Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Let's start discussing Witches

Comments

• Options
    Selena_SouleSelena_Soule Posts: 438 Member
    edited March 2017
    I just want witches to have another mode of transportation rather than just broom.. like portals.. teleportation ect.. so that if i want my character to act more like a sorcerer/sorceress there is an option for that instead of just the witchy broom riding.

like how vampires have 3 ways of transportation with bat form superspeed and mist...

witches could have levitation (like superspeed) broom (like bat) and portal/teleportation (like the mist form)

And of course being able to light stuff on fire is a must obviously lol.
  • Options
    DannydanboDannydanbo Posts: 18,057 Member
    I haven't read every post, so if this has been said, congrats, you're as smart as me. Witches could have broom woohoo in the air (like bat woohoo for vamps) where they have a couple of romantic actions like caress check and kiss gently, then they mount their brooms, fly into the air in circles until they form a small tornado of love, then disappear into it, love hearts appear and BAM!, there she goes.
  • Options
    PancakesandwichPancakesandwich Posts: 2,038 Member
    I just want witches to have another mode of transportation rather than just broom.. like portals.. teleportation ect.. so that if i want my character to act more like a sorcerer/sorceress there is an option for that instead of just the witchy broom riding.

like how vampires have 3 ways of transportation with bat form superspeed and mist...

witches could have levitation (like superspeed) broom (like bat) and portal/teleportation (like the mist form)

And of course being able to light stuff on fire is a must obviously lol.

Actually, the portal thing is giving me an idea: What if witches could build such a portal, which then allows them to summon a certain or random Sim? I could really imagine some of my witch Sims to go build such a thing, to catch random Sims off the universe for use in their experiments.

Light anything on fire? I hope so. Anything less wouldn't be enough :D
  • Options
    BlueR0seBlueR0se Posts: 1,595 Member
    I want witches to have different eyes similar to vampires. Also capes and hoods. Both the muted creepy kind and also ~bedazzle glitter bomb~ style.
  • Options
    CupcakeWitchCupcakeWitch Posts: 542 Member
    edited March 2017
    I'm just gonna quote myself and add to the discussion
    All the conversation on how "magic" sims should be.
    I think the devs will make a magic pack similar to vampires. Inspired by all forms of witch/wizard/sorcerer/Wiccan/etc media
    I can see some having references to Harry Potter, Merlin, Charmed, The Craft, etc, but we get to decide how our "witches" will be.
    That's why I loved the vampire pack, you can make your vampires be a certain way. Twilight fan? Have human like vampires and include the cracked face detail (too make them look like they've been in a fight). Love nosferatu? Make vampires look like him.

I think witches will be the same
    However, I hope they don't copy+paste all of the interactions from Vampire Pack. I don't mind similarities but I would like some diversity

I would love to see couldrons and brooms.
    I hope there's a way to tie in herbalism+gardening with potions like if you have Outdoor Retreat, you get certain potions available with the herbalism skill

With Pets EP, a familiar options.
    Or Basegame, we already have frogs so who knows
    If you have Vampires, have "plasma magic" available or without the Vampire Pack

I would like an alignment scale
    Like it determines which spells are for nuetral and evil witches fail at doing "good" spells, good witches cannot use magic that causes extreme harm (maybe some mischief but nothing crazy)
    But then have sims who can do both

Speaking of that, I don't want all witches/sorcerers to be able to use every single spell or whatever. Maybe one is better at mind control or another can only do potions and that sort of thing

Post edited by CupcakeWitch on
    tumblr_m5yfcmiKZM1r6uev5.gif

• Options
    MasonGamerMasonGamer Posts: 8,851 Member
    I'm just gonna quote myself and add to the discussion
    All the conversation on how "magic" sims should be.
    I think the devs will make a magic pack similar to vampires. Inspired by all forms of witch/wizard/sorcerer/Wiccan/etc media
    I can see some having references to Harry Potter, Merlin, Charmed, The Craft, etc, but we get to decide how our "witches" will be.
    That's why I loved the vampire pack, you can make your vampires be a certain way. Twilight fan? Have human like vampires and include the cracked face detail (too make them look like they've been in a fight). Love nosferatu? Make vampires look like him.

I think witches will be the same
    However, I hope they don't copy+paste all of the interactions from Vampire Pack. I don't mind similarities but I would like some diversity

I would love to see couldrons and brooms.
    I hope there's a way to tie in herbalism+gardening with potions like if you have Outdoor Retreat, you get certain potions available with the herbalism skill

With Pets EP, a familiar options.
    Or Basegame, we already have frogs so who knows
    If you have Vampires, have "plasma magic" available or without the Vampire Pack

I would like an alignment scale
    Like it determines which spells are for nuetral and evil witches fail at doing "good" spells, good witches cannot use magic that causes extreme harm (maybe some mischief but nothing crazy)
    But then have sims who can do both

Speaking of that, I don't want all witches/sorcerers to be able to use every single spell or whatever. Maybe one is better at mind control or another can only do potions and that sort of thing

Where Plasma magic = Blood Bending, I approve.

