Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

TOO MUCH WHITE??!

I just found out you can't change the color of the ceilings and I am just too irritated by this. When will this get patched?
Random-gifs-random-18723411-368-312.gif

WHAT DID YOU JUST SAY?

Comments

• Options
    ToreshinboToreshinbo Posts: 561 Member
    Yes I'm pretty bummed by that too. For example an all brown wooden cabin... has a white ceiling... :worried:
    I hope it'll get patched too. Until then, we wait.
  • Options
    ElimarnaElimarna Posts: 1,484 Member
    I'm also hoping for this to come in a patch. I really loved being able to apply tiles to the ceiling in Sims 3 so it would look better and carry through the feel of the space.
  • Options
    lejoninnalejoninna Posts: 4,287 Member
    edited March 2017
    ya and they should patch in hollow roofs in the same patch so we can use the space under them. like in normal houses
  • Options
    pupshadow22pupshadow22 Posts: 43 Member
    yeah I avoid including the ceiling in photos. not a huge deal, but would be nice to be able to have nice looking ceilings.
  • Options
    PoKiTauru5PoKiTauru5 Posts: 105 Member
    Lol I thought this was gonna be some race rant at first.

Yes it would be cool to be able to change roof colors. I noticed how in Deligracy's vampire house it's so awkward how the house is all decayed and creepy, but the ceiling is all cheerful and clean.
  • Options
    gummybear0724gummybear0724 Posts: 1,146 Member
    I make a lot of tiny houses, so I do lofts a lot but the roof ceilings are a grey/white and I hate that! I want it to match the walls, or at least be somewhat customizable.
  • Options
    EmmaNijiEmmaNiji Posts: 102 Member
    I don't exactly look at the ceilings...ever.
  • Options
    CK213CK213 Posts: 20,529 Member
    Hee heeeee.... :D
    In my day we didn't even have ceilings.
    You looked up and all you saw was the furniture on the next floor. :#
    The%20Goths.png?width=1920&height=1080&fit=bounds
  • Options
    vvindows98vvindows98 Posts: 8 New Member
    aaa that's annoying :/ i noticed the white ceiling for the first time earlier, and now I can't unsee it. it'd be good to change the colours, at least?
  • Options
    PiperbirdPiperbird Posts: 4,161 Member
    lejoninna wrote: »
    ya and they should patch in hollow roofs in the same patch so we can use the space under them. like in normal houses

If you mean what I think you mean, you can. I do it all the time, especially in lofted areas. You remove the ceiling just like you would the floor, so your ceiling goes all the way up to the roof line.
    Visit me in the gallery! CC-free builds under origin name Piperbird!
    06-01-15_5-18nbspPM_zps8s8jcirw.png
  • Options
    HaskorentaroHaskorentaro Posts: 250 Member
    EmmaNiji wrote: »

Same never did for 6 years
    tumblr_n5aovvMXfM1rwvdy0o1_500.gif
  • Options
    AmySims09AmySims09 Posts: 1,227 Member
    I had no idea you could redo the ceiling. I can't see the ceiling and usually only redo the walls and floors.
  • Options
    edited March 2017
    Piperbird wrote: »

If you mean what I think you mean, you can. I do it all the time, especially in lofted areas. You remove the ceiling just like you would the floor, so your ceiling goes all the way up to the roof line.

no, so you could have a whole proper floor with slanted roofs
  • Options

great-room-floor-plans-with-vaulted-ceiling-484402.jpeg

Do you mean like this? Because if not, I don't know what you mean, then. Because you can do this.
  • Options
    SimmeringBreeSimmeringBree Posts: 266 Member
    This is one of those times when you never notice something and then you go crazy when you do, thank you.
  • Options

Do you mean like this? Because if not, I don't know what you mean, then. Because you can do this.

no, so we could have rooms/attics like this:

L3CARgP.jpg
  • Options

L3CARgP.jpg

OK, I gotcha. Having the ceiling start on a half wall. I also wish we could do this. Many upstairs rooms in New England houses are like this. I tried to build one of the houses I grew up in, but there was no way to make my bedroom like this.
  • Options
    king_of_simcity7king_of_simcity7 Posts: 25,102 Member
    This is why you need CASt :blush:
    Simbourne
    screenshot_original.jpg
  • Options
    WulfsimmerWulfsimmer Posts: 4,381 Member
    edited March 2017
    EmmaNiji wrote: »

None of us do...but when you want to take screenshots it bothers me. Also having mosiac tiles, colorful art, etc...on the roof would be beautiful to stare at :3 It just gives a vibe to the place.
    Post edited by Wulfsimmer on
    Random-gifs-random-18723411-368-312.gif

WHAT DID YOU JUST SAY?
  • Options
    EmmaVaneEmmaVane Posts: 7,847 Member
    edited March 2017

L3CARgP.jpg

OK, I gotcha. Having the ceiling start on a half wall. I also wish we could do this. Many upstairs rooms in New England houses are like this. I tried to build one of the houses I grew up in, but there was no way to make my bedroom like this.

You can to some extent, but it's not perfect because you have to fiddle with camera angles/roofs while playing and there is no way to recolour the underside of the roof. The inside wall of the roof is also tied to the colour outside.

bc813cc3b4.png
    c774ddca70.png
    c301e651c1.png
  • Options
    ZafireriaZafireria Posts: 3,640 Member
    edited March 2017
    I have never payed attention to the ceiling when I took pictures. It just didn't cross my mind, until one day where I was taking pictures in a penthouse and I was like "Huh something's wrong here" then I realised that there were no ceiling just a blue sky and they did have a roof! XD

Weren't we able to paint ceilings in Sims 3? I vaguely remember panning upwards with a paint brush.
  • Options
    ts1depotts1depot Posts: 1,438 Member
    Zafireria wrote: »
    I have never payed attention to the ceiling when I took pictures. It just didn't cross my mind, until one day where I was taking pictures in a penthouse and I was like "Huh something's wrong here" then I realised that there were no ceiling just a blue sky and they did have a roof! XD

Weren't we able to paint ceilings in Sims 3? I vaguely remember panning upwards with a paint brush.

Yes, but ceiling tiles didn't come until later. Can't remember when they were added, though.

EiFlric.png
  • Options
    TheGoodOldGamerTheGoodOldGamer Posts: 3,559 Member
    I don't think I've ever bothered manipulating the camera in such a way to even see the ceiling in the game, lol. I play top-down (sort of), not bottom-up. :D

Tbh, most ceilings irl aren't that interesting to look at anyway either, unless you're talking about rafters or something.
    Live, laugh and love. Life's too short not to.
  • Options
    MasonGamerMasonGamer Posts: 8,851 Member
    I'm always hitting tab and I prefer looking up

yeah it doesn't look right
    screen_shot_2017_03_06_at_10_34_17_am_by_mphattyboi-db1f5zx.png

I even Have a City Hall, Church, and Restaurant that needs the ceiling redone.
    Realm of Magic:

My Mood:

tumblr_nlbf3b0Jyb1qkheaxo5_250.gif
  • Options
    SimsLovinLycanSimsLovinLycan Posts: 1,910 Member
    Yes! That has been bugging me since TS4 came out! We need to be able to change the look of the ceilings. Plain white is like popcorn ceilings: it doesn't go with everything (Moved to a new place a while ago and most of the rooms have that effect applied to the ceilings. The former owners seem to have been obsessed with popcorn ceilings, the poor dears...)!
    There is a song I hear, a melody from the past...
    5MNZlGQ.gif
    When I woke for the first time, when I slept for the last.