Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

My sim is a sleazy creep!

First, I'd like to say that Sims 4 is my favourite game to play. I play it practically every day, and I absolutely love 90% of it (don't take that too literally ... I'm bad at maths)

I rotate through about 30 households, and my favourite thing to do is get my sims out of the house and onto community lots.

But!

This is starting to really stress me out.

EVERY time I visit a community venue my LONER, married with children sim is there using his charming introduction and flirting his pants off with everything in sight.

When I rotate back to his household, I see that the whole town is practically in love with him! It makes me not want to play him anymore. I'm starting to HATE the bibblybobs out of him. I made him to want to be alone and into his ART, not other sim's love lives.

He's not the only one, but he just did it again in my game... and that's why I'm here writing this ... so frustrating!
PLEASE - give us a FAITHFUL/ LOYAL trait we can purchase with our whim points in the Rewards Store. Make it so that anyone with this trait rejects flirts from other sims not their partner, and DOES NOT INITIATE unfaithful acts when the game is in control of them. PLEASE.

The unflirty trait is useless to my sims I already play with. They already have their traits and I can't add to them. I really need something I can apply to any sim I want to be in a committed monogonous relationship.

This way, I can decide who's going to be unfaithful, and who isn't, instead of the game deciding for me.

While I'm at it, PLEASE let my gay sims be themselves. So often I see my gay sims flirting and falling in love with the opposite sex while I'm rotated away from them (out in community lots) and once again, I return to their household to see that they have love relationships with sims I wouldn't choose for them.

I have also returned to other households and have seen that my straight, married with kids are in love with the same sex.

We can choose things like whether our sims pee standing or sitting, but not who they are attracted to?

By the way, no I don't want to have to rely on mods.

Comments

• Options
    LykkeLeafLykkeLeaf Posts: 214 Member
    I 100% agree. Autonomous behaviors really need to be improved to actually match a sim's traits and personality because now it just seems completely random. My nice gay sim sometimes autonomously tries to flirt with the opposite sex and often initiates mean interactions on his own. Married Sims in the game almost behave no differently from single Sims, you can easily woohoo them.

This is one of the most requested changes for the game. While the Sims themselves are more lively in this iteration, they almost have no distinct personalities. You could create a crazy, an evil and a Good sim and they wouldn't behave much differently from each others.
  • Options
    klestrellaklestrella Posts: 440 Member
    I had a good laugh at "flirting his pants off with everything in sight." :lol:

I couldn't agree more! I can't stand how often my faithful, happily involved sims have cheated or just ruin their relationships with their spouses and children on their own. With the way they act, you'd swear they're a bunch of bunnies in endless Spring who hop from one to another every ten seconds. I've found that it's really a toss-up with the traits. You either get a sim who acts pretty much the way you want them to, or who act nothing the way their traits say they should. The number of times I've had to restart a save just to get a version of my Good sim who isn't mean to everyone in sight is astounding. Traits need an overhaul and an attraction + reputation system would be much appreciated. Also, I personally despise the way the Unflirty trait operates so I'd say you're not missing much by not adding it to your existing sims. I won't go on a rant about it, but I'll just say they act more like prudes who are almost incapable of displaying or tolerating any form of affection with anyone, rather than someone who's more difficult to romance and who's faithful to one person.

A faithful/loyal reward trait would be absolutely wonderful and I'd utilize it on almost all of my sims. :) I'd also like it if they fixed the fact that a sim still takes a huge relationship hit with their boyfriend/girlfriend or spouse if another sim flirts with them and they do reject it. That's never made sense to me. :confused: The relationship should only take a hit if the sim being flirted with accepts it, not if they shut it down.
  • Options
    anneloes740anneloes740 Posts: 171 Member
    PLEASE - give us a FAITHFUL/ LOYAL trait we can purchase with our whim points in the Rewards Store. Make it so that anyone with this trait rejects flirts from other sims not their partner, and DOES NOT INITIATE unfaithful acts when the game is in control of them. PLEASE.

I would really like to see something like this in the game cuz I have been having the same problem of playing with a different household only to return to a married sim that suddenly has made 3 new romantic relationships, like what?!

• Options
    SimalleyaileSimalleyaile Posts: 865 Member
    Thank you simmers for adding your own experiences to this thread. :)

The culprit begins with the CHARISMA skill. There's two romantic introductions - flirty and enchanting, and if a sim uses the enchanting introduction autonomously, the love birds relationship is given. This then makes way for more flirty interactions. Right now, all sims introductions are random.

I would like to make clear to the developers: I'm not asking to change or remove anything. I know there are many simmers who love the chaos and drama of how this is set up already, and I would hate for you to remove their fun. That wouldn't be fair to them. ADDING another option would solve the frustration to other players like myself who likes to play with a variety of characters, faithful and unfaithful.

