Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

The Fussy Septuplet Toddler Challenge

JimG72JimG72 Posts: 1,161 Member
edited September 2017 in The Sims 3 Stories and Legacies
The challenge is intended to up the difficulty from the normal toddler challenge and create more chaos and hurdles to overcome. All of the toddlers must be exactly identical including the exact same outfits. This will make it harder to locate and manage the little rascals. Also, the toddlers all need to have the fussy trait....no angels or charmers to make life simpler on you, they will all be high maintenance and prone to throwing tantrums. The lot traits and caregiver traits will also be unfavorable as well to make things harder.

The goal is to get all 7 toddlers to the "child" life stage with fully maxed toddler skills and auto-aging turned on and the lifespan set to "long". The rules are:

-- Must have one caregiver and 7 identical toddlers (same hair color, hairstyles, eye color, etc.) who all have the fussy trait. Once you create the first toddler, you should use the create sibling/twin options from that toddler and fix the hairstyle (and eye color if buggy) to ensure they are all identical or save to library and create duplicates and merge them into the household
-- All toddlers must have the exact same outfits and only one outfit for each category
-- Lot traits for the house must be - Quake Zone, Filthy, and Cursed
-- Caregiver aspiration must be Outdoor Enthusiast (can substitute Bobybuilder or Mixologist) and traits must be Hot-Headed, Lazy, Squeamish (if you don't have access to Squeamish, you can substitute Hates Children)
-- No cheats, no extra money
-- No mods that alter gameplay such as needs, moods, etc.
-- No CC household objects/decorations that have any special ratings such as environment, comfort, etc.
-- Must spend at least $19,000 on house and lot
-- Can't sell off any objects or reduce house structure/materials if the sale/changes puts you over $500 in available funds after bills are paid
-- Toddlers cannot be controlled or directed to actions. You can only control the Caregiver. Full autonomy for unplayed sims, i.e. the toddlers. (However, if the toddler requests something from the nanny and the nanny glitches, you can re-submit the request from the toddler)
-- Caregiver can only work at-home careers (critic, social media and political career paths) and/or can make money from at home activities such as painting, writing, crafting, etc.
-- Caregiver cannot leave the lot....no putting the toddlers in daycare or leaving them alone with a nanny
-- The door to the caregiver's bedroom cannot be locked or removed to prevent crying toddlers from waking up the caregiver. No removal of doors or use of temporary walls to manipulate gameplay
-- No butler permitted but you can use nannies and maids, assuming you can afford them
-- Must have a positive relationship meter with all 7 toddlers when they age up.....as tempting as it is to yell at and scold these fussy brats repeatedly

By undertaking this challenge, you expressly agree to assume the risks of insanity, loss of hair, nervous ticks/twitches, high blood pressure, smashed monitors and/or computer equipment and any other physical injury, emotional distress, pain and suffering or property damage that may result from attempting said challenge.

Post edited by JimG72 on

Comments

• Options
    Here's my household for the challenge: Shannon Hawthorne and her fussy septuplet daughters - Katie, Kelsey, Kimmy, Kayla, Kacey, Keira and Kinsey
    QWS3Gpb.jpg
    TTfcbpt.jpg

Here's their house. I have $445 left in funds to start.

oX9dbc5.jpg

Here's the family first arriving at the house and ready to start the challenge. This looks bonkers already. I've got a bad feeling about this, haha.

4l9LGOV.jpg

If I don't post any updates on this, then it's probably because I'm being held somewhere for psychiatric evaluation, lol.

• Options
    soccer_emmysoccer_emmy Posts: 114 Member
    Lol! This challenge is awesome!
  • Options
    By 1:00 PM on Day 1, the dollhouse had already been destroyed...the nanny kept repairing it and the kids kept smashing it. So I sold it for much needed funds....been hovering around $200 in funds through the first 4 days. Everyone was okay on Day 1, but by Day 2 it's been all angry and sad toddlers non-stop.....fits, tantrums, yelling at each other, yelling at the nanny, waking each other up by crying....toddlers who are hungry and filthy can't get fed or bathed before they pass out from exhaustion because they spend so much time throwing tantrums and yelling at each other, that they ignore their other needs. The house (and the yard) has been littered with passed out toddlers, lol.
  • Options
    CairieeCairiee Posts: 19 Member
    this is awsome! setting it up right now!
  • Options
    CairieeCairiee Posts: 19 Member
    at the end of week 1 poor Kacie finally found a system to caring for her 7 fussy toddlers. she had meals made ahead of time in the fridge, and would spend most of the day bringing toddlers to their pottys or the tub before sneaking off for some tv and some sleep. the toddlers skill stats are:
    Adrian:.....Com.5 Imag.3 Move.3 Potty 3 Think. 3
    Benjamin:.Com.4 Imag.4 Move.3 Potty 3 Think. 3
    Carter:......Com.4 Imag.2 Move.4 Potty 2 Think. 3
    Daniel:.....Com.5 Imag.3 Move.3 Potty 2 Think. 3
    Eric:.........Com.4 Imag.3 Move.3 Potty 2 Think. 2
    Frank:......Com.5 Imag.4 Move.3 Potty 2 Think. 3
    Gregory:..Com.5 Imag.4 Move.3 Potty 2 Think. 2

