Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Guess the "Wow" factor!

Comments

• Options
    stilljustme2stilljustme2 Posts: 25,082 Member
    I wish tomorrow was the 17th -- first reveal of the new Hearthstone expansion...
    Check out my Gallery! Origin ID: justme22
    Fun must be always -- Tomas Hertl (San Jose Sharks hockey player)
  • Options
    Simfan923Simfan923 Posts: 5,551 Member
    The way I see it, we'll know for sure if its real or fake tomorrow. If its real great and if its fake again no change because we know absolutely nothing about it so there's no need to get hyped.
    1FKDfKj.png
  • Options
    Marmalade27Marmalade27 Posts: 625 Member
    Wasn't Project Vie exposed as fake? I read the thread MadameButterfly posted about it.
  • Options
    TriplisTriplis Posts: 3,048 Member
    Wasn't Project Vie exposed as fake? I read the thread MadameButterfly posted about it.
    Yes. It would seem the only possibility of it being real is if MadameButterfly was lying, but they sounded pretty heartfelt when I read it.

http://modthesims.info/showthread.php?p=5160986#post5160986
    Mods moved from MTS, now hosted at: https://triplis.github.io
  • Options
    PrincessVeePrincessVee Posts: 1,787 Member

One person saying it's a fake does not mean it's fake. I've seen Project Vie's reddit profile and they have comments on there that go half a year back. They don't seem to be trolling or hate inducing comments. On the contrary, they seemed professional; and even a half a year ago they already said that they would announce their game sometime in march 2017 which they will.
    So even though, they may still turn out to be a hoax, I kind of want to believe that they're real. I just don't think anyone would go to such lengths just to troll people.
    Intel i7-6700HQ; nvidia gtx970m 3 gb; 1tb HHD and 256gb SSD; my drivers are always up to date.

• Options
    aricaraiaricarai Posts: 8,984 Member
    Sk8rblaze wrote: »
    Project Vie is probably fake, but that Tweet makes me want it to be so real. :lol:

Me too!

I know it only takes a second to tweet but I feel like gurus should have something better to tweet about than a game that they aren't threatened by...unless they are feeling threatened :lol:
  • Options
    Triplis wrote: »
    It's mean of Graham to act like this IMO.
    What if Project Vie is better than TS4, which is possible considering TS3 is already better than TS4.
    Well, setting aside the fact that the facts point to it being a hoax...

Ok, never mind, let's not set that aside. It's kind of the whole reason why there's reason to poke fun at it.

Edit: I'm not super enthusiastic about giving it attention though. If it's a hoax, then giving it any kind of attention at all is humoring trolling and giving more attention to lies.

I kind of get where @FreezerBunnyCowplant is coming from though.

Why give it attention? I thought gurus were meant to be professionals and poking fun at what someone said else has posted, hoax or not, seems a bit childish. I think there's bigger things to worry about...like where in the Sam Hill is the Community Engagement Guru?! Haha!

I'm still thinking it's EA in disguise announcing Sims 5 in development :wink:
  • Options
    aricarai wrote: »

Why give it attention? I thought gurus were meant to be professionals and poking fun at what someone said else has posted, hoax or not, seems a bit childish. I think there's bigger things to worry about...like where in the Sam Hill is the Community Engagement Guru?! Haha!

I can see where you're coming from, but I could just as easily see someone saying that the gurus are too stuffy and professional if they never made comments like that. Sims team members don't become gurus by choosing to be robots wearing suits. They put some of their humanity on their sleeve and engage with players on that level. That means sometimes people won't like what they say or do. And though it technically represents the company, they get away with the guru setup in the first place because these devs are able to express themselves with a little more personal flavor, without looking over their shoulder constantly. If they were all just mouthpieces with stamped and approved company lines, I think it would kind of defeat the point of what a simguru is.

