Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Dusk and Dawn {Last Chapter Posted}

Disclaimer: I almost didn't make a thread on the forums for this story...because I'm not very good at making threads. But here I am.

Dusk and Dawn
Most chapters will be PG-13 for language and the occasional graphic description of drinking plasma. I don't shy away from adult themes, so there are will most likely be a few Rated-R chapters. Naturally, there will be a warning on those chapters.

~*-*-*~ My SimLit: The Echoed Fragments || A Tale of Love and Fame ~*-*-*~
Post edited by UmbralFlower on

Comments

• Options
    LadyLobsterLadyLobster Posts: 4,133 Member
    Yay, I'm glad you made a thread here!
    I almost didn't make a thread on the forums for this story...because I'm not very good at making threads. But here I am.

I know exactly how that feels. My story thread remains my only thread, and that only came into existence after much deliberation. And I'm terrible at describing my own work--I'd be a terrible salesperson. "It's got vampires, I guess? And romance, but embarrassing, awkward vampire romance, not the hot vampire kind? And questionable jokes...you can read it if you want, but no pressure, I swear!" That's pretty much my introduction in my thread and I keep meaning to change it, but...to what? ;)

I really like the theme of your WordPress site, by the way. It's simple, elegant, and looks perfect for vampires!
    uduVcAP.png
  • Options
    UmbralFlowerUmbralFlower Posts: 4,494 Member
    Yay, I'm glad you made a thread here!
    I almost didn't make a thread on the forums for this story...because I'm not very good at making threads. But here I am.

I know exactly how that feels. My story thread remains my only thread, and that only came into existence after much deliberation. And I'm terrible at describing my own work--I'd be a terrible salesperson. "It's got vampires, I guess? And romance, but embarrassing, awkward vampire romance, not the hot vampire kind? And questionable jokes...you can read it if you want, but no pressure, I swear!" That's pretty much my introduction in my thread and I keep meaning to change it, but...to what? ;)

I really like the theme of your WordPress site, by the way. It's simple, elegant, and looks perfect for vampires!

LOL That summary is golden though. Mine is so serious and "formal". But I guess they each fit the tone of our stories. That reminds me, I need to finish reading yours tonight. Housework keeps pulling me away.

And thank you, it was the layout to an old story :x I figured it would be better for this story since Gwen's aesthetic is black.
  • Options
    Popping in to say Chapter 4 is up! Things heat up in the Pit :p
  • Options
    IchigoUsagiIchigoUsagi Posts: 822 Member
    Guinevere is awesome in this chapter! I really like her as a character. She's also absolutely gorgeous. So glad you made a thread for this wonderful story! :blush:
  • Options
    I had so much fun writing her this chapter. She has a very passionate personality and is a hot-head...a very explosive combination.

She looks soooo much like her mother. I'm glad she didn't get a majority of her genes from her dad lol.
  • Options
    She really is gorgeous! Every time I see her, I have an "AWWW, SHE'S SO CUTE" immediate reaction, even though she's a vampire and all. It must be the nose blush.
    uduVcAP.png
  • Options
    The nose blush is all for the illusion of being alive...but I guess with no reflection she goes overboard. She really should have Yuki do her make up :p

But I do agree, it makes her super cute. I would never want to be her enemy though...she's ruthless. I don't think she inherited her mother's merciful nature. :smirk:
  • Options
    edited March 2017
    Chapter 5 was finished early - Chapter Five: Fate
  • Options
    Funny story. I couldn't figure out a title for chapter six so I jokingly decided to go with Unnamed...but as I read over the chapter, it made so much sense to actually call it Unnamed.