That's why I think something we can purchase with our whim points is the best solution. Those who love returning to random relationships can still enjoy playing their game the way it is. Having to purachse a rewards trait - like the gym rat, that lets your sims have fun while working out - is player directed. It's sim specific. So if we want to play with a sleazy married creep who pounces on all that moves, we can! But then we can also rotate to our faithful sim who rejects all advances and only has the hots for their partner, be it a boyfriend/girlfriend, fiancee or spouse relationship.

I won't even mind if the FAITHFUL rewards trait is the most "expensive" trait to purchase. Right now, the most points is 4000.... If this became something you purchased in the rewards store, what how many points do you think it should cost?
  • Options
    ts1depotts1depot Posts: 1,438 Member
    I feel your pain, OP. I had an incident recently with a married couple where the wife was at a party and flirted with other men in full view of both the husband and daughter. On one hand, it was hilarious watching the husband lose his mind over the next day but on the other, it was a little depressing.

I also have the gay problem, too, where ironically, the one gay sim in the neighborhood is the one who is in budding romance with multiple sims of the opposite sex, lol.
    EiFlric.png
  • Options
    dreamprisonerdreamprisoner Posts: 1,221 Member
    edited February 2017
    I hate that.
    It doesn't happen to every sim, but two of mine are trouble makers.
    One, a fashion designer, Haas Vance. Kept romancing old, married women behind his wife's back, and then cried when he saw them kissing their husband. Naturally his wife left him, although I don't think he minded much.
    And the other, Guildias, asked his Nephew-in-law's wife out. When she said no, he started to stalk her, break into her house, play with her baby and watch her and her husband have woohoo. After his wife found out, she moved away with their son, although they're still married.
    02-19-17_2-04-43AM.png
    The faithful reward-trait is certainly needed.
  • Options
    AvaSims4080AvaSims4080 Posts: 810 Member
    I totally agree! I came away from my single Sim for a day to play with my new household, to find that they have 2 new romantic relationships with random women. It's so confusing because my Sim wouldn't do that if I was in control!
  • Options
    friendlysimmersfriendlysimmers Posts: 7,546 Member
    well in my case i have found a way to slove this problem its 1 by keeping my single sim single in my game and i have my sim avoid starting a relation with other sims but if i do decide to get my sim married i will be very picky on who she will chose and avoid other relationship with other sims
    If you went the sims5 to remain offline feel free to sign this petition http://chng.it/gtfHPhHK please note that it is also to keep the gallery

Repose en paix mamie tu va me manquer :

1923-2016 mamie :'(
  • Options
    CinebarCinebar Posts: 33,618 Member
    edited February 2017
    I agree with some of your points and requested a removal of the flirty introduction a few weeks back because my Sims do this autonomously. My Sim had no right to walk over to another guy who is married with kids who lives in the city in an apartment. A premaid. But my Sim went over and did a flirty introduction without my control. Leave the guy alone. He is married and has a child. You aren't even gay, stop it. I could have slapped my Sim if I had a big hand like in virtual families to make him learn, never do that again. I agree, if you want your Sim to be straight or gay, the first gender you make them flirt with, should be the only one they will flirt with from then on...never to switch if you didn't tell them to switch genders. Control matters. ETA: And please remove the fake love relationships hording up my relationship panels. My Sims haven't even been with these other Sims just stop it. Story progression is TS3 not TS4. Please.
    "Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.
  • Options
    I made a new sim tonight who wants to be a hacker, sent him to the Geek Con, and before I knew it - BAM, stupid Oversexed sim in a Llama Man suit used his enchanting introduction on him, and there they were "in love". This guy is not supposed to be gay. I've never made him flirt with anyone, and the guy that used his enchanting intro is married with kids, and supposed to be in love with her, so not supposed to be gay either. So I quit without saving.

Then started up game again and tried a different household. I took them to a restaurant, and there was another one of my married with kids sims ( a different one) getting his hot and heavy on with some single floosy. I went to manage households to switch to play him, to see what their relationship was, and their love bar was HALF FULL already! I'm not surprised, as I watched, every interaction between the two of them was romantic, flirting, blowing kisses to each other, and he had the flaming red heart icon going on full pelt. Ugh, Disgusted me. That sim in particlular is supposed to be a kind, caring, cheerful foodie, who loves his wife of twenty years and his three teenage kids. To have to watch him betray his family like that was actually quite hurtful. (I know, they're just pixels, but I get so attached to them! .... Time to back away again and just play PlanetCoaster and City Skylines - at least I don't get emotionally involved with those!)
  • Options
    HeyHeyyHeyHeyy Posts: 465 Member
    edited March 2017
    I agree. Many times when I switch through my households that I haven't played in a while, they hav a few different "lovebird" relationships even tho they're married. I don't like that. if I want my sim to b with multiple ppl, I like being able to control that myself.
    GALLERY: jdm14_xx
    LIKE my page on FACEBOOK. @jm.violetsims14