the house is a mess. dirty dishes are everywhere, the dollhouse is broken again, toys are scattered, and there is a smelly trash pile in the play room. A maid arives in an hour, I almost feel bad for them.

I found that spending money on a good bed for the parent is a must, who has time for a long sleep? I also splurged on an unbreakable toilet
  • Options
    edited March 2017
    Nice work! I think survival is the key for week 1.....once you can get those potty training ratings up, that's a major help. I originally had "gremlins" as a lot trait for this challenge but when every single piece of electronics and all plumbing and appliances broke on the first night, I realized that was going to make things almost impossible. With very little available funds, couldn't replace stuff and not enough money to pay for repairs and no time to repair everything manually. If that was going to happen every night that would just make things absurdly difficult. So that set me back a little bit to start and a kitchen fire didn't help either. I could afford to replace the oven with the cheapest one but not the other counter so I still have a burnt up counter, lol.
  • Options
    edited March 2017
    Some pictures...these are pretty hilarious. The first two almost look like some sort of time lapse photo, haha:

SEr1pDU.jpg
    PQU8nlA.jpg

Story time to get attention ratings up for all before the chaos ensued:

2TYTOKg.jpg

The first meeting of The Grilled Cheese Munchkin Roundtable:

b8Hgy0C.jpg

Play time was going well on Day 1:

XfqV8RF.jpg

But then the dollhouse didn't survive the first few hours on Day 1....it was demolished by 1 PM that first day and the waterworks ensued:

ZcHk1b7.jpg

Everyone asleep in their beds on the first evening....that would be the last time for anything so peaceful looking in terms of sleep:

zYahUla.jpg

This became more the norm...let's all run right past the lazy nanny and wake up mom!

AWhbe7U.jpg

Who needs an alarm clock when you've got fussy septuplets, lol

18OFrXq.jpg

If you don't spend so much time throwing tantrums and running around like a maniac, then maybe you have enough energy to make it to your bed....just sayin

B0ksAcQ.jpg

Post edited by JimG72 on
  • Options
    I've never had so many useless nannies.....5-6 different nannies now that just stand around, talk to the kids or pick up books. Would be great if they would give them some food or bathe them.
  • Options
    edited March 2017
    6 out of 7 toddlers were asleep.....mom's energy was very low. The only toddler awake was Katie, who is the biggest brat of the whole fussy bunch. She yells at all the other toddlers, yells at the nannies....even ran out the door and hit a passing stranger out of the blue. So I figure I'll read her to sleep....all her needs were in the green but this way mom can get some rest. She just had an endless parade of toddlers coming in to wake her up so she's been exhausted. She was just about finished reading Katie to sleep when mom ran out of energy, walked all the way outside to pass out...and Katie started crying (all her needs are in the green so there's no need for her to be crying) and woke up the other 6 toddlers.......uggghhhh

TlItHDB.jpg

And then tried to have mom cook a meal before heading to bed....6 of the 7 toddlers were back asleep....andddddd another kitchen fire woke everyone up again, lmao

This is trouble....mom put out the fire on the stove....of course one of the toddlers was asking to be put in a high chair while the fire was going on (nice bug).....but then a spark ignited on the floor and she passed out trying to extinguish. 4 of the toddlers are outside crying with one of the former nannies who had stopped by for a visit.....nice of her to run outside and leave all the toddlers in the house....no wonder why I fired her as a nanny. 2 other toddlers are crying nearby the kitchen, watching the blaze grow. 1 last toddler has been sitting in bed the whole time. Wonder if mom will wake up from her exhaustion in time....

