Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Little glitches since vampires

I keep having weird bugs in the new save I started for my vampire. Usually I don't have problems at all, but I've been having stuff happening all over the place.

One time there was a vampire volume on the floor for some reason. I was going to drag it to the bookcase but couldn't. Then I tried to have my sim put it in the bookcase, but no options came up but read, so I clicked it to read. The book opened by itself and started flipping pages. I went to my sim, and she's standing there looking at her hand, apparently reading the book from upstairs. I clicked to cancel the action and she then proceeded to walk around like she was holding a book. I reset her. She took the standard T position and then went back to normal. I was then able to put the book on the floor away in the bookcase.

Next, my sim bit another to turn her into a vampire. When she actually turned a bit later, it flipped the view right to her (which I appreciated! That was nice to see!) and I watched her change. Then she just stood there. For a long time. Just standing. Flinching from the sunlight. I was wondering if my sim was supposed to go to her and tell her the rules of vampirism or what. Was that why I was notified she was changing? So I could help her? I took my sim out in the middle of the day and tried to talk to her. She was uncomfortable, no wonder with the sun and all. I checked the vampire abilities and nothing. I then found a friendly action that said 'lecture about sunlight', which I tried, but she wasn't moving away. They were both hissing and burning up at this point, but the new vampire had been in the sun much longer than my sim. I was afraid she was going to die! My first little fledgling. :( I finally used the mind control power to tell her to leave and she walked away. I followed her until she disappeared. Took forever to slowly walk away. In the bright sunlight. Shouldn't she be running? o.o She showed up later when my sim invited her for training, so she made it. She's alive! (or undead)

Third, it was my toddler's birthday. Age bar all filled up and glowing. I had her mother call to set up a birthday party, but it wouldn't let me, because no sims on the lot can age? She's a vampire toddler, but she should still be able to have a birthday, right? I'm going to have to wait and see if it gives me the same message when it's her next birthday.

Fourth applies to the birthday as well. I made the cake and had her mother help her to blow out the candles. She aged into a child. She ate some cake and then I took her into CAS to change her outfits and hair, but it still had her as a toddler. Very weird. I canceled CAS to go back to the normal game and see what was going on, but it sent me to the world screen and was trying to move my family. I canceled that, clicked my family to play again, and everything was reset to when I last saved. *sigh* The next time she blew out her candles it went perfectly though. Was able to take her into CAS and out again without a problem.

Fifth, I guess isn't really a bug it just annoyed me. My vampire can't eat regular food (I picked the weakness), but her child was hungry and I wanted her to be able to have nice meals and not just the quick ones all the time. I had my vampire cook breakfast, but she also took a plate. I canceled the action right away but she took the food to the table and sat down with it. Luckily she didn't eat, and the daughter was able to come over and take it from her. So I can't have my vampire cook anything? She did the birthday cake alright. Cooked it and put it right into the refrigerator, but not the pancakes. Is this related to the picking up a serving and putting it into inventory bug? Or just a normal thing that is going to happen when anyone, vampires included, cook?

I realize I should have been taking screenshots of all of this, but I was busy trying to figure out what was wrong most of the time...

Lastly, this just happened. And I took a screenshot because it pretty much says it all.

xfvxQzh.png

The child was eating yogurt, talking to her mother, and then all of a sudden starts using the powder brush and has the makeup all over her face. The vanity is upstairs! She was no where near it. And eating besides.

So yeah.

I'm not expecting any help really, since my game is fine... I just wanted to get it off my shoulders. There's a lot of buggy-ness going on. Stuff I haven't seen before. It's nothing game breaking though... except I would have liked to throw that birthday party. Just wanted to put this up here in case anyone else was having troubles.

I just realized I have written a book long complaint. Sorry! I'm going to hit post anyway. Sorry! (not) xD
Origin ID: Wyrren

Comments