Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

"Confess cheating" + your reputation

While playing my game the other day I was imagining my sim confess to cheating on him, but then remembered there is no option for this. You have to cheat in front of your sim for them to notice.

Also, Im not sure, if your sim is (for example) married and has kids, if you cheat in front of your kids, do they react strongly to that? I cant remember. But it would be interesting to have some sort of reputation and have friends and family follow your love interests.

Like for example once youve claimed someone as bf/gf, now if you flirt with another guy in front a best friend of yours, you'll get an embarrased moodlet from being exposed, things like that.

Id like this to be added, under the romantic section (or should it be under mean? Break up is under mean).
The Sims has currently lost its identity. Bring it back for TS5

FixedCoarseFawn-max-1mb.gif

Personality,depth,humor,consequences,lore,customization.

Comments

• Options
    ModerockerModerocker Posts: 159 Member
    This would be a wonderful addition. I would think maybe it would be under mean section. Maybe it would be cool if they gave the victim sim a choice to break up or forgive the cheater too!
    6unzx1t.gif
  • Options
    the_greenplumbobthe_greenplumbob Posts: 6,105 Member
    Say, if the best friend is in the household too, if they catch the other sim cheating, they have the option (probably under friendly) to "Grass [Sim] Up" to the partner.

If they are high enough in the mischievous skill, they called also spread rumours about another sim cheating, or grass their friend up to their partner for cheating even if they hadn't - this would likely cause either the couple to break up, or the friend to fall out with you... I just want more mean interactions to destroy relationships :lol:
  • Options
    v12creatorv12creator Posts: 3,626 Member
    I don't think kids give a dam*. My current family consists of one guy that has a daughter with each of the two adult girls in that live with him and he keeps hoping from one mother to other all the time, The daughters don't seem to care, they are friends with each other but dislike each other's mother, however that doesnt seem to be related.
    jr73Y.gif

• Options
    davina1221davina1221 Posts: 3,656 Member
    edited February 2017
    Moderocker wrote: »
    This would be a wonderful addition. I would think maybe it would be under mean section. Maybe it would be cool if they gave the victim sim a choice to break up or forgive the cheater too!

I like these ideas! :)

• Options
    taydevtaydev Posts: 912 Member
    edited February 2017
    I'm not exactly fond of the cheating/reputation system because I have a couple of sims I imagine to be polyamorous. I understand how cheating and rep is useful in some stories and relationships (I have monogamous sims as well), but I'd only back its return if we're also given an option to select what type of lover each of our sims are.
  • Options
    KiaraSims4ModsKiaraSims4Mods Posts: 2,782 Member
    It should be an option like in TS3. I also miss when family/friends would openly react to cheating.
  • Options
    taydevtaydev Posts: 912 Member
    edited February 2017
    It should be an option like in TS3. I also miss when family/friends would openly react to cheating.

I don't remember that as an option in TS3? I do remember having to gain enough LTP to acquire social traits that would wipe reputations clean, and there's a "no jealousy" trait, which never works (at least not in my game). Generally, I'm fine with the cheat/rep system, I just wish it didn't affect my polyamorous sims.
  • Options
    PancakesandwichPancakesandwich Posts: 2,038 Member
    I'd love to have a way to at least directly tell someone about something. I mean, Sims can already tell others about their pregnancy without having to let them see you give birth, so why not have a "confess cheating" as well?
    While playing my game the other day I was imagining my sim confess to cheating on him, but then remembered there is no option for this. You have to cheat in front of your sim for them to notice.

Also, Im not sure, if your sim is (for example) married and has kids, if you cheat in front of your kids, do they react strongly to that? I cant remember.

In The Sims 2, this could literally exterminate the relationship between the child and the cheating parent. At least with the extreme: Child caught mother woohoo with other guy.

Here in The Sims 4 however, it's just like any normal "came in while people woohoo", so they simply go outside of the room and get embarrassed. Or, in case it's not directly woohooing they stand their like it's normal.
  • Options
    BlueR0seBlueR0se Posts: 1,595 Member
    I think my main issue is that it considers it "cheating" even when you don't want it to be since you view them as polyamorous or trying to play it as so.

