Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

The Sims 4 worlds per real life continent

leo3487leo3487 Posts: 4,062 Member
Now with the adition of Forgoten Hollow I could say than we have the 3 main continents:

Europe
Windenburg
Forgoten Hollow

America
Willow Creek
Oasis Springs
Newcrest
Magnolia Promenade
Granite Falls

Asia
San Myshuno

I hope than Werewolves GP or Witches GP add another european world

Comments

• Options
    mirta000mirta000 Posts: 2,974 Member
    I would place San Myshuno in America and Forgotten Hollow can be USA as well as Europe.
  • Options
    ohmyohmyohmyohmy Posts: 614 Member
    good ideas :) personally I'm hoping for an Australian city next.
  • Options
    mirta000 wrote: »
    I would place San Myshuno in America and Forgotten Hollow can be USA as well as Europe.

Personally at real world Forgotten Hollow is East Europe, and if we make a Sims map, then next to Windenburg
  • Options
    edited January 2017
    leo3487 wrote: »
    Personally at real world Forgotten Hollow is East Europe, and if we make a Sims map, then next to Windenburg

Is there a real location with that name? Because I'm from East Europe and that is NOTHING like what East Europe is. It's like someone has a warped cartoon influenced perception of how locations here look. Old towns look closer to Winderburg, except more cluttered:

141843638.jpg

if the country was under Soviet Union control you'll see lots of parts that look like this:

06_0379_79.jpg

and if to argue that it's inspired by Romania, or Vlad directly, well it's not a medieval castle in the middle of nowhere now, is it?

about%20us%20_romania.jpg?itok=8xWtqTMg

I would personally take offence when people take a dark fantasy portrayal of a place that never existed and go "this is how Eastern Europe looks durr".

However Asia doesn't use the type of Architecture that Forgotten Hollow uses. Neither does Africa. Meaning it has to place either on European or American continent if we were to give it a real world location.
  • Options

Is there a real location with that name? Because I'm from East Europe and that is NOTHING like what East Europe is. It's like someone has a warped cartoon influenced perception of how locations here look. Old towns look closer to Winderburg, except more cluttered:

I meant Windenburg West/Center Europe (more specific, Germany) and Forgotten Hollow East Europe (Transilvania or also any of the old Yugoslavia)
  • Options
    I meant Windenburg West/Center Europe (more specific, Germany) and Forgotten Hollow East Europe (Transilvania or also any of the old Yugoslavia)

Yet none of those two places look like that.
  • Options

Yet none of those two places look like that.

Take a look at Google Earth, non-industrial cities of Germany (or "interior" as here at Argentina refer to far from capital). Windenburg is not too different than them
  • Options
    LiseyLisey Posts: 195 Member
    San Myshuno seems like a mix of New Orleans/San Diego to me.
  • Options
    Take a look at Google Earth, non-industrial cities of Germany (or "interior" as here at Argentina refer to far from capital). Windenburg is not too different than them

Not arguing about Winderburg, saying that nowhere in your mentioned places does it look like Forgotten Hollow.
  • Options
    Gabe_ozGabe_oz Posts: 1,880 Member
    San Myshuno should be part of the Americas section. It's based on West Coast Californian cities, mainly Los Angeles, which boast being multi-cultural, having sections of the city based on different cultures, many, if not most, Asian.
  • Options
    kingkong192kingkong192 Posts: 953 Member
    Gabe_oz wrote: »
    San Myshuno should be part of the Americas section. It's based on West Coast Californian cities, mainly Los Angeles, which boast being multi-cultural, having sections of the city based on different cultures, many, if not most, Asian.

I agree, I always thought it was inspired by San Francisco minus the Victorian houses.
  • Options
    TheSimerTheSimer Posts: 1,007 Member
    edited January 2017

Not arguing about Winderburg, saying that nowhere in your mentioned places does it look like Forgotten Hollow.

San Myshuno looks very asian. Not only from the architecture, but also from the landscape.
    It has a typical asian coastline.

08768f161f1a77edf09c91fa4a642031.jpg

hong-kong.jpg?itok=QQX_m_9b
    csm_2016-10-7_17.27.40_93aaf78567.png

AVtoSR0.png
  • Options
    kingkong192kingkong192 Posts: 953 Member
    TheSimer wrote: »

San Myshuno looks very asian. Not only from the architecture, but also from the landscape.

AVtoSR0.png

Okay now I agree with you!
  • Options
    TheSimer wrote: »

AVtoSR0.png

I believe one of the devs said they drew inspiration from Tokyo & it really shows wow :)
  • Options
    SimaniteSimanite Posts: 4,833 Member
    San Myshuno is in the US in my game.
  • Options
    Jprp83Jprp83 Posts: 400 Member
    I'm from Europe but I live in Asia and I think San Myshuno (or at least most of its districts) could totally be in Asia. Funny enough, it's the Spice Market district that looks the most American to me.

It does make sense to me that Forgotten Hollow could be in Europe, considering that that's where the Vampire legends come from.
  • Options
    siennaSTARsiennaSTAR Posts: 739 Member
    edited January 2017
    As for the "you have a warped cartoon idea of what eastern Europe looks like"...Have you forgotten it's a world for vampires? In a game which has Dr Seuss-like cupcake makers and giant plants that have cake-shaped tongues? Lol.
  • Options
    SimplyobsessedSimplyobsessed Posts: 315 Member
    Hm, could Forgotten Hollow be based on the UK?

There is a trailer on Youtube from The Sims' official channel called "The Sims 4 Vampires: Official Vampire Powers Gameplay Trailer" where the narrator has a British accent. I'd post the link, but apparently I have to be around a little while longer until I can do that...
  • Options
    San Myshuno looks very asian to me and it's nice because sim pop culture reminds me a bit of Japanese pop culture.
  • Options
    edited January 2017
    @Simplyobsessed I think it's quite obviously based on both Victorian-style buildings (as in one of the classic staples of vampire lore eras) and the rural American "sleepy hollow" type landscape.

6dabb6f53264d3e151b073a3a3e5b6d1.jpg

35f29177bcd7f0f4e6303c26d72ae73e.jpg

See the tree even?
  • Options
    I was kinda thinking of Transylvania for forgotten hollow but that might be because of all the Dracula movies I watched lol.
  • Options
    ohmyohmy wrote: »
    I was kinda thinking of Transylvania for forgotten hollow but that might be because of all the Dracula movies I watched lol.

And you're absolutely right. They all have a similar, fantastical feel. I was just responding to an earlier commenter who seemed to be offended.
  • Options
    siennaSTAR wrote: »
    ohmyohmy wrote: »

And you're absolutely right. They all have a similar, fantastical feel. I was just responding to an earlier commenter who seemed to be offended.

yeah but I can understand in a way because it's probably annoying having people see the place you were born as a vampire cartoon lol.
  • Options
    @ohmyohmy

I suppose you're right. As an African I'm used to a lot of misconceptions about where I'm from as well...but my personal opinion is to respectfully educate but also understand that these things aren't really serious enough to get upset over. :wink:

In any case, I'll stop my snark haha. I hope it didn't come off terribly mean!
  • Options
    siennaSTAR wrote: »
    @ohmyohmy

I suppose you're right. As an African I'm used to a lot of misconceptions about where I'm from as well...but my personal opinion is to respectfully educate but also understand that these things aren't really serious enough to get upset over. :wink:

In any case, I'll stop my snark haha. I hope it didn't come off terribly mean!

you didn't! :) I was just talking out loud really, haha. definitely agree about the misconceptions about countries in Africa that is really annoying & aggravating.
This discussion has been closed.
Return to top