Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

OBS Studio Game Capture

Howdy,
I've been watching videos on setting up OBS. I went into Sims 3 to test the game; however, in full screen mode game capture is super dark (not black screen). In windowed mode, it works fine but I'd much rather use full screen.

Has anyone come across this or can advise on a solution? Anyone that uses OBS successfully in full screen mode care to share their settings?

TIA!

Comments

• Options
    ajaxpostajaxpost Posts: 4,200 Member
    Hi, I haven't actually tried recording in windowed mode (I just can't play it like that) but yes, I also use OBS and my TS3 videos are too dark. And, annoyingly, it is only TS3 that really has this problem. :(

What I have done is adjust the 'Gamma' in the Game Capture Properties window, now this is in 'Classic' OBS so I don't know how different this is in Studio but I guess there should be a similar feature somewhere:

tumblr_oczclqX8Nk1sgcmqgo6_1280.jpg

I could probably increase this a bit more but I've decided to keep it at 1.25, however, I still normally need to use the 'Lighten' option in my video editor to brighten it a little bit more so that I'm happier with it.

Basically, try to find a 'Gamma' setting in OBS and play with that, and if you have a way of changing the brightness or lighting in your video editor that could also help as well.

Hope that's useful. :)

• Options
    aricaraiaricarai Posts: 8,984 Member
    edited February 2017
    @ajaxpost - thank you m'dear! I don't think there's a gamma feature in the Studio version unfortunately.

I've searched and asked a few others that use it and windowed mode seems to be the answer (*shudders*). Guess it's something I'm just going to gave to get used to. :cry:

Edit: ooh there may be a way to add the gamma via a filter. I'll check it out tomorrow after work. Thank you for giving this a nudge!