tumblr_m506nc8Ihj1qh75xeo2_250.gif

Which is why I promote an Interactive spell book, where the player could underline whatever spells they want their sim to know and Highlight what they want them to focus on most.
    Because the You're truly evil, when you know how to use Light/Good Magic for Evil intentions.
    Realm of Magic:

My Mood:

tumblr_nlbf3b0Jyb1qkheaxo5_250.gif
  • Options
    Simfan923Simfan923 Posts: 5,551 Member
    One thing I do hope that incorporate is having children sims practice magic as well. If anything they could have their own separate spells and charms or potions to use that's kid friendly. Basically do what they did in MM (favorite EP of all time). This was one thing I wish they'd done for TS2/3
    1FKDfKj.png
  • Options
    edited March 2017
    I just saw the local farmer fertilising the ground with his tractor, so this gave me a new idea: a "Fertilise" spell that makes plants grow instantly.

And another one: "Vegetable Invulnerability". When used on a plant (yes, including cowplants! This is the main reason for having this!) it makes that plant live forever. Even death-by-cowplant ghosts can't destroy it anymore. And cowplants won't die from their hunger ever again.
    But of course they can still GET hungry, so then they'll stick out their cake as usual. They just won't die from not being fed. Actually, that's making cowplants a perfect defensive system that just eats all people trying to enter the witch's tower.
  • Options
    HermitgirlHermitgirl Posts: 8,825 Member
    This has been a fun read.
    I'm hoping for a light and dark path for witches as well as a more neutral path also.
    I'd like grounding to the earth reflected somehow. Of course potions and new plants and items that could be used for brewing.. a lock of a sims hair or something like that. Someone mentioned toddler tears that sounds great to me.
    I'd like the ability through spells or potions to extend life or stop aging, transform a sim in various ways, fall in love - this should be maxed love and if the potion goes bad maybe the other way around. I'd also like death potions or spells. I don't think it's far fetched after vampires that they could include this with a few different potion types.
    I also hope they could link in herbalism into it some but I doubt that will happen.
    I love so many of the ideas here.

egTcBMc.png
  • Options
    I would love for kids to be able to do magic, but I don't think it will happen. They stayed away from child vampires, even child aliens are really just green kids and there are no kid ghosts. I think animations for kids is too much to add with the expansive animations for Teens, YAs, Adults and Elders, who all share the same animations because they are all basically the same size. Kids would have to be separately done and, I'm guessing, that's too much work, time and resources for just one stage of life. But I hope I'm wrong.
  • Options
    liliaethliliaeth Posts: 1,087 Member
    MasonGamer wrote: »
    Bronwin2 wrote: »
    Good v. Evil. We already have good and evil traits. Tie into those. Maybe having one of those traits would preclude using certain spells? A good vampire can't woohoo in a coffin for example so a good witch couldn't throw a fireball at another sim.

That, I might actually be able to agree with, Essentially making "Good" Sorcerers Pacifists... unable to use their magic to do harm, but what would be the equivalent for Sorcerers with the "Evil" trait? their Magic only Harms? they're not capable of casting any spell that has a good outcome.

Or maybe it just takes more energy to do a magical act that is opposed to their allignment.
    Like, evil sims could heal, but it will weaken them, while destroying things or causing discomfort comes easy to them. And the other way around for good sims.
  • Options
    DragonCat159DragonCat159 Posts: 1,896 Member
    Tempus Interruptus please!
    NNpYlHF.jpg
  • Options
    Bronwin2Bronwin2 Posts: 2,010 Member
    On the good v. evil thing. I think that the spells and potions should be neutral. They are what the are. How they are used is something else. Let aspirations and traits determine good and evil. You want a good witch, pick the good trait and say a "Do spells for good" aspiration. Vampires gave us three new aspirations. I really see Vampires as the template for witches. As they rank up they get new powers/spells with weaknesses.

Actually I would really like to see an occult creation kit so you could have a list of things you could put together to make what ever occult you want. Say you want a genie: you then select the powers to select from out of a list, the weaknesses out of a list. The idea is sort of like how you make a new club. Along with this maybe they could build an aspiration and trait builder into the game. The basic game seems to have a lot of flexibility built in so enable the player to assemble it in different combinations so the player can play it the way she wants.
  • Options
    I don't care if the spells are "good or evil" (although, if your witch turns a sim into a frog-sim I don't think that would be considered a good spell), I don't want my sim to be labeled Good or Evil.
  • Options
    Hey, I've just found another thread discussing witches already! It's older than this one, too. Just recently got more activity though while this place here never stopped.
    https://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/680765/witches-in-sims-4/p1

Just linking the two together :)
  • Options
    liliaeth wrote: »
    Good v. Evil. We already have good and evil traits. Tie into those. Maybe having one of those traits would preclude using certain spells? A good vampire can't woohoo in a coffin for example so a good witch couldn't throw a fireball at another sim.

That, I might actually be able to agree with, Essentially making "Good" Sorcerers Pacifists... unable to use their magic to do harm, but what would be the equivalent for Sorcerers with the "Evil" trait? their Magic only Harms? they're not capable of casting any spell that has a good outcome.

