Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Laptops

I want to apologize if this was already made because I'm pretty sure I'm not the only one that has thought of this. I was thinking that in sims 4 it would be nice to have the sims have laptops I liked that no matter where they went the laptop they could just pull out and use it sitting on the floor or at the dining table..those would be nice

Comments

• Options
    luthienrisingluthienrising Posts: 37,628 Member
    I'd love to have this so my Sims could go work in a cafe etc. And I'd love to see them animated to actually work on a lap, not just a table.
    EA CREATOR NETWORK MEMBER — Want to be notified of patches, new Broken Mods threads, and urgent Sims 4 news? Follow me at https://www.patreon.com/luthienrising.
  • Options
    asouthernwriterasouthernwriter Posts: 1,041 Member
    edited February 2017
    I agree. I use CC laptops just to have variety (I even have an area in some of my cafes to use them), but it's not the same. The only way I can see them coming is with some kind of school pack. I think CL was a wasted opportunity to implement them in, especially since we had the social media career.
  • Options
    lunapball32lunapball32 Posts: 98 Member
    with the new CL careers, this would be a great addition - then my sim could check in to a location, livestream for a bit and go to a new one and just spend the day getting so many folllowers!
  • Options
    azsimmer1azsimmer1 Posts: 492 Member
    I want to see more jobs like the CL careers but I definitely want to see laptops to help those jobs more..
  • Options
    TraarjoTraarjo Posts: 65 Member
    Yes, I miss them from TS3! My sims used to sit on a barstool at the counter and work, and it was so cute
  • Options
    simmisammisimmisammi Posts: 63 Member
    Maybe they would put laptops in if they did something similar to the sims 3 university life, or something more college related/themed. To me it would make a little more sense, but who knows if they will and when they will do it. Its a great idea, it would be really nice for a sim to do homework on it or an author to go to a cafe and work on their writing, but I think if anything it would most likely be involved in some kind of school pack.
  • Options
    TerraTerra Posts: 1,353 Member
    It is so odd that they don't have them in TS4 when they had them in TS3. Almost everyone I know has a laptop. Usually TS4 is hitting us over the head constantly with technology (smartphones) so it's strange that this one isn't in the game yet.
  • Options
    millerolsenmillerolsen Posts: 629 Member
    Because they didn't come with City Living I think they might come with University.
    moss

• Options
    asouthernwriterasouthernwriter Posts: 1,041 Member
    It would be very disappointing if they gave us a talking toilet and not decent laptops lol
  • Options
    kwanzaabotkwanzaabot Posts: 2,440 Member
    Terra wrote: »
    It is so odd that they don't have them in TS4 when they had them in TS3. Almost everyone I know has a laptop. Usually TS4 is hitting us over the head constantly with technology (smartphones) so it's strange that this one isn't in the game yet.

That could be it, actually.
    Around the time TS4 came out, laptops were going out of style, and companies like Microsoft were trying to push their tablets instead, which had optional keyboard attachments. Windows 10 was clearly designed as a tablet OS, although since then they've made efforts to recapture the PC and laptop audience.

Give it time. I could see them bringing back laptops at some point, as tablets aren't as big as they used to be. We quite possibly might see laptops in a University pack (sit in a lecture sometime, everyone has their MacBooks out).
    wJbomAo.png
  • Options
    crazycat_135crazycat_135 Posts: 1,349 Member
    Yes this would be great. Weird that it hasn't been implemented yet.