I'm curious about where the Community Engagement Guru is too, but it's neither here nor there. I don't think that's really Graham's job to keep track of. You could try tweeting him and ask though. Maybe he can find out.
  • Options
    Yes. It would seem the only possibility of it being real is if MadameButterfly was lying, but they sounded pretty heartfelt when I read it.

http://modthesims.info/showthread.php?p=5160986#post5160986

MadameButterfly's post is genuine but if Project Vie is real; I don't think that automatically means we should assume she's lying. If it's real, I'd err on the side of a misinterpretation or a mistake.

The truth shall be revealed in 11 hours!
  • Options
    To7mTo7m Posts: 5,467 Member
    You know, as much as I doubt anything is going to happen, I really, really hope Project Vie is real just to wipe their smug smiles off their faces.

I'm ready for a new sims game. It's time. Maybe it'll make our beloved gurus buck up their ideas a bit.

--T
  • Options
    To7m wrote: »
    You know, as much as I doubt anything is going to happen, I really, really hope Project Vie is real just to wipe their smug smiles off their faces.

I'm ready for a new sims game. It's time. Maybe it'll make our beloved gurus buck up their ideas a bit.

--T

This. So much this.

I love a joke as much as the next person but when it's at the expense of someone else, I see that as going low. No need for it!
  • Options

I can see where you're coming from, but I could just as easily see someone saying that the gurus are too stuffy and professional if they never made comments like that. Sims team members don't become gurus by choosing to be robots wearing suits. They put some of their humanity on their sleeve and engage with players on that level. That means sometimes people won't like what they say or do. And though it technically represents the company, they get away with the guru setup in the first place because these devs are able to express themselves with a little more personal flavor, without looking over their shoulder constantly. If they were all just mouthpieces with stamped and approved company lines, I think it would kind of defeat the point of what a simguru is.

I'm curious about where the Community Engagement Guru is too, but it's neither here nor there. I don't think that's really Graham's job to keep track of. You could try tweeting him and ask though. Maybe he can find out.

@Triplis - totally agree. Don't want them to be suits or mouthpieces. You can still be professional and be fun.

Like I responded below, I'm all for a joke, but why at the expense of others?

About tweeting to the gurus or even trying to tag them on here, tried it. Can't get them for love nor money.
  • Options
    edited March 2017

--T

This. So much this.

I love a joke as much as the next person but when it's at the expense of someone else, I see that as going low. No need for it!

Me too. I dislike SGGraham anyway (various reasons) so him to be sitting on his perch saying basically 'told you so' plums me off more than I'd like. Lol.

Plus, I just really want this PV thing to be real. 99% of me knows it's probably not gonna happen but all I think about is the 1% that it just *might* lol. I need more. I like TS4 now, but it's not scratching the itch.

--T

ETA: typo
  • Options
    @Triplis - totally agree. Don't want them to be suits or mouthpieces. You can still be professional and be fun.

Like I responded below, I'm all for a joke, but why at the expense of others?

About tweeting to the gurus or even trying to tag them on here, tried it. Can't get them for love nor money.
    Well... it's not "at the expense of others" exactly. That makes it sound like Graham just goes around mocking people all the time. It's a joke directed at someone who would appear to be acting very childishly and lying to a lot of people. I don't think giving such a person attention does any good, but it's not as though such a person is some poor, innocent bystander who got in the way of a snarky remark. If said person is bold enough to lie to people on such a scale, they are, imo, putting themselves firmly in the position of "qualified for receiving some ribbing."

I'm not saying eye for an eye or anything like that, it's just... if you're going to screw with people like that, there are consequences and getting ribbed a little is not exactly on the list of earth-shattering meanness.

Maybe I'm reading something where there is nothing, but it seems like there's a bit of a bias against Graham going on here because of a desire to see an alternative sims project succeed. And if that's the case at all, I feel it's worth pointing out that there is an enormous difference between the sims getting a competitor and some person intentionally lying and misleading people for kicks. Let's not confuse the two and let's not put the blame on the sims team for not being all smiles toward someone who is acting dishonestly at their expense and screwing with their customers.
  • Options
    NeiaNeia Posts: 4,190 Member
    @Triplis
    Even assuming this isn't fake, there's a also an enormous difference between a direct competitor and a smaller budget game. So far they are apparently advertising themself as the former (and taunting the Sims), but have only shown that they are, at best, the latter.
  • Options
    Totally get what you're saying @Triplis. Still brings me back to the point of, joke or not, why go low, why call attention to it?

