Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Suicidal vampires

Why do the vampires wander about during the day to just fry and die in the sun? Annoying.

I have just travelled to the gym and Lillith was at a protest and she just burned up and died.

Did this not occur to them when they designed the pack? Seems a pretty obvious thing to get right.
Awake.
Shake dreams from your hair
My pretty child, my sweet one.
Choose the day and choose the sign of your day
The day's divinity....
The Ghost Song - Jim Morrison

Comments

• Options
    DannydanboDannydanbo Posts: 18,057 Member
    I agree. I do wish they would avoid going outside during the day or a least realize they are burning and run back inside. I usually keep mine busy studying or teaching the fledglings during the day.
  • Options
    candy8candy8 Posts: 3,815 Member
    Can you just lock the door so they can't get out they can drink plasma if you buy it for them.
  • Options
    ModerateOspreyModerateOsprey Posts: 4,875 Member
    candy8 wrote: »
    Can you just lock the door so they can't get out they can drink plasma if you buy it for them.

These are non played vampire sims, so no control over them. They autonomously commit suicide by extreme sunburn.
    Awake.
    The day's divinity....
  • Options
    irishgurl2978irishgurl2978 Posts: 267 Member
    I just had to resurrect a vampire sim of mine like 3 times because he kept flying outside and every time he died! lol It's so annoying! I was trying to get his vampire points up enough to get him the sunlight immunity reward but every time I switched to another sim I found him outside dying and I couldn't save him.So,I had to have one of my other sims resurrect him.I'm hoping I can keep him alive long enough this time to get the points he needs to be sun resistant!
  • Options
    DegrassiGenDegrassiGen Posts: 2,168 Member
    candy8 wrote: »

These are non played vampire sims, so no control over them. They autonomously commit suicide by extreme sunburn.

That's disturbing regardless.....#SaveVampiresFromSunlightAndBuffy
  • Options
    faith4jesusfaith4jesus Posts: 95 Member
    This hasn't happened to me yet but my daughter had it happen. She switched to play another family and her sim was getting married. The Sims mother (who my daughter was playing before) was a vampire. She came to the wedding which was outside and burned to death.
  • Options
    tommynocker001tommynocker001 Posts: 187 Member
    Lilith has it in for other vamp sims too. Kept trying to invite me to a party at the bluffs at 3am... far too close to sunrise. I guess someone's hungry! :)
  • Options
    LadyJesterLadyJester Posts: 606 Member
    edited January 2017
    Werid. I have not have this happen yet. Usually if I spot any of the NPC vampires I see them at night.
  • Options
    Shades302Shades302 Posts: 1,072 Member
    edited January 2017
    This is quite odd, I have not had any vampires die from sun yet, I have even turned about 8 sims in my sims family tree who I am currently not playing, and there have been times where they turn right outside near the pond in daylight and as soon as they turn they start burning and go home, I have had at least 5 vampires turn in the daylight under the sun that I am not playing and none of them have died, I never see vampires out during the day also, I only ever see them at night.
    I guess if you were to personally invite them to an event as a group or have a club force them to be there, then they might have no choice but to be in the sun, unless you can convince everyone to get inside? I have yet to plan a social event, the only thing my sims have been going to are night based parties to eat all the dancers and events at night specifically to avoid daytime hours. The food is best found at clubs and stuff during the night. ;)

*Edit
    It is also possible the game does not take into account that a sim is a vampire when choosing a sim with high skills to fill a certain task at an event, like how the game made my hired pianist a ghost at my last sims wedding.
    Z6gfpiv.png?1
  • Options
    edited January 2017
    Lilith refused, point blank to come in the house... just stood in the garden until crispy.
    2l9gx75.png
    Then all the other vampires filed outside to mourn her passing. :)

(Image from Daybreakers)
  • Options
    TriplisTriplis Posts: 3,048 Member
    Lilith refused, point blank to come in the house... just stood in the garden until crispy.
    2l9gx75.png
    Then all the other vampires filed outside to mourn her passing. :)

(Image from Daybreakers)
    Did they all die as they hung around outside to mourn her? :open_mouth: And then they all died, and more vampires came out and it was a chain reaction?

