that is carrying a not well defined operation or one that is not intended to be run on your patch level. We would have to read the entire log at NRaas, not here, to get more information than that. Our coders are not on this forum. If you want to upload it to us, you could run it through a text editor and replace all instances of your name with some other string of characters to preserve your privacy.
    http://nraas.wikispaces.com/How+To+Upload
    (free registration and wiki membership required to upload and open a support thread)

I note however that the IP Civic Centre is a combo rabbit hole (police, military, city hall). Combo rabbit holes have always broken opportunities ever since they were introduced by EA. Overwatch v122 (or higher) fixes this, do you have Overwatch and that version? If you already do, it's possible that OW is not expecting to handle that particular combo lot, although we've never had reports of particular ones breaking since that version went through beta testing last year.

For a more forceful way through a broken opportunity though, I believe the mod you would want is DebugEnabler, not MasterController. MC grants your sims opportunities to fulfill, I don't think it will grant one it thinks is already in play. DE just fulfills them for you. It's "cheating," but the only to get through a broken one sometimes.
    o550pjoa47rpxo63g.jpg
    NRaas has moved!
    Our new site is at http://nraas.net
  • Options
    edited March 2017
    Thank you @igazor for the help.

I ignored about combo rabbitholes thank you for the notice. I choose this lot to match with my story that we are under a dictatorship.
    I have Overwatch and normally I choose the last version for patch 1.67, I don't patched my game to 1.69, I don't know if I really have the good version. I don't have any warnings when I launch the game so my mods seems to be the right version. I don't know how to check it out.

I will download the DebugEnabler thank you for telling me the utility because sometimes I don't understand everything and I will repport the whole log and changed my ID , however I hope I don't have a bother if my log is sometimes in French , that's just the traits and the carreer of my simself and tje skills nothing important. I will repport the log as soon as possible. I hope it could be fixed and that'll help other people in the same case than me.

I also redesigned the whole lot, I sent my simself to visit the City hall, and no troubles occured. I rather to tell you this.
    Thank you for taking your time to teach me tricks and to help me.
    on wordpress: thesimsophonique.wp.com / on dreamwidth: simsophonique.dreamwidth.org
  • Options
    The only mod in our entire collection that has separate 1.67 and 1.69 versions is ErrorTrap. The latest version of everything else, including Overwatch, is now and will continue to be for both patch levels. Of course it's fine if portions of your script logs are in the install language of your game.

I would suggest replacing Overwatch with the current version even if you might already have it. But any of your script logs, at the bottom, should tell you which versions you currently have. Or you could do, on City Hall, NRaas > Overwatch > Version and it will tell you the version of itself or any other NRaas mod currently installed.

Or you could replace the combo lot with three standalone ones, unless you have already done this (wasn't sure from your last paragraph). It's not visiting combo lots for other reasons that causes problems without the Overwatch fix in place, it's just opportunities/challenges that won't complete. Oh, and the entire Athletic career becomes broken if the combo includes a stadium like some of the others do.
    o550pjoa47rpxo63g.jpg
    NRaas has moved!
  • Options
    I don't build myself the Civic Centre. I took this from Isla Paradisio that is already a combo one. I placed it in a custom sized lot made with anylotsize and I decorated the surrounding.
    I am not good at building at all. :( I didn't go to my game since. I was keeping busy elsewhere.
    Thank you for explanaining me about the difference between visits and opportunity. I never imagined myself the game is so much broken.

Now I am able to reply your question about the version of my Overwatch. This is the version of the Overwatch I use
    NRaasOverwatch: Version 121
    I got Error trap version 100. I don't know if it's the good one.

Alright I will download again Overwatch tomorrow because it's very late here. I downloaded the DebugEnabler as you suggested me.
    I can separate at least the army I kept the giant lot near the rocket space empty I don't know the adress of the lot at least. But I don't want to keep the original City town of Sunset Valley I want to use an other one. Even it's a big place .

Thank you for accepting my log as it is, I will create an account later .I understood I have to zip it prior to send it , did I understand well?