It should be done soon, just have a few more paragraphs and more proof reading.
  • Options
    Looking forward to chapter 6! <3 And I've had things work out like that too, where placeholders or jokes end up fitting perfectly.
    uduVcAP.png
  • Options
    Finally, Chapter 6 is up! Enjoy~
  • Options
    Unnamed is a perfect title! >:)
    uduVcAP.png
  • Options
    At first it was gonna be called déjà vu...but without the proper context it wouldn't make much sense other than the feeling she had. So unnamed was the second best choice :joy:
  • Options
    pronteruspronterus Posts: 2,166 Member
    Hi @DreamsInPixels ! I've added your story to my links page. :)
  • Options
    Wow! Thank you @pronterus -- that's so awesome! I'm going to start reading your story in a bit, it looks intriguing.

My story is a very slow paced legacy, so it doesn't even feel like a legacy. I don't know when generation one is actually going to start...this is still the prologue. :joy:
  • Options
    pronteruspronterus Posts: 2,166 Member
    Wow! Thank you @pronterus -- that's so awesome! I'm going to start reading your story in a bit, it looks intriguing.

My story is a very slow paced legacy, so it doesn't even feel like a legacy. I don't know when generation one is actually going to start...this is still the prologue. :joy:

I'm normally not fond of legacies, but your writing is so great that it got me hooked xD
  • Options
    Oh! Also! I added a family tree. Link is on the first post of the thread.
  • Options
    pronterus wrote: »

I'm normally not fond of legacies, but your writing is so great that it got me hooked xD

Thank you. I'm always so critical of how I write, so it always means a lot when someone comments on it.

As for legacies, it takes a lot for me to read one.
  • Options
    cshanercshaner Posts: 2,620 Member
    Yep! I'm hooked. I love some of the rules surrounding your world. I'm still confused if Vampires are known to the general human population or not, though I get the feeling from "Unnamed" that most humans don't believe in supernatural beings. So that's interesting as well. I always like the element of mystery and secrecy surrounding vampires!

Well done, I've bookmarked. I'm going to follow you on WP too so I get updates in my reader.
    covensig800x200.jpg?w=676
    SimFluence - Where Sims Influence the Story
    Blood that Binds: A Vampire Coven Challenge Updated 04/22/2017
    Life Under Construction: A Drifter Challenge House 001 Completed 1/29/17 | Orphan Challenge: Harkins Family Completed 11/12/16
    Origin ID: cshaner07
  • Options
    cshaner wrote: »
    Yep! I'm hooked. I love some of the rules surrounding your world. I'm still confused if Vampires are known to the general human population or not, though I get the feeling from "Unnamed" that most humans don't believe in supernatural beings. So that's interesting as well. I always like the element of mystery and secrecy surrounding vampires!

Well done, I've bookmarked. I'm going to follow you on WP too so I get updates in my reader.

Back in the day vampires were well known to the humans...but after the vampires retreated to the shadows (during the 1500s after an incident with a certain Tudor princess) humans eventually forgot about the existence of vampires. Of course, like Unnamed, there are those that still believe in the supernatural.
  • Options
    Happy day! A new chapter...a chapter of blessings! :D
  • Options
    Guinevere looks AMAZING in this chapter! I mean, she always looks fantastic, but she really looks like a queen in this one. I'm worried about all the undoubtedly backhanded tactics she'll have to counter in the future, but I think she'll be able to handle herself well. I still want her to meet Mr. Unnamed again! And I kind of wonder if Caleb is secretly evil. ;)

Incredible worldbuilding as always! You set everything up so naturally, I'm in awe. Can't wait for more!
    uduVcAP.png
  • Options
    It took me forever to decide on the dress, I'm glad I made the right choice.
    Mr. Unnamed will be back soon enough, and I'm sure it will be awesome ;)

LOL I guess the moral of the story is trust no one and suspect everyone. Maybe that should be the tagline.
  • Options
    edited February 2017
    I'm going to re-edit my screenshots over the next few days, so if one or two go missing that's why.

I finally have an awesome plugin for my Photoshop :love:

All screenshots should be up and retouched. I did shuffle some around (mostly in chapter one) because I liked the flow of them better.
  • Options
    I signed Guinevere up for the project pen pal thing going on on these forums.

If anyone is interested with behind the scenes things, Guinevere will be writing about them to her penpals. Links will be on this index page.