This addition would be ideal with monogamous/polyamarous distinction of some kind. Two mono sims will care about if the other is romantic with others, while two poly sims won't care. Or at least some further distinction between relationships. Like a "lover/romantic interest" may not be too picky about their SO sleeping around but if your in a committed bf/gf (or beyond) relationship they would be mad as hell.

Granted worse comes to worse, there would be mods that could fix it/allow options. But itd be nice if the game could feature some real distinction with relationships. I never understood the purpose of romantic interest vs committed relationship since they treated them more or less the same.

I'd really would rather the reputation system not return cause it made things super hard to play in Sims 3 for me. And if i remember right broke a reward trait or something. Also you couldn't get away with NOTHING.
  • Options
    applehartapplehart Posts: 83 Member
    I remember in Sims 3 though that my sim who was dating around (kissing and woohooing multiple sims) literally got booed by a crowd at a frat party. I was so upset. I felt so wronged on her behalf! She was just dating around and everybody shamed her.

Don't want to see that again. I think it's hard to implement a cheating reputation system because morality around that issue varies so much.
  • Options
    ShampuruShampuru Posts: 90 Member
    I would like to see some consequences for cheating and a few more ways to be caught rather than just doing it right in front of them.

The system in 3 was far from perfect however. Their SO would just non stop rage at them over it if you so much as flirted with another sim one time. I can see that happening with the jealous trait but overall it seemed a bit much.
  • Options
    fullspiralfullspiral Posts: 14,717 Member
    I hated the reputation system in sims 3. It was messed up bad. sims got notification that they were out of line for woohooing with their supernatural partner, etc. Nope. Do not want back. If my sim is not ready to settle down and wants to play they field, I don't need notification that they are a "bad" sim.
  • Options
    HermitgirlHermitgirl Posts: 8,825 Member
    I don't want a reputation type system implemented.. I have too much fun with the romance aspiration. If sims just "knew" automatically it would kill that aspiration for me totally. The idea for the confession is good though. I'd rather it be left for the committed relationships. I was happy when they gave us the let's just be friends option. It's come in handy to retire my romeos.
    egTcBMc.png
  • Options
    JestinaJestina Posts: 1,609 Member
    Sims in TS4 are about oblivious to cheating most of the time. I've often had my sim getting romantic with some other sim while the spouse was nearby and did absolutely nothing.
  • Options
    MasonGamerMasonGamer Posts: 8,851 Member
    How do you cheat on front of your kids tho?

Y'know kids absorb what their parents do, so if they see mom or dad kissing someone other than their husband/wife they're going to think that's okay to do.

Cheating on your kids to me sounds like having children with another person, and giving those kids more love than your first family I call that cheating.
    Realm of Magic:

My Mood:

tumblr_nlbf3b0Jyb1qkheaxo5_250.gif
  • Options
    StrawberryYogurtStrawberryYogurt Posts: 2,799 Member
    Ive never played TS3 PC so I dont know how reputation worked but it seems like most people didnt like it because it worked too strongly. Maybe if reputation was more subtle, and it slowly increased as you keep cheating or find a 3rd of 4th partner it gets stronger.

• Options
    MasonGamer wrote: »

Well most children above 6 or so will realize from society that usally you have one mate. What i mean by cheat on front of is that you choose a romantic action in front (literally physically in the same room as them) theyll recognize you as cheating and will be upset.

• Options
    A random thought just occurred to me:

If a Sim catches another one cheating, but the "catcher" isn't directly affected by it (as in, no romantic relationship between them), they should be able to tell ANY of the cheater's boy/girlfriends or their husband/wife about the cheating.
    And if a child/teenager catches one of the parents in bed with a Sim that isn't its other parent (unless the child doesn't know or even hates that one, in which case this would do nothing), then there should be much more severe effects. And telling the other parent about the cheating should also be an option here of course.
  • Options
    Clk1143Clk1143 Posts: 1,014 Member
    I like the ideal of making the adults get more upset at cheating, but I would rather keep the kids out of it. I like in the sims that the kids are okay if they get a step mother/father or half-sibling, it's not an upsetting always going to be depressed kid because of it.

