Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Staying interested for many generations?

2...Next

Comments

• Options
    Scribal_GoddessScribal_Goddess Posts: 748 Member
    I tend to fry my neighborhoods long before they get past 5 generations...
    Patron Goddess of Newbs and Ninnyhammers.
    TS2 Graphics Fix Tutorial]
  • Options
    WestGhostWestGhost Posts: 138 Member
    edited March 2017
    @Scribal_Goddess I bet you have a lot going on in your games for that to happen! I tend to be very loving to my sims, give them small families and quiet lives. That's probably why I have a hard time staying interested sometimes. The third generation of my legacy was getting boring so I decided to have my heiress turn into a vampire, abducted by aliens, and orphaned within the span of a few days. Tough decision, but it spiced it right back up. :D
  • Options
    Scribal_GoddessScribal_Goddess Posts: 748 Member
    WestGhost wrote: »
    @Scribal_Goddess I bet you have a lot going on in your games for that to happen! I tend to be very loving to my sims, give them small families and quiet lives. That's probably why I have a hard time staying interested sometimes. The third generation of my legacy was getting boring so I decided to have my heiress turn into a vampire, abducted by aliens, and orphaned within the span of a few days. Tough decision, but it spiced it right back up. :D

Well, the original legacy neighborhood fried because baby me didn't know how to properly make backups and patch. A few died due to having to reinstall the game to get it to work at all because something went very wrong, back before I had any troubleshooting experience. One died because I threw it out after a hack conflict, because I thought it was corrupted.

I lost a few neighborhoods switching computers, back when I didn't have a backup drive and wasn't very vigilant about backing stuff up. (Also, a shared house computer fried with most of my original neighborhoods because my brother is cursed and he downloaded half the free games on the internet to it... I'm three years wiser, it seems.) My most recent extensive-use neighborhood fried because I thought the Leader of the Wolves was safe to move in with a cheat. He isn't.

Other than that, it isn't until relatively recently that I learned about clean neighborhoods, etc. A bunch of neighborhoods that I made for fun or just building in college are still wandering around somewhere on an old hard drive, but I generally didn't get through too many seasons in those, or I made them to stage stuff for a story and don't consider them a proper neighborhood.

I'm really excited to be starting not only a new generation in my remade Riverblossom Hills (With all the kids and teens grown up and their parents about to elderify,) but a BACC where I intend to teach myself how to actually run businesses.

Yeah, partially I don't get past a generation or two because I don't have loads of time to spend playing, but also because I do stupid crud like move in head werewolves and mark a tombstone for sale. I'm also a nerd who tried to scale an aging mod so that a sim who got pregnant the first day of their adulthood wouldn't be an elder before their kid finished college. This means that it takes a bit more time to finish a generation, and then I usually get side tracked making a new house and inevitably do something stupid that breaks the neighborhood. Or I play a full year with my simself on aging off trying to max all the hobbies at once... you get the picture. :smiley:
    Patron Goddess of Newbs and Ninnyhammers.
    TS2 Graphics Fix Tutorial]
  • Options
    SataiDelennnSataiDelennn Posts: 1,265 Member
    Oh, I miss Shareware games, lol. You actually could get some Shareware games that were virus free, but yes, I know how you feel regarding the free Internet games available, lol.

If you want your adult to remain an adult while the kid graduates, why not just have him/her drink the Elixir of Life?
  • Options
    WestGhostWestGhost Posts: 138 Member
    edited March 2017
    @SataiDelennn That's what I would do, too. And yes, the internet is not the same for games as it used to be. :'(

So I finally finished my first TS2 legacy! (I got lazy and decided to use Plantsims at Generation 5.) Here is my copy-pasted family tree. Thanks everyone for giving me tips!
    sims2legacyfamilytree.png?ssl=1&w=450
  • Options
    EricasFreePlayEricasFreePlay Posts: 849 Member
    I never made it past Gen 2 because I couldn't find a spouse for the heir I wanted to continue the family name. I am trying again with a new version of my Sim self.
  • Options
    SataiDelennnSataiDelennn Posts: 1,265 Member
    I never made it past Gen 2 because I couldn't find a spouse for the heir I wanted to continue the family name. I am trying again with a new version of my Sim self.

Good luck!

• Options
    elanorbretonelanorbreton Posts: 14,549 Member
    I tend to not get very far with the gens in a normal game because I rotate around all the families in the hood. But I did play the Apocalypse Challenge once; I think I got to gen 8 and then got bored cos it was getting too easy. So close to finishing!
  • Options
    JSimmyJSimmy Posts: 51 Member
    Mines is kinda similar to others, I'm on third generation but I'm either gonna move game files or uninstall and start all over on my new computer . Haven't decided because I'm not sure which is easier haha