Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Does anyone play with retail?

I was wondering if anyone actually played with the retail system in Get to Work?

Comments

• Options
    dizzydee_kdizzydee_k Posts: 475 Member
    All the time. Once you get the hang of it, it's quite a bit of fun.
  • Options
    ActuallySammyActuallySammy Posts: 299 Member
    I do when i need it for my storyline otherwise no. But i do love making toilet stores lol.
    Origin id: ActuallySammy
    If you want to respond to me please make sure to @ me.
  • Options
    jimbbqjimbbq Posts: 2,734 Member
    GtW gameplay is repetitive in boring, both for active career and retail. I had such high hope for retail... shame
  • Options
    nicolethebowlnicolethebowl Posts: 121 Member
    I had a bakery once or twice but didn't enjoy clothing or other stores.
  • Options
    LaNyeupeLaNyeupe Posts: 9 New Member
    I've only really had bakeries. I'm not a huge fan of the retail part, honestly. It's fairly difficult to actually ring people up because of the missing lines and decorative cash register. I liked the Sims 2 version of retail much better.
  • Options
    DegrassiGenDegrassiGen Posts: 2,168 Member
    I do when i need it for my storyline otherwise no. But i do love making toilet stores lol.

I love toilet stores! I love it so much I made a toilet restaurant called "Flush Le Toilet" where toilets are put on display to appreciate the use of them with bathrooms that offer no privacy with wall to wall windows! Flush Le Toilet offers toilets outside as well for the windy behind feel...
  • Options
    Dayvon64Dayvon64 Posts: 493 Member
    I used it to make an Ice Cream Parlor. It worked nicely. Just get have to make ice cream and put a lot of bowls and cones for sale. So that way when you buy ice cream it will be replaced at some point. It's amazing for those parentxchild bonding moments.
  • Options
    WrenryWrenry Posts: 960 Member
    I use it when I'm bored of playing through the other jobs/careers.
  • Options
    pepperjax1230pepperjax1230 Posts: 7,953 Member
    jimbbq wrote: »
    GtW gameplay is repetitive in boring, both for active career and retail. I had such high hope for retail... shame
    Out of curiousity what were you expecting to do with the retail? Though it has flaws its way better then the store version we got in TS3.

tenor.gif?itemid=5228641
  • Options
    jimbbqjimbbq Posts: 2,734 Member
    I just want sims 2 style retail with shopping bag, queues, etc...

Never played ts3 retail so cant compare..
  • Options
    I just want sims 2 style retail with shopping bag, queues, etc...

Never played ts3 retail so cant compare..
    I miss that retail system I had this awesome fish store because my sims lived on a lot with a pond. :joy: You didn't miss anything it was the worst version of the retail system ever.

tenor.gif?itemid=5228641
  • Options
    marcel21marcel21 Posts: 12,341 Member
    edited March 2017
    I had a bakery once or twice but didn't enjoy clothing or other stores.

It always seemed to be they put more thought into the bakery content but not much of other stores

They did put some thought into the shop signs and decor to

Clothing's store and a gallery to sell photos

After that not much new.

OFB shops were better than retail ones for me.
    Origin ID MichaelUKingdon

• Options
    NeiaNeia Posts: 4,190 Member
    I use it often enough : I have a grocery store, an art gallery, a bakery and a clothes store. I'm planning on doing some others in the future, if it fits the Sims, perhaps a book store.
  • Options
    marcel21marcel21 Posts: 12,341 Member
    Yoko2112 wrote: »
    Out of curiousity what were you expecting to do with the retail? Though it has flaws its way better then the store version we got in TS3.

Yeah I'll give them that. I mean the store team probably tried their best with the tight budget they had but it was just not done well.
    Regardless, retail feels very much unfinished and a bit lifeless in TS4. I'm still of the opinion that trying to stuff so much ( 3 active careers, aliens and retail ) into one pack was a bad decision on their end. Giving each aspect the proper treatment would've made the whole experience a lot more enjoyable.

I kinda would've liked

1 EP with the 3 careers, but fully fleshed out ( detective street fights and more varying crime scenarios, severe sicknesses, more hospital realism, etc. )

1 GP with retail

1 GP with aliens and a fully explorable Sixam with alien architecture, home lots, alien objects, etc.

Agree with everything you said apart from retail being a game pack. It would have been worse than it is now and even smaller

A remake of OFB would have been better.

Origin ID MichaelUKingdon

• Options
    CinderellimouseCinderellimouse Posts: 19,380 Member
    I use it often. Also the flea market tables and gallery wall from GTW. I like retail in the game.
  • Options
    Maho-GamerMaho-Gamer Posts: 94 Member
    I do! I've opened a store where my author sells books, and her husband sells inventions. I also have another store where I sell baked goods! It makes getting rare items easier to obtain once they're set for sale in a store.
  • Options
    Maho-Gamer wrote: »
    I do! I've opened a store where my author sells books, and her husband sells inventions. I also have another store where I sell baked goods! It makes getting rare items easier to obtain once they're set for sale in a store.
    Now that sounds fun to sell things your sims made. Like their books and inventions.

tenor.gif?itemid=5228641
  • Options
    imhappyimhappy Posts: 1,988 Member
    Maho-Gamer wrote: »

That's a good idea! Can I chose which books to sell? Like only the ones my Sims write?
  • Options
    JasonRMJJasonRMJ Posts: 744 Member
    I'm still waiting for them to revamp it. Seriously why isn't there a waiting line?
    39829553185_e53f1e3e20_o_d.jpg

• Options
    Sha2520032003Sha2520032003 Posts: 2,258 Member
    I played with Retail quite a bit when GTW came out, but once I found that I couldn't move my family into a new home without losing my store's progress I quit playing that portion of the game. They really need to fix that actually now that I think about it, as with Restaurant's you can change lots with no problems.

In my current save, I decided to embark on Retail again (since my Sims are in a house that I plan on having them stay in). & I'm really enjoying it. I have two shops - an art gallery & a "bakery" that only sells ambrosia. I think I'm having fun because I haven't tried it for such a long time. It's one of those aspects of the game that are fun for a bit, & then gets boring. Just my two cents lol
  • Options
    ChadSims2ChadSims2 Posts: 5,090 Member
    Sadly no its so basic and repetitive which is sad since Sims 2 Open for Business is still my all time favorite expansion I could play it for hours and still would if I could get my computer to play it. If only they would make a retail game pack that would enhance it adding in more options like working cash registers, shopping bags, clothing racks, changing rooms, grocery store displays and make it a real experience.
    Sims 4 went from "You Rule" to "One of the stories we want you to tell"
  • Options
    NZsimm3rNZsimm3r Posts: 9,265 Member
    I play a retail shop about once or twice a rl year. My sims usually own it for about 2 sim days and then I've had enough of the boring repetitive game play and sell the lot. Then I wont play one again until I've forgotten how boring it is... and so the yearly cycle repeats itself.
    I have a bakery set up as an NPC run lot, sort of half retail half cafe where there are free samples of cupcakes and a GT coffee machine for my sims to help themselves to. It's ok for a date once in a while.

I've never bothered with a clothes shop as I just don't see the point when my sims can simply click on a set of drawers and have access to every outfit in the game.
    I'm a girl who likes to play with boys, what can I say... o:)

“Instead of putting players in the role of Luke Skywalker, or Frodo Baggins, I'd rather put them in the role of George Lucas.”Will Wright.