mNbjot8.jpg
  • Options
    gummybear0724gummybear0724 Posts: 1,146 Member
    You have some major bravery, I'll give you that! I fared okay (by okay I mean only 2 or 3 need cheats per day) so pretty awful in the 7 toddler challenge. I do feel much more confident in my ability to parent one toddler in the game though. I much preferred Sims 3 toddlers. And I thought those were hard...
  • Options
    joyfulsimmerjoyfulsimmer Posts: 50 Member
    This challenge is so interesting! I am following :)
  • Options
    edited March 2017
    Well, the bookcase also burnt down. On the regular toddler challenge, you're able to use energy potions with reward points. With the Outdoor aspiration here, it's hard to get enough points to buy even 1 energy potion. Luckily, I sold off some books before the fire ruined them all. I've sold off all but 2 toys and sold off the toy box. Hanging on by a thread. Starting this off with the gremlins lot trait which broke everything on the first night and then the 2 fires have really set me back. I've never yelled at my computer screen so much, lol. 5-6 worthless nannies who won't do anything...they really need to figure out how to set up sims to prioritize when it comes to toddlers...if 3 toddlers are asking for something at basically the same time, then the nanny won't do anything because it can't figure out who to choose between. Mom is 2 feet from her bed but walks all the way outside to the side yard to pass out. Mom stands hung up for 20 minutes (in sim time) in the bathroom while toddlers are asking her for things so she passes out in the bathroom when there was easily enough time to get her to her bed.

These fussy little plums constantly wake up mom when she's sleeping, even if they don't need anything. Kayla is in a "playful" mood and has all her needs in the green, but she has now run into mom's bedroom 3 times in the last hour to cry and wake her up for no reason and then she runs off to do something else, lol. Mom tells her to go away and goes back to sleep and Kayla just stands there, waits for her to fall back asleep and then wakes her again and then laughs about it and asks exhausted mom to play, lmao. Not being able to lock or remove the door to mom's bedroom is making it really difficult to get her any sleep. They also like to go straight from a bath to playing in the toilet, lol. This is definitely a one and done challenge, haha.
    Post edited by JimG72 on
  • Options
    edited March 2017
    Four of the little brats decided to have a pow wow outside on the front lawn at 6 AM. Mom didn't mind though as it meant more sleep for her.

IKZ79A9.jpg

The one who is fully potty trained....and therefore should stay the cleanest...decided to play in the garbage and then play in a dirty toilet

IRsPp6f.jpg

• Options
    Oh, the joys of the cursed lot trait......fire #3....mom set herself on fire making mac and cheese

OI1o9ME.jpg

The toddlers all come to check out the commotion and find mom covered in soot after she put out herself out.....the oven and one counter were casualties

3Ubo8Ax.jpg

More sparks ignited though and 6 of the toddlers ran outside....they all sob together on the front lawn...not sure if their house will burn down

Ot5wOgA.jpg

Only Kelsey stayed with mom until the fire was completely out....maybe not her best idea

R0JxEgw.jpg

Funds are very tight....the house had to be compacted down by a significant amount just to stay afloat....after having to fire the last worthless nanny twice, they sent this putz who also just stands around talking to the kids and leaving half cooked meals on the counter

vIIgCJg.jpg

Quarters are tight in the play area and options for fun are limited but the rugrats seem to enjoy it anyway

Bqn01sO.jpg

• Options
    edited March 2017
    19 sim days into the toddler stage, 9 days left until age up. Man, these fussy ones sure are brats. Mom hasn't built up much of a relationship with her daughters but only one, Kacey, is "disliked". Kacey loves to hit her sisters, play in the garbage, play in the toilet, etc. so their relationship is in the red due to all the lectures and scolding. The other 6 toddlers are asleep and Kacey is the only 1 awake. Her mood is "happy" and all her needs are well into the green. She comes running out of the bedroom, immediately hits Blarffy for no reason (poor Blarffy has had the stuffing beat out of him by this family, lol) and then she wanders into mom's bedroom, cries to wake her up and then immediately runs off to play with the tablet because she didn't need anything. She was happy and fine and just wanted to interrupt one of the brief occasions where mom had a chance to get some sleep. What a brat! Haha.
  • Options
    AntoniaBaybeeAntoniaBaybee Posts: 160 Member
    This is an awesome challenge. Although, I'm not sure I have the patience for it, I can barely deal with 1 angelic toddler, let alone 7 fussy ones haha
    Antonia Louise <3
  • Options
    This is an awesome challenge. Although, I'm not sure I have the patience for it, I can barely deal with 1 angelic toddler, let alone 7 fussy ones haha

It's definitely a HUGE test of patience....and sanity, lol.
  • Options
    Shannon's only joy in life is beating up Blarffy.....that poor bear gets beat up constantly. I expect a knock on the Hawthorne's door from PETA any day now:

cPBrW8u.jpg

When there's limited seating, sitting on the front lawn is a perfectly acceptable place to enjoy your morning cereal:

r3oHEBM.jpg

One of the many lazy ex-nannies stops by for a visit and gets greeted at the door by a tot:

x1U3vbY.jpg

The most recent useless nanny set the kitchen on fire (AGAIN....darn that cursed lot trait) while Shannon tried to get some sleep:

SpTx3YR.jpg

He grabbed one toddler and bolted....leaving Shannon to deal with the fire and the other 6 kids:

hK7slH0.jpg

The others found their own way out and cry over the house being on fire for the 5th time:

bU5esem.jpg

Kelsey is the only 1 who stayed behind with mom.....again. I'm not sure if Kelsey is brave, helpful, supportive or she just likes to watch things burn:

qiGs1xa.jpg

The nanny was promptly fired and a meal had to placed out from the fridge so the hungry rugrats could eat since the nanny had an epic failure in preparing a meal and practically burned the house down. The nanny decided to finish out his shift anyway and sat down and helped himself to some food while admiring his handywork:

QcrBeQp.jpg

• Options
    Eddie SimsEddie Sims Posts: 121 Member
    @JimG72 I think I'm going to attempt this challenge. Fussy toddlers are the worst but I think their whiny cries are so adorable to hear. *Cue evil laugh*
    The Sloane Legacy |Eddie's Sims World | Origin ID: EddieSims4 | Twitter: _EddieSims | Follow me on YouTube

gen1-7-resized-2.jpg
  • Options
    edited March 2017
    A rare moment of sibling harmony:

e4ym9Vt.jpg

Kacey: "Mom, get up and pay attention to us! Quit being lazy!". Keira: "I think we broke her." Katie: "Maybe there's someone outside who can pay attention to us."

aHW3p9a.jpg

Katie: "My mom is sleeping and not paying attention to me! You need to pay attention to me!"

FiJDqOE.jpg

A rare moment of peaceful bliss....cooking in the burnt up kitchen while the 7 spawn sleep and the kids radio station blares in the background...ahhhh, living the dream

v75aMQU.jpg

When you have fussy septuplets, you let them wander anywhere they want on the lot at 3 AM if it means you get a few minutes of sleep:

Zsd4sOp.jpg

"Weren't you the nanny who almost burned our house down? I wouldn't go in there if I were you....my mom is pretty mad at you."

CzZhlRc.jpg

poor Blarffy gets hit:

0N6j6Xb.jpg

and hit again:

hvmpBtQ.jpg

and again:

HEQQyMD.jpg

sure, why not hit him again:

oEL1FnX.jpg

and one more for good measure in case he didn't learn his lesson:

INwC3KM.jpg

It's comical how much these kids hit poor Blarffy. He gets hit repeatedly by every one these fussy brats all day long. I just woke up? Think I'll go hit Blarffy. Just finished on the potty? Ate my lunch and put my plate down? Done with my bath? The dancing is over? Bored with wandering around outside? All perfectly good reasons to hit Blarffy! I'm sad....I should hit Blarffy. I'm angry...I should hit Blarffy. I'm happy....I should hit Blarffy anyway. I feel perfectly fine and don't have a care in the world....I should hit Blarffy, why not. I just hugged Blarffy....that was too nice....guess I should hit him now! At least they are hitting Blarffy and not hitting each other any more....for the most part.

• Options
    edited March 2017
    Ok, these fussy little plums are just messing with me now!! LOL Everyone is in either happy or fine moods. 6 of them are all playing together while 1 sleeps. Needs are all into the green. Shannon is trying to get some sleep while they are all entertaining each other. Every single toddler has maxed out skills now. We've got 5 days left out of the 28 day aging process (long setting). I figured we'll just coast now and Shannon can get her energy recharged. Then, the dreaded unlocked bedroom door rule came back into play. I can't believe what these brats did, haha. These pictures are chronologically left to right top row and then bottom row.

M9Swquj.jpg

Kimmy is in a happy mood....comes running in to wake up mom for no reason....and just smiles at her

4X1eJJF.jpg

As soon as mom is awake, Kimmy races out of the room because she didn't really need anything and she goes and hugs Blarffy and then heads right back to mom's room!

uiNDPKq.jpg

The little brat wakes up mom again and then runs out of the room again as soon as mom is awake

HYsJ3rX.jpg

As soon as Kimmy leaves, here comes Kelsey to wake up mom...as mom is getting out of bed, Kacey waddles into the room to try to wake up mom as well

zAXY83J.jpg

Kacey doesn't cry...she leaves because someone else already woke up mom. Mom falls back asleep right as Kacey runs out of the room. Kelsey hangs out in mom's room. As soon as mom falls back asleep, here comes Kinsey to cry and wake up mom

ai9Q9iH.jpg

Now Kelsey is crying too after quietly hanging out in the room...Kelsey and Kinsey stop crying and start to chat and here comes Katie into mom's room.....Katie starts crying and wakes up mom.