:tongue:
    Mods moved from MTS, now hosted at: https://triplis.github.io
  • Options
    No. But that would have been... like the film ;)
  • Options
    kwanzaabotkwanzaabot Posts: 2,440 Member
    Before release, they said vampires would only come out at night.

Makes me think this is a bug (happens to me too), or at least an oversight in the role/walkby tuning that's probably easy to fix.
    wJbomAo.png
  • Options
    Tanja1986Tanja1986 Posts: 1,237 Member
    It's weird but I never have a vampire running out during daylight. At least not in Forgotten Hollow. Did not try to play in the other hoods yet. But the only vampire who has sun protection is Caleb and he may run outside or come as welcome wagon! But other usually appear around midnight and much later! BTW. sun protection for Caleb is broken, I suppose because of the MC Command Control mod. I just do not want to play without it. But in order to keep him from burning, I may have to delete it until it gets an update.
  • Options
    megiaremegiare Posts: 421 Member
    Do any of you experiencing the suicide by sun have any mods, in paticular mc command, on? I've read multiple times mc command has caused issues with the burning to death.

PS. I think that's the name of the mod, I don't use it...
    aD9wyNW.jpg
  • Options
    I only run a depixelator. Other than that, the game is vanilla.
  • Options
    Tanja1986Tanja1986 Posts: 1,237 Member
    megiare wrote: »
    Do any of you experiencing the suicide by sun have any mods, in paticular mc command, on? I've read multiple times mc command has caused issues with the burning to death.

I use the MC Command mod and my vampires, even NPC stay out of the sun, in fact they literally run inside when they are exposed to the sun. Only Caleb has a problem with the mod, which is not fixed yet, at least not in the current version, the next one however will take care of that problem! It's 3.2.0 :)
  • Options
    DannydanboDannydanbo Posts: 18,057 Member
    Well, if the NPC vampires are too dumb to come in out of the rain....um, sun, then you don't have to worry about vampires over running your game.
  • Options
    Dum, Dum, Dum....and another one bites the dust

iwC6Yh6.png
    d6bD68V.png
    Awake.
    The day's divinity....
  • Options
    KartaiKartai Posts: 1,206 Member
    http://modthesims.info/download.php?t=589559
    Mod?

But yes vampires walking in the sun is not fun to see.
  • Options
    pepperjax1230pepperjax1230 Posts: 7,953 Member
    Kartai wrote: »
    http://modthesims.info/download.php?t=589559
    Mod?

But yes vampires walking in the sun is not fun to see.
    Does that mod work? I downloaded the one that prevents fake vampires not sure if it's working thought. :/
    tenor.gif?itemid=5228641
  • Options
    marigold91marigold91 Posts: 81 Member
    Have the same problem, and I use no CC whatsoever. My lovely vampire queen seems to always want to take the garbage out in the middle of the day. And had 3 vampire guests get crispy in the garden because they wouldn't come inside :) but their ghost make a nice addition to the graveyard haha :)
  • Options
    megiare wrote: »

There is an issue with the current version of MCCC, but it isn't related to this problem. In MCCC vampires who have sun resistance get the burning animation, but a reset of powers fixes it. The next version of MCCC (due soon) fixes it completely.

The issue here is different - it seems vampire sims are largely treated by the game as normal sims.

But as, I think we can all agree, vampires are a special case. Those sims should be tied to the game's day/night cycle with, perhaps, some rabbit hole type careers for them. If a player wants their vampire to have a day job, cool, points should be invested in sun resistance.

I think the same should apply to NPC vampires. If the game allocates a vampire with a day job, then the game should ensure those vamps have the appropriate powers much in the same way as it applies skills to sims who do those jobs.

Mind, I won't hold my breath, we don't even have a game clock on the world map.
    Awake.
    The day's divinity....
  • Options
    Fiever7Fiever7 Posts: 884 Member
    I made a good vampire for the sole purpose of overthrowing vlad.... I hope my family stays safe. Tempted to have her move in with my vampire family to prevent stupid deaths.

Already had one die from coming home from work....

Apartment vamps are safer vamps
    IRJsECv.png