Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Keep having baby boys????

Hi everyone, just wondering if anyone else is having this issue since downloading toddlers. My sim has had 11 baby boys in a row! Can't seem to break this streak

Comments

• Options
    BeaEllaBeaElla Posts: 366 Member
    I have only had boys as well, but then again I've only had 3 babies since the update. I don't know if it's just coincedence?
    My chaotic simblr
  • Options
    ohmyohmyohmyohmy Posts: 614 Member
    lol I've had two boys but I don't think it's a bug most likely it's our luck :)
  • Options
    basslinewildbasslinewild Posts: 268 Member
    7 babies born since toddlers and 6 are boys. :|
    Tessa :)
    Gallery items under : TessaNicolle
    Check out my houses!
  • Options
    rudolpharudolpha Posts: 998 Member
    I'm the opposite. Only getting baby girls.
  • Options
    ElyssandarielElyssandariel Posts: 556 Member
    I have had an amazing amount of boys too. I don't think its just luck. I think I've had 2 girls, and 6-7 boys, over a course of 4 families this past week. Yeah....it seems more boys are being born, in general.
    tumblr_inline_mw78cm2WhN1qajk9h.gif
    Thicker Than Thieves: A sim legacy story

• Options
    EuphorialQueenEuphorialQueen Posts: 6,224 Member
    Couple of suggestions:
    There is a built in option in the game to potentially influence having either a girl or a boy.
    >Strawberries and Pop music (one, the other, or both) seem to lead to more baby girls.
    >Carrots and Alternative music seem to lead to more baby boys.

Not sure if this works in Sims 4 but an old Sims 3 trick would help break the cycle of having all girls/boys.
    Go into CAS and use the random button to create Girl (since you are having all boys) toddlers or children.
    You do not have to save the household just exit CAS when you are done.

If all else fails use Manage World to genetically create a Girl child.
  • Options
    Kilov17Kilov17 Posts: 1,795 Member
    Have your sim lisen to PLENTY of Pop music for a Girl;
    If you ever have an issue where you want a boy, it's Alternative music. Also is fruit to get a particular gender... Idk if you have been trying this but I didn't see mention of it...
    Kilov17 (Gallery ID: SimOppresser)
    JrTlDGw.jpg
  • Options
    EmeraldDSEmeraldDS Posts: 42 Member
    Had triplets since the patch: two girls and a boy.
  • Options
    ElyssandarielElyssandariel Posts: 556 Member
    It might be the alternative music for me......LOL I love that channel. My sims listen to it often. I don't have fruits or veggies yet but this is a good tip and thank you everyone for mentioning it!! Now my girls will be born in a steady stream!!
    tumblr_inline_mw78cm2WhN1qajk9h.gif
    Thicker Than Thieves: A sim legacy story

• Options
    Couple of suggestions:
    There is a built in option in the game to potentially influence having either a girl or a boy.
    >Strawberries and Pop music (one, the other, or both) seem to lead to more baby girls.

Not sure if this works in Sims 4 but an old Sims 3 trick would help break the cycle of having all girls/boys.
    Go into CAS and use the random button to create Girl (since you are having all boys) toddlers or children.

It does indeed work in Sims 4. I use it all the time. 99% of the time I want my sims to have a boy and don't want to have to try a bunch of times to get one. Using Alternative music I get what I want every time when I want a boy lol...
    I like more of the Female npc sims than male. I am picky about the boy sims lol...

JrTlDGw.jpg
  • Options
    FrejaFreja Posts: 159 Member
    what if boys are on default, and you only influence if there is a girl by listening to pop music and eating stawberries :anguished:
  • Options
    ChloeDeCookieChloeDeCookie Posts: 2,467 Member
    I keep having baby girls with no influence then when I tried to influence a girl I got a boy
    To all you beautiful people out there, have a lovely day.
  • Options
    edited January 2017
    xoxoat11 wrote: »
    what if boys are on default, and you only influence if there is a girl by listening to pop music and eating stawberries :anguished:

I don't imagine they are on 'default', odds just often offer bad luck... I guess they COULD be but we don't know that so, in the interest of positive thinking and interest of benefit of the doubt we probably should assume it's odds. MAYBE the odds of a boy have been shifted to 60-70% or maybe just odds being unfavorable for you..
    JrTlDGw.jpg
  • Options
    3KNPen3KNPen Posts: 2,825 Member
    edited January 2017
    Unfortunately the game can sometimes get stuck into a loop because it's designed to try and have as even number of male and females in the world as possible. It also has a tendency to create sims that are the opposite gender to yours for them to interact with and potentially marry (like when I was having a streak of girls almost all the kids the game generated were boys. In my current game my sim had twin boys and the notifications I've been getting for babies being born have been heavily leaning towards female) then the game reads there as being a lot of that gender in the world so your sim will have the opposite gender to try and even it out again and the cycle continues. I would try going into your Manage Worlds and clear out female elder or single Adult/YA sims then have your sim get pregnant right away before the game can repopulate the world again.