5 different brats parading in and out of mom's room, one right after the other, for absolutely no reason but to wake up mom without any actual need to do so. BRATS! Hahahaha.....these little munchkins are totally messing with me right now. They are all in "playful" moods now...they think this is a game they are playing, lol. I had to check who was who and write down their names for each "visit" to the room to keep track of this chaos that was ensuing.....so hysterical how these fussy little snots behave, haha.

Post edited by JimG72 on
  • Options
    faerydreams13faerydreams13 Posts: 94 Member
    I am cracking up reading this! I might have to give it a go. The 7 toddler challenge was pretty easy. Lol The challenge would be nice... er not.. but entertaining at least? Hahaha
    Currently Playing:
    The Chudwell Legacy: The Third Generation, featuring Cassie Chudwell.
    The Prism Legacy: A Not So Berry Challenge, featuring Patina Prism
  • Options
    edited March 2017
    These little freaking brats....I waited them out until they got tired...refused to give in to them, lol. Katie came back in and woke up mom and then ran off. She came back in seconds later with Kacey and they both woke up mom and then they raced off to bed. As soon as they left, Kelsey ran in and woke up mom and then raced off to bed. Only 1 left, the other 6 are sleeping. Then, Kacey, the last one awake, runs all the way over to her bed, sits in it for a second and then runs all the way back to mom's room to wake her up. I kept stacking the sleep directives for mom so she wouldn't wake up. KACEY CRIED 6 STRAIGHT TIMES TRYING TO WAKE UP MOM! It wasn't until I finally let mom wake up, that she stopped crying and immediately bolted back across the house as soon as mom got up and Kacey got right in her bed and went to sleep. I should return the favor and keep waking them up now, haha.
    I am cracking up reading this! I might have to give it a go. The 7 toddler challenge was pretty easy. Lol The challenge would be nice... er not.. but entertaining at least? Hahaha

It's definitely more challenging and certainly more entertaining....but prepare to have your patience tried, lol. With only a basic house and no money cheats, it's much harder to operate on a budget particularly when the toddlers are all so demanding of time. It's difficult to get any at-home job time, hard to get aspiration points with an Outdoor aspiration so no sleep potions. The lot traits really stick it to you as well....cursed lot has led to 5 kitchen fires....expensive to keep replacing stuff....haven't been able to replace the oven since the nanny destroyed it in the last fire so it's been all salads and BLTs, lol. That cursed traits gives the angry voodoo pain moodlet too and that alone is enough to set off the fussy toddlers. Right when they all get to sleep....bam....earthquake! Hard to keep track of who is who and who needs what when they all look alike too. It's definitely been an uphill battle.
  • Options
    edited March 2017
    Grrrrrrrr, 25 days in, 3 days left....only 2 are awake while mom sleeps. Kimmy gets mad because she got tired of playing with blocks (she was playing by herself, no one forced her to play with blocks) and so she hits Keira.

bWa40fW.jpg

Both toddlers start yelling at each other. One of the former useless nannies left himself in but he just stood there and got yelled at by both of them. Shannon had to get out of bed, scold them both and put them both to bed. It took multiple efforts (and had me yelling at the screen, lol) because of the glitchy toddler interactions where you get hung up in conversation with them and you get blocked from taking actions and they disappear from the queue, such as picking them up and putting them to bed and basically have to re-direct the actions. It gets pretty infuriating that a toddler can cancel out your sim's actions and caused much wasted time trying to re-do things over and over, especially the fussy toddles who will call out for help getting down from a simple chair and completely screw up your efforts to scold a misbehaving toddler or put one to bed.

So now 6 of the 7 are sleeping and Shannon is taking a bath while Kelsey reads the only book in the house (the bookcase burned up in a fire and was never replaced due to cost). She's reading the book in her bed because there's a shortage of seats....again due to cost. When, yep, you guessed it....Kelsey gets mad, sits down on the floor next to her bed (the closest one in the picture) and throws a temper tantrum and wakes up the other 6 toddlers because she's tired of reading (again, no one forced her to read).

ejzDTV5.jpg

3 more days until they age up...can't get here fast enough, lol
    Post edited by JimG72 on
  • Options
    fairydreamerfairydreamer Posts: 5 New Member
    omg! so frekking funny! This challenge certainly looks to be beyond challenging. but oh so funny to read!