<3
  • Options
    CandydCandyd Posts: 1,261 Member
    I'd like a fix concerning that too, but honestly I don't think that Maxis will ever fix it. Because of the exact same issue in the Sims 3. They never fixed it.
    Same with nice sims using the rude introduction all the time. And nice sims behaving very badly in general. As horrible as it is, it isn't a bug, strictly speaking, so it would be a miracle if Maxis decided to finally take care of it. They'll leave the job to modders, one more time.
  • Options
    XxbloodprincexXXxbloodprincexX Posts: 66 Member
    I have to agree. It is irritating. One household in particular I hadn't played in a while, I saw the husband at a club I had sent my sim to, and he was flirting with Clara Bjergsen. Gosh, he was just letting her eat him up with compliments and flirts. It was so annoying watching him do that. So I switched to that household and god almighty, there were literally so many sims he had romance with, it was ridiculous. So after seeing that, I had them throw a party at a venue and one of the sims who I had invited had romance with him and flirted with him in front of his wife causing them to argue and divorce later on that night. That was a bad day. -.-

You can always ask to 'just be friends' with the sims you have romance with and that will take it away, but I feel you shouldn't to rely on doing this all the time.
  • Options
    Candyd wrote: »
    I'd like a fix concerning that too, but honestly I don't think that Maxis will ever fix it. Because of the exact same issue in the Sims 3. They never fixed it.
    Same with nice sims using the rude introduction all the time. And nice sims behaving very badly in general. As horrible as it is, it isn't a bug, strictly speaking, so it would be a miracle if Maxis decided to finally take care of it. They'll leave the job to modders, one more time.

I don't know if you play Sims 4 very often, but the developers are constantly working on the game, making tweaks and adding new content every month. I've seen in my own gameplay through the past 2 and a bit years, vast improvements on how traits work, how community lots are functioning better, the improvement to retail employees etc. We've just been given a new lot trait, because they listened to feedback about players wanting a special hangout for teens. Boom! There it is. For Free.

As players, all we can do is leave feedback, and hope it gets read. While there's no guarantee they'll address the issue, there's even less if we don't speak up. (I asked for toddlers to be able to play in the garden, and wow, they can! I was blown away by that.)

Sims 3 had an official Story Progression that was a specific feature to that game, and why it was never 'fixed'. If I thought this was a bug, I'd post about it in the bugs section. This is by design, and working exactly as intended. As you progress through the charisma skill you unlock abilities which sims will use autonomously. Including the various introductions. It's not a bug. It's a design feature. One that I'm NOT asking to be removed. Many players love the spontaneity it adds to their game, and it shouldn't be taken away from them.

What I'm asking for is some coding to be added that allows faithfulness when the game plays my sims. I've suggested a rewards trait (tied in with whims), and people are making other suggestions on other threads about faithfulness. I also want our sims sexual preferences to be reliable. Perhaps it will come in an attraction system that's not yet been released. The game is still in development. Content is being added constantly, behaviour is being tweaked all the time. To think everything is just going to be left up to modders is contrary to what's actually happening.
  • Options
    Tierra588Tierra588 Posts: 8 New Member
    These sims have a mind of their own. I was trying to hook my two sims Tarek, and Jammie up together. Their romantic bar was at 100%, and she was totally in love with him, but the feelings weren't mutual. He would always give her the cold shoulder, and become bored with her discussions. I thought that maybe he just wasn't the love type, until a couple of days later when I introduced him to my new Sim Kamia. Since he first met her, he's been happy and flirty non stop. She asked him was he single, and even though he's dating Jammie, he said yes. I checked his and Jamie's Romantic bar and it's still full. I tried to get Jammie to ask him to be her bf again just in case it was glitching, but it said that he's already her bf. Jammie became sad when she caught him cheating, but it had 0 effects on him. He only became sad when Kamia broke up with him. Now my two girl sims are heartbroken (and preggo). I'm trying to figure out how he was able to say that he was single when he wasn't. Like I said, these sims have a mind of their own, because my Sim really is glitching just to be with his new love Lamia, so I'm not going to stop their Love, lol.
  • Options
    AvaSims4080AvaSims4080 Posts: 810 Member
    I agree completely. It's so hard to have your typical family, when one of the parents roam the steets at night for somebody to embrace, when they should be at home with their newborn! It's so annoying, I'm guilty of deleting families that have multiple lovers calling or turning up at the house, since I didn't want that to happen in the first place.