You can otherwise do the influencing thing to try getting a girl that way. Or if you're not opposed to mods you can get MCCommand Center it has a pregnancy module that can influence what gender babies the world generates including for your played household.
    ~ ~ ~
  • Options
    Nephesh_SpiritNephesh_Spirit Posts: 254 Member
    I've had three born since toddlers. Two girls and one boy.
    The Lockwood Family Tree

• Options
    BlueR0seBlueR0se Posts: 1,595 Member
    Just listen to pop music and eat your strawberries. It works. Or at least, it should.
  • Options
    hannaaj22hannaaj22 Posts: 685 Member
    I've had 6 born since toddler patch and 5 have been boys! Even tried listening to pop music for 4 of the births which all turned out to be boys. But then I've always had more boys than girls born in my game (quite a large difference too) so I don't think it was the patch.
    Leon Family Tree
    Origin ID: hannaaj22
  • Options
    Simsfan99111Simsfan99111 Posts: 1,260 Member
    Ive had 3 boys so far.
  • Options
    Orchid13Orchid13 Posts: 8,823 Member
    I never play with babies but I only have 3 babies and the three of them are girls. But I'm talking about the past year in my case.

I don't know if MC command center can help with this
    21mbz47.jpg
  • Options
    JoAnne65JoAnne65 Posts: 22,959 Member
    I made my sim pregnant to get a toddler in the game (so after the patch obviously) and she had a baby girl. The game glitched and when the toddler girl was a day old my sim got another baby: a girl. I wanted another toddler (because one little kid was ugly and the other genetically not my sim's, the glitched one) and I did the strawberry/pop music thing: again a little baby girl. So there's always the 'cheat' if you are fed up with boys ;)
    5JZ57S6.png
  • Options
    3KNPen3KNPen Posts: 2,825 Member
    Orchid13 wrote: »
    I never play with babies but I only have 3 babies and the three of them are girls. But I'm talking about the past year in my case.

It can help with this. The pregnancy module has stuff to determine what genders will be born in world.
    ~ ~ ~
  • Options
    lady8janelady8jane Posts: 350 Member
    edited January 2017
    I started a new 100 Baby Challenge after the toddler patch and so far I have pretty much 50:50 girls and boys. So no, there was nothing changed.

Just keep in mind that a 50:50 chance means that you have that chance every single time your Sim is pregnant. It doesn't change just because you had boys already.
  • Options
    Orchid13Orchid13 Posts: 8,823 Member
    3KNPen wrote: »
    Orchid13 wrote: »

It can help with this. The pregnancy module has stuff to determine what genders will be born in world.

Oh ok :) thanks. I wasn't sure haha which reminds me I gotta install it again
    21mbz47.jpg
  • Options
    GalacticGalGalacticGal Posts: 28,573 Member
    Couple of suggestions:

Does this also stop the 'cloning' of the first child effect? I know in Sims2, where we had the option to go into CAS on the town screen, you just had to click the random dice a couple of times, prior to the expected birth, to avoid all the children in the same household from looking exactly like the other.
    You can download (free) all three volumes of my Night Whispers Star Trek Fanfiction here: http://galacticgal.deviantart.com/gallery/ You'll need to have a pdf reader. New websites: http://www.trekkiefanfiction.com/st-tos.php
    http://www.getfreeebooks.com/star-trek-original-series-fan-fiction-trilogy/
  • Options
    rubahlubarubahluba Posts: 138 Member
    Hey everyone, thanks so much for your feedback! I tried eating strawberries and listening to pop music just to see if that would work...ended up with twin girls haha! It would suck if I always have to determine the gender myself by influencing it that way, I'd rather have it randomized by the game but I'm hoping that these twins have sort of off-set my streak.
    I'll be trying again soon and I'll see what I end up with!