Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Completely off topic cry for help

2...Next

Comments

• Options
    anneloes740anneloes740 Posts: 171 Member
    oh geez such an unfortunate thing to happen to such a cute doggy! The dog is very lucky now to have such an loving and caring owner! Please keep us posted on the recovery, I hope the recovery is going well so far.
  • Options
    Jprp83Jprp83 Posts: 400 Member
    Thank you all! I really appreciate the support. He was supposed to come home on Saturday but he wasn't able to eat anything for some days. He would vomit every time the vet tried to feed him. He got me a little worried. He got really skinny in just one week. Fortunately yesterday he seemed to start to be able to eat again... so I hope he will be home soon if he keeps it up. His jaw is recovering well so far too. :) In the end all this made me realize that it was better that this happened now. The infections in his mouth were really bad and could have spreaded to other organs which can be quite dangerous. We were still able to clean his mouth and stop the infections now :)
  • Options
    xGravityGirlxGravityGirl Posts: 225 Member
    That's great! Hopefully he gains some weight soon. Glad to hear all is going well :)
  • Options
    RuediiRuedii Posts: 168 Member
    EmeraldDS wrote: »
    Jprp83 wrote: »
    Thanks guys! Yesterday was not easy staying calm since I feel so guilty about everything and also it must have the peak of the pain for him. He does manage to at least look quiet. Dogs have such a high tolerance to pain!
    Thanks for the recipes @mintycupcake! I will definitely try them and hopefully find out what he likes more. I've also read that dogs never resist vanilla ice cream lol which is not the best food you can give him, but under these circumstances it's better than nothing.
    Thanks again for the support!

First of all, I'm so sorry about all of this! I hope that your dog will be okay. Also, dogs are lactose intolerant, so try avoid dairy ice cream! To emulate ice cream you could put bananas in the freezer overnight and then blend them (a popular, easy way to make vegan ice cream). Dogs shouldn't eat too many bananas at once, though, so don't feed him too much!

Try frozen yogurt if he needs something cold. You can always make your own in the blender.
    Frozen Yogurt is good for the same reason as cheese (less lactose).
  • Options
    EvieSunshineEvieSunshine Posts: 133 Member
    I pray that your pet will return to good health. I'm sure that your love, care and devoted attention will help him heal as best as he can. I am glad you found another vet to provide better care.
  • Options
    Hippie_SimmerHippie_Simmer Posts: 1,078 Member
    Poor baby! I hope he's recovering nicely! If he can have canned food maybe you can put the pill in a little bit of it and get him to swallow it. A while ago my grandma's poor old dog had to take pills for something (I think some sort of infection) and that's how we got her to take them. They were the capsules that pull apart so we just mixed the medicine into the food and she was able to swallow it a little at a time.
    And though the course may change sometimes, rivers always reach the sea. -Led Zeppelin