Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Let's Talk Sim Inventories

keekee53keekee53 Posts: 4,328 Member
So I have been playing about a couple of weeks trying to narrow down my lag issues. I am pretty convinced my issues are from bloated Sim Inventories. I know this was an issue in the past and I am pretty sure it is my issue now.

I am a rotational player and sometimes when I rotate to the next household, I found like at least 20-25 metals in some of my Sims inventories. Maybe they were trying to see items while I was in another household, not sure. This is just the beginning. I have also found Sims with like 20 or more woodworking items, 20 or more wooden guitars(I noticed new ones getting created when they placed it back in their inventory), oh yeah a collection of frogs...LMAO I got an achievement from that one without even trying. None of my Sims are in clubs that would prompt them to do these things while I am rotating. At least I would understand if that was the case.

I am pretty sure I have about 30 or more households. Some with more than one Sim. Usually 1-2, Sims have a bloated inventory with these items. You do the math. That is going to KILL PERFORMANCE. Anyway, I would be grateful if the team could look further into these issues because I believe they are the main source of my lag problems. Please give us a delete all inventory button. One by one for 20+ items is a bit tedious when there should be no reason why this is happening.

Please help or please look into this @SimGuruNick

Thanks in advance. :)

Comments

• Options
    SimGuruNickSimGuruNick Posts: 384 SimGuru (retired)
    Thanks much for the tag! Would you be able to share a save file with me where you're experiencing these bloated inventories? Much appreciated!
  • Options
    StarWhispersStarWhispers Posts: 45 Member
    keekee53 wrote: »
    So I have been playing about a couple of weeks trying to narrow down my lag issues. I am pretty convinced my issues are from bloated Sim Inventories. I know this was an issue in the past and I am pretty sure it is my issue now.

I am a rotational player and sometimes when I rotate to the next household, I found like at least 20-25 metals in some of my Sims inventories. Maybe they were trying to see items while I was in another household, not sure. This is just the beginning. I have also found Sims with like 20 or more woodworking items, 20 or more wooden guitars(I noticed new ones getting created when they placed it back in their inventory), oh yeah a collection of frogs...LMAO I got an achievement from that one without even trying. None of my Sims are in clubs that would prompt them to do these things while I am rotating. At least I would understand if that was the case.

I am pretty sure I have about 30 or more households. Some with more than one Sim. Usually 1-2, Sims have a bloated inventory with these items. You do the math. That is going to KILL PERFORMANCE. Anyway, I would be grateful if the team could look further into these issues because I believe they are the main source of my lag problems. Please give us a delete all inventory button. One by one for 20+ items is a bit tedious when there should be no reason why this is happening.

Please help or please look into this @SimGuruNick

Thanks in advance. :)

Hmmm I wonder if that was causing me lag as well. I normally take the items out of the inventory and put them into that storage unti "The Ornate Beauty" unless my sims is going to use them for work.
  • Options
    egwarhammeregwarhammer Posts: 5,752 Member
    I would also like a Delete Stack button.

I am playing a scientist/herbalist who is into gardening, and of course, collecting... she has a TON of stuff. I have been putting some of it in the ornate crate, and on other sims in the household, but at one point I *still* had to split her off from the household and move her into another place for long enough to gut what she was carrying. The house wouldn't load with her in it, until after I did that, and moved her back in.

It's possible it was the one blank garden cutting she had that fouled things up. I hope that's pretty high on the fixit list, too.

If you want to see what any of your NPCs might be carrying but not wreck their jobs, roll a copy save and look at them there. Main save'll be fine. ;)
  • Options
    keekee53keekee53 Posts: 4,328 Member
    @SimGuruNick I sent a PM with my save file.

Hopefully I did it correctly, if not send instructions please :)

I noted the families I saw with the issues and thanks again for looking into this.