• Options
    edited March 2017
    Yes, it is much easier to work with uploaded logs if they are zipped first, even if there's only one of them. But you may not have to do that -- your version of Overwatch is one behind and does not contain the fixes that v122 does including for the combo lots. This page lists them out at the top, so you can see what you have been missing.
    http://nraas.wikispaces.com/Overwatch+Revision+Notes

On ErrorTrap, v100 is the current one. There is a v100 for 1.67 and a v100 for 1.69. You would know if you had the "wrong" one because you would get a core version mismatch warning on every startup if you did.

If you update OW though, the fix won't be instant in the sense that any opportunities or challenges already in progress (or that your game thinks are already in progress) and that involve combo lots will probably have to be dismissed and started over.
    Post edited by igazor on
    o550pjoa47rpxo63g.jpg
    NRaas has moved!
  • Options
    igazor wrote: »
    Yes, it is much easier to work with uploaded logs if they are zipped first, even if there's only one of them. But you may not have to do that -- your version of Overwatch is one behind and does not contain the fixes that v122 does including for the combo lots. This page lists them out at the top, so you can see what you have been missing.
    http://nraas.wikispaces.com/Overwatch+Revision+Notes

On ErrorTrap, v100 is the current one. There is a v100 for 1.67 and a v100 for 1.69. You would know if you had the "wrong" one because you would get a core version mismatch on every startup if you did.

If you update OW though, the fix won't be instant in the sense that any opportunities or challenges already in progress (or that your game thinks are already in progress) and that involve combo lots will probably have to be dismissed and started over.

Alright :) version 122 works with patch 1.67 ?
    I'll read that tomorrow calmy with a clear mind , I am going to pin the link on firefox. For errortrap no mismatch on start up and for all my mods even overwatch.
    Thank you for everything. I can't wait to fix that trouble for good.
  • Options
    edited March 2017
    The current versions of all NRaas mods work for 1.67 and 1.69, it's just that ErrorTrap v100 has a different "flavor" download for each patch -- it's a core mod so the version build number (internal) has to match the game patch exactly. We are not dropping support for 1.67 as mods continue be updated and in fact recommend that players stay on it if they can. Our lead developer doesn't even have 1.69 and he doesn't want it. :)

So the short answer is, yes. OW v122 is fine for either patch level.
    o550pjoa47rpxo63g.jpg
    NRaas has moved!
  • Options
    edited March 2017
    Ouch wiki space is a paid registration I hope they'll delete my subscription after 30 months. I don't wish to pay for keeping my account.
    I have just downloaded the good overwatch version, and delete the old one.
  • Options
    You do not need a paid subscription at wikispaces unless you are planning to set up your own wiki. Registration and membership at NRaas is and always will be free of charge.

If you already created a paid account and have no need for it, I suggest that you ask Wikispaces for a refund.
    o550pjoa47rpxo63g.jpg
    NRaas has moved!
  • Options
    edited April 2017
    igazor wrote: »
    You do not need a paid subscription at wikispaces unless you are planning to set up your own wiki. Registration and membership at NRaas is and always will be free of charge.

If you already created a paid account and have no need for it, I suggest that you ask Wikispaces for a refund.

@igazor No worry I don't fill anything I just registred and that's all.

I think I am solving this problem at least I have the explanation nobody told before. I don't have the statue in my game. I needed it for my bsides story . I run the buydebug mode in case of finding it... Nothing !
    This statue is non-existant and that's why the game didn't give me it. No matter if I play combo or not combo the result is the same error trap just after finishing the case boom ! My simself is sent at home resetted.

I searched for it opening sims3workshop = nothing
    By the way the magnifying glass isn't referenced as well but my simself has got it (but I guess the two others private eyes haven't got it)

"Null" reminds me of the French world quite similar as pronounciation "Nul". I am checking at the Fr/English dictionary and one of the sense are common in both language , it means no value !

I hope it helps, I searched at Google, I find no pictures of this trophee. >:) . Does it exist really ? Because it's worrying !

I am starting to think the devs forgot to include it or something wrong in plenty of people's game. I except people to have the same error trap in the Thief carreer, because I read thief has to steal it at the City Hall.