I also don't want to go the extreme where your sim can't have a second lover at all without the first finding out. It needs to stay balanced. I recall in previous sim series where sims could gossip and would do autonomously ruining many relationships, and stories in my game. I had an open marriage couple who basically couldn't play that story out because of the gossip. Not to mention the non-committed types like Don. I think having the option of confessing cheating with one's significant other is great, as long as it's optional.
  • Options
    Clk1143 wrote: »
    I like the ideal of making the adults get more upset at cheating, but I would rather keep the kids out of it. I like in the sims that the kids are okay if they get a step mother/father or half-sibling, it's not an upsetting always going to be depressed kid because of it.

I also don't want to go the extreme where your sim can't have a second lover at all without the first finding out. It needs to stay balanced. I recall in previous sim series where sims could gossip and would do autonomously ruining many relationships, and stories in my game. I had an open marriage couple who basically couldn't play that story out because of the gossip. Not to mention the non-committed types like Don. I think having the option of confessing cheating with one's significant other is great, as long as it's optional.
    @Clk1143
    1: I also don't think that it should always have too much influence on everybody. My phrasing was a bit bad there. But I could imagine some children to not really like it if their parents cheated on eachother, and this should also somehow be reflected.
    Even if it's just a 24h Sad moodlet (+3 maybe) because the child or teenager fears that the parents would break up. And of course the possibility to tell the other parent about the cheating, which does have more severe consequences.

2: Gossip about someone cheating should clearly not be autonomous, and only available on the lover(s) (that the "catcher" knows) anyways. And they might not believe it if under a certain friendship threshold too.
    It would be more like the "only player vampires can turn other Sims into vampires, and only if directed to do so" thing. So you, as the player, can take that as a chance to change up other's lives a little bit, but you can also choose to never tell anyone.
  • Options
    MasonGamerMasonGamer Posts: 8,851 Member

Well most children above 6 or so will realize from society that usally you have one mate. What i mean by cheat on front of is that you choose a romantic action in front (literally physically in the same room as them) theyll recognize you as cheating and will be upset.

okay if they're older and that's what they were raised to believe, then that technicality needs to be addressed.

if those around your sim truly hold that morality then it could hurt your reputation.
    I just want to make it clear, I define who my sim is, not the game.
    Realm of Magic:

My Mood:

tumblr_nlbf3b0Jyb1qkheaxo5_250.gif
  • Options
    A random thought just occurred to me:

If a Sim catches another one cheating, but the "catcher" isn't directly affected by it (as in, no romantic relationship between them), they should be able to tell ANY of the cheater's boy/girlfriends or their husband/wife about the cheating.
    And if a child/teenager catches one of the parents in bed with a Sim that isn't its other parent (unless the child doesn't know or even hates that one, in which case this would do nothing), then there should be much more severe effects. And telling the other parent about the cheating should also be an option here of course.

Yes! There needs to be more consquences. But possibly optional consenquences - for example if its a social interaction "confees about cheating" "confront about cheating" mono simmers can get the reactions they want.

• Options
    edited February 2017

okay if they're older and that's what they were raised to believe, then that technicality needs to be addressed.

if those around your sim truly hold that morality then it could hurt your reputation.
    I just want to make it clear, I define who my sim is, not the game.

I want to make it more dramatic for simmers who play monogamous relationships, but with the optional for that having to be player (induced? Is that the word? You have to make it happen yourself). Right now its very blah for mono simmers to play because there arent appropriate reactions for cheating. In this sense, the game has also defined for me what my sims morality is since my sims don't react how a mono sim should. And i should be able to futher define my sim.

• Options
    simmisammisimmisammi Posts: 63 Member
    I love this idea I think it would be a nice addition to the game :#
  • Options
    TrixieLocaTrixieLoca Posts: 116 Member
    I'd actually like more interactions like this I find a lot of the relationships a bit flat. I'd like to be able to have a reputation but for instance you only get a bad reputation if you are in a committed relationship or married but you won't get one if you are just flirting and woohooing with everyone but haven't actually changed the status of relationship with another sim. I'd also like if they added divorce in the game with all kinds of interactions with sims and the children. And being able to confess, I like what someone said about if the sim had the choice to forgive or break up with sim. There is so much they could add into the game to make it a right laugh