Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Guess the "Wow" factor!

124...Next

Comments

• Options
    aricaraiaricarai Posts: 8,984 Member
    Neia wrote: »
    aricarai wrote: »
    @aricarai
    Because it's gaining momemtum, because they are gamers or passionate about life simulations, or they want to stay up to date about the subject or they see all the people talking about it ? Dozens of reasons really, they also commented on other life simulation rumors, they regularly comment about other game genres too. What differs with Vie is that it sounds so amateur/hoax like, and they have directly boasted on Sims community boards, so I'm not surprised the devs are a bit more suspicious this time around. When the rumor was about a life simulation from a credible developper, they were more excited/curious.

Okay, then if that's the case and that's what you think, it comes back to what @To7m said about professionalism. I still don't see the point in his tweet. If you're excited/curious about a credible developer, snark, sarcasm, or sinking low isn't the way to show it.

But Vie isn't made by a credible developper :/

So you're saying that just because Vie isn't made by a credible developer that EA and the gurus shouldn't maintain professionalism. Right gotcha!
  • Options
    NeiaNeia Posts: 4,190 Member
    @aricarai
    Because it's gaining momemtum, because they are gamers or passionate about life simulations, or they want to stay up to date about the subject or they see all the people talking about it ? Dozens of reasons really, they also commented on other life simulation rumors, they regularly comment about other game genres too. What differs with Vie is that it sounds so amateur/hoax like, and they have directly boasted on Sims community boards, so I'm not surprised the devs are a bit more suspicious this time around. When the rumor was about a life simulation from a credible developper, they were more excited/curious.

Okay, then if that's the case and that's what you think, it comes back to what @To7m said about professionalism. I still don't see the point in his tweet. If you're excited/curious about a credible developer, snark, sarcasm, or sinking low isn't the way to show it.

So you're saying that just because Vie isn't made by a credible developer that EA and the gurus shouldn't maintain professionalism. Right gotcha!

I think showing doubt when presented fishy facts from the Internet without any credible source is professionalism actually. Have you read what they had posted about Vie or have you just read the news reports about it ? You may not find all now, I think some of it got deleted when their reddit account was banned.
  • Options
    aricaraiaricarai Posts: 8,984 Member
    @aricarai

I think showing doubt when presented fishy facts from the Internet without any credible source is professionalism actually. Have you read what they had posted about Vie or have you just read the news reports about it ? You may not find all now, I think some of it got deleted when their reddit account was banned.

I'm pretty sure we're talking about two different things here. I was talking about Graham's tweet yesterday. That's it, nothing beyond that. You can't tell me that a sarcastic, snarky tweet is professional.

I don't really care about the validity or non-validity of Vie. Like I said, competition would be good and healthy for EA, and while I looked at the announcement of Vie and all other speculation surrounding it with interest, I wasn't hyped about it. There wasn't anything concrete to get hyped about.
  • Options
    OEII1001OEII1001 Posts: 3,682 Member
    @aricarai

To be fair, it would appear that Vie is not made by any developer.
  • Options
    TriplisTriplis Posts: 3,048 Member
    Totally get what you're saying @Triplis. Still brings me back to the point of, joke or not, why go low, why call attention to it?

One thing his tweet did do is get loads of Simmers talking about Project Vie again. It was just feeding the beast.

I was using at the expense of others in the idiomatic format, apologies there. I wasn't trying to imply that Graham goes around mocking people all the time because that would be childish.

I just think it's silly to be calling attention to something that's meant to be hoax or something they aren't threatened by.
    I see the discussion has gone beyond what we were discussing in particular. I will just reiterate what I said before: The guru system means they get to show their human side. That means we won't always like how they act. You are welcome to dislike something Graham said. But I think in this case, calling it unprofessional is a little beside the point... they are supposed to be able to get away with being a little unprofessional. That's part of the point of the guru system, in my view. Again, if they couldn't, they wouldn't be able to connect with us like human beings.
    Mods moved from MTS, now hosted at: https://triplis.github.io
  • Options
    OEII1001OEII1001 Posts: 3,682 Member
    I, for one, am all for hoaxes, myths, alternative facts and otherwise lies being shown contempt by any and all, regardless of station.
  • Options
    TheGoodOldGamerTheGoodOldGamer Posts: 3,559 Member
    A note on 'professionalism':

https://🐸🐸🐸🐸/status/842101944843960327
    Live, laugh and love. Life's too short not to.