Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

How do vampires affect your game?

2...Next

Comments

• Options
    calaprfycalaprfy Posts: 3,927 Member
    Yes, there is garlic, but the ability to make garlands and wreaths takes time to acquire, and the plants themselves are scarcer than the proverbial hen's teeth.

You can find garlic in FH and, once a sim has reached a certain level in vampire lore (which is very easy to rank up), they can buy garlic seeds. Growing garlic and creating braids, wreaths is so easy from this point.

• Options
    ZaszZasz Posts: 806 Member
    So far the most significant effect was the help the vampires required at the beginning to drink blood. They didnt drink on their own even if the plasma packs were in their inventory and I had to go outside during day. Isnt a problem anylonger on higher vampire levels. Not sure why.
  • Options
    NindigoNindigo Posts: 2,764 Member
    How can vampires be a "problem" to gameplay? They walk in, bite and leave. They don't steal or turn your Sim, merely leave a moodlet. Why all the fuss to avoid them? I'm confused o.O

Origin ID: Nindigo79

A smile is the prettiest thing you can wear
    Time enjoyed is never time wasted

• Options
    kokoro80kokoro80 Posts: 651 Member
    Nindigo wrote: »
    How can vampires be a "problem" to gameplay? They walk in, bite and leave. They don't steal or turn your Sim, merely leave a moodlet. Why all the fuss to avoid them? I'm confused o.O

Because their randomness messes up story telling. I don't mind vampires being in my game, I just wish I had more control over when and how they impact/interact with my sims.
  • Options
    PegasysPegasys Posts: 1,135 Member
    kokoro80 wrote: »
    Nindigo wrote: »

Because their randomness messes up story telling. I don't mind vampires being in my game, I just wish I had more control over when and how they impact/interact with my sims.

And I want more randomness in the game...

The devs don't have it easy... :o
  • Options
    ldmarkoldmarko Posts: 5,487 Member
    They don't, I kicked them out & turned all my lots private. I only bought it for the neighborhood & the garlic plants anyway. They spawn from time to time, but are no more of a nuisance than aliens.
    Gallery ID: LDM2