One thing his tweet did do is get loads of Simmers talking about Project Vie again. It was just feeding the beast.

I was using at the expense of others in the idiomatic format, apologies there. I wasn't trying to imply that Graham goes around mocking people all the time because that would be childish.

I just think it's silly to be calling attention to something that's meant to be hoax or something they aren't threatened by.
  • Options
    @aricarai
    Considering there have been people mentionning it as something serious for weeks, I think calling attention to it at the time where we're more likely to found out whether it's fake or not, is in fact rather logical.
  • Options
    Neia wrote: »
    @aricarai
    Considering there have been people mentionning it as something serious for weeks, I think calling attention to it at the time where we're more likely to found out whether it's fake or not, is in fact rather logical.

@Neia - fair enough but if it is in fact fake, I just see it as a 'don't feed the troll' situation. As @To7m said, it's nothing more than calling attention to themselves to say 'I told you so.'
  • Options
    @aricarai
    But other people are already feeding the troll anyway. So what's left ? Ignore it and have people still talk about it months later because they vaguely heard about it, or talk flat out about it and have as many people as possible aware of what it really is.
  • Options
    Jprp83Jprp83 Posts: 400 Member
    Don't know if it's just me but the project vie Twitter doesn't seem to even exist anymore lolz
  • Options
    edited March 2017

Jprp83 wrote: »
    Don't know if it's just me but the project vie Twitter doesn't seem to even exist anymore lolz

It's been changed to 🐸🐸🐸🐸 now.
    Neia wrote: »
    @aricarai
    But other people are already feeding the troll anyway. So what's left ? Ignore it and have people still talk about it months later because they vaguely heard about it, or talk flat out about it and have as many people as possible aware of what it really is.

@Neia - did you see the tweet? It was a snarky little sarcastic comment which for people that didn't know about ProjectVie asking what it was about and still speculating that it could be about The Sims. I'm all for talking for flat out and addressing issues, but that tweet was not about making people aware. It was taking a swipe at ProjectVie and I still don't see the purpose of it.

It caused confusion for many Simmers and for the people that knew what it meant, it just got them talking about it which brings me back to 'why feed the beast'? You say other people were doing it, but other people aren't gurus. C'mon, do I even need to go to the...'if everyone was jumping off a cliff...' saying?
  • Options
    Jprp83 wrote: »

No, it's there. Their last tweet was 10h ago.

--T
  • Options
    Fonxi121994Fonxi121994 Posts: 457 Member

One person saying it's a fake does not mean it's fake. I've seen Project Vie's reddit profile and they have comments on there that go half a year back. They don't seem to be trolling or hate inducing comments. On the contrary, they seemed professional; and even a half a year ago they already said that they would announce their game sometime in march 2017 which they will.
    So even though, they may still turn out to be a hoax, I kind of want to believe that they're real. I just don't think anyone would go to such lengths just to troll people.

THIS. I want it to be real, and one person saying it's a hoax does not prove it. We'll see today, I really hope it's real tbh...

The changes came slowly at first. Most didn't realize, or didn't care, and accepted them. They chose a comfortable life.
  • Options
    What I don't understand is why somebody would go through all this trouble, and possibly risk a law suit depending on where they are from, just to announce today it was a hoax!? I mean, are people really *that* lame? People like that don't get humour from me, just pity and disgust.

--T
  • Options
    What I don't understand is why somebody would go through all this trouble, and possibly risk a law suit depending on where they are from, just to announce today it was a hoax!? I mean, are people really *that* lame? People like that don't get humour from me, just pity and disgust.

--T

Sadly, people these days don't surprise me with the lengths they'll go to but it isn't funny in the least if it's a hoax. I mean it's not even the 1st of April. What purpose would it serve!