Or maybe it just takes more energy to do a magical act that is opposed to their allignment.
    Like, evil sims could heal, but it will weaken them, while destroying things or causing discomfort comes easy to them. And the other way around for good sims.

Hmmm, I don't think the Sorcerer should always pay the price, it should be the receiver of the Spell.

Like a Side Effect, If an Evil and Good Sim uses Dark Magic, the Price could be various, the victim could fall ill, a Life for a Life, or just not successful.
    where as an Evil, or Good Sim uses Light Magic the Sim won't fall ill and will heal quicker.
    Realm of Magic:

My Mood:

• Options
    CupcakeWitchCupcakeWitch Posts: 542 Member

Hmmm, I don't think the Sorcerer should always pay the price, it should be the receiver of the Spell.

Like a Side Effect, If an Evil and Good Sim uses Dark Magic, the Price could be various, the victim could fall ill, a Life for a Life, or just not successful.
    where as an Evil, or Good Sim uses Light Magic the Sim won't fall ill and will heal quicker.
    I like this.
    Also maybe using "dark magic", there is s chance that the spell might backfire.
    tumblr_m5yfcmiKZM1r6uev5.gif

• Options
    edited April 2017

I like this.
    Also maybe using "dark magic", there is s chance that the spell might backfire.

Well There would be a few Reasons why any spell should Backfire
    1) You're In the wrong Emotional State,
    Strongest Emotions (little to no chances of failure): Focused, Inspired, Energized, Confident
    Decent emotions: Happy and Fine
    Distraction Emotions(50/50 success rate): Playful, Flirty, Dazed
    Weaker Emotions (Weaker spells, low success rate): Sad, Tense, Uncomfortable, Embarrassed
    Worst Emotion (Strong, but Leaving great room for error, and Harm): Anger
    2) Low Energy - So rest up, woohoo (transfers one's energy into the other). Low needs in general could throw your sim off, but Magic is mainly connected to Energy.
    3) Experience with each spell on its own, As you learn and make use of certain spells, potions, curses, your sim will become better at casting them.
    4) Time = Experience they Kind of go hand in hand, Over time your magic in general will grow stronger, as you age and continue to use magic, it's like being an athlete, or a Performer. But the majority, needs practice. and should you make your sim "take a long Break" from using magic, you'll find your sims power will fade over time, So it is important to continue to exercise every ounce of your sim's magical ability.

So any one of those factors could aid in success, especially in a Magical Dual, Just because you might fancy yourself to be Great Master, Doesn't mean you'll always win. you could lose to your apprentice. if one of those factors is out of balance
    Realm of Magic:

My Mood:

• Options
    CeltiaChanCeltiaChan Posts: 36 Member
    All the ideas here are great. Want them all ingame!!
  • Options
    robyngravesrobyngraves Posts: 248 Member
    Maybe someone mentioned this, but what if witches had an alternate form (à la "The Witches") similar to vampires' "dark form"? This isn't a feature that I would want...it was more of a passing thought.
  • Options
    Mariefoxprice83Mariefoxprice83 Posts: 8,109 Member
    Totally on board for witches. I loved them in previous versions of the game. Duelling would be great to have back, as well as good/evil/neutral spells.
    Better to reign in Hell, than serve in Heaven.
  • Options
    AdiikAdiik Posts: 39 Member
    Watch Sabrina the teenage witch and Charmed. Combine it and you've got the best possible witches.
  • Options
    Adiik wrote: »
    Watch Sabrina the teenage witch and Charmed. Combine it and you've got the best possible witches.
    @Adiik Haven't watched Charmed, did watch Sabrina though. And still, I agree. The developers simply need to binge-watch both of these series and take notes :D
  • Options
    KlthfKlthf Posts: 230 Member
    Things I would like to see in a Witches Game Pack or however witches will be introduced into the game:

- warts as skin details (on the chin and nose)
    - different types of robes and witch hats
    - special abilities like flying a broom, turning sims into a frog, offer sims a poisonous apple, and teleporting
    - spells, jinxes and curses, that can be learned depending on skill level/witch level; spells should be categorized as good and evil, for example a fire extinguishing spell will be good and a put on fire spell will be evil, a revive from the dead spell is good and a death curse is evil, etc.
    - potion making, potions available being dependent on skill level/witch level; potions could effect emotions, needs or even life states; potions should also be categorized as good versus evil
    - a witch duel should be possible, with us being able to choose the spells, this could be a mini game that could fail or succeed, depending on witch level and spells chosen
    - a weakness of witches should be child stench (like the witches of Roald Dahl, where children reek according to the witches); which makes it difficult for witches to be around children and toddlers; children in turn might become tense around witches with this weakness
    - owls would be great too, as a way to send letters, they could even function as a mailbox; instead of the mailman delivering the post, the owl will fly away to get the post

There is probably more that I can't think of right now.
  • Options
    ldmarkoldmarko Posts: 5,487 Member
    I'd rather have witches (& fairies) than vampires.
    Gallery ID: LDM2

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top