Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

The Eris Random Legacy- Chapter 2.3 Up!

Comments

• Options
    thejenniferthejennifer Posts: 724 Member
    Lisey wrote: »
    OMG. I did NOT see that coming. :D Celia! That's an older woman! At least get someone your age :D hahah, I'm so in shock. I can't wait to see what'll happen next. Great chapter!

Haha, glad you liked it! Or were at least...intrigued? Celia has the City Native aspiration, so she wanted to kiss someone at the love festival - and the love guru is always in a flirty mood anyway. So I went for it!

I liked it, but I was just shocked. :D Made me smile a bit since it was so funny to me. I've been wondering about the boys- have you chosen an heir?
  • Options
    LiseyLisey Posts: 195 Member
    OMG. I did NOT see that coming. :D Celia! That's an older woman! At least get someone your age :D hahah, I'm so in shock. I can't wait to see what'll happen next. Great chapter!

Haha, glad you liked it! Or were at least...intrigued? Celia has the City Native aspiration, so she wanted to kiss someone at the love festival - and the love guru is always in a flirty mood anyway. So I went for it!

I liked it, but I was just shocked. :D Made me smile a bit since it was so funny to me. I've been wondering about the boys- have you chosen an heir?

It's Random Chance so I rolled a heir - will reveal who at the start of next gen when I reveal all my rolls!

BUT since I'm doing like real rotational play, switching weeks and messing with aging, all children will get played. There's even a 50/50 chance they'll have their own kids!
  • Options

It's Random Chance so I rolled a heir - will reveal who at the start of next gen when I reveal all my rolls!

BUT since I'm doing like real rotational play, switching weeks and messing with aging, all children will get played. There's even a 50/50 chance they'll have their own kids!

I can't wait to see who won! At least I'll still get to see Ash then, if he didn't win. :D
  • Options
    edited February 2017
    01_29_17_113149c2a0am.png
    02_04_17_102143c2a0pm.png

Homework. Woodworking. Repairs. Upgrades. Sometimes writing jokes, or playing chess.

Such was the life of the Eris family.

02_05_17_103322c2a0am.png

Basil took a babysitting job, which quickly consumed his weekend. He loved playing with the little kids, but was always exhausted when he returned home from a night of baby-sitting.

01_29_17_112646c2a0am.png

In his spare time, he watched comedy, continuing his study of the greats (and even some not-so-greats, so that he learned what not to do).

02_04_17_100823c2a0pm.png
    02_04_17_102346c2a0pm.png

Celia bought Basil a microphone for him to practice his stand-up.

01_29_17_112422c2a0am.png
    02_05_17_101814c2a0am.png

One of the nice things about Basil's friends was that they sometimes played chess with Ash.

02_07_17_85731c2a0pm.png

There were also times where he stretched himself to play basketball outside - with others.

02_05_17_103941c2a0am.png

Celia was on top of the world: making a lot of money through woodworking, both kids doing well, and fully skilled at cooking!

So don't worry about too much about the knife pointed at her face.

02_05_17_103524c2a0am.png

There were also times she needed to rest. Life was so...busy.

02_05_17_22152c2a0pm.png
    02_05_17_22206c2a0pm1.png

So busy, in fact, that before she knew it - it was already her birthday again!

02_05_17_22926c2a0pm1.png

She pulled out all the stops, finally earning another gold medal!

02_05_17_23330c2a0pm1.png

The most important thing, of course, was that she had lots of fun at the party!

To be continued...

Post edited by Lisey on
  • Options
    Awww, Celia is old and so cute! I don't wanna see her go, though. :'( It'll be sad, even more so to see the boys upset! I'm starting to like Basil some more though, his personality shines a bit more than Ash!
  • Options
    edited February 2017
    Awww, Celia is old and so cute! I don't wanna see her go, though. :'( It'll be sad, even more so to see the boys upset! I'm starting to like Basil some more though, his personality shines a bit more than Ash!

Thank you! I love old Celia too. She hasn't died yet in my game, so expect lots of updates with her still around!

I hate to be cliche, but I like my boys equally XD it's fun because they're so different.

• Options

Thank you! I love old Celia too. She hasn't died yet in my game, so expect lots of updates with her still around!

I hate to be cliche, but I like my boys equally XD it's fun because they're so different.

Oh, yay! I'm not ready for her to go. :D And its not cliche, I'm the same with my sims!
  • Options
    02_08_17_10801c2a0pm.png

It's not like life in the spice neighborhood was bad. On the contrary, the Eris family was quite comfortable.

Ash even learned how to make his family's treasured garden salad!

02_07_17_85619c2a0pm.png

There were also some neighbors that were...well, strange, to say the least.

02_06_17_103801c2a0pm.png

Never mind that Celia's dear neighbor Jesminder seemed to have become more inappropriate with the boys...

02_05_17_55838c2a0pm.png

Celia decided a camping trip was in order! Just to get a little break from the city.

02_06_17_111912c2a0am.png

Celia and the boys immediately threw a weenie roast! (Celia made some veggie burgers for the guest, but didn't eat any herself, since she's too much of a health nut to eat anything roasted.)

02_06_17_111703c2a0am.png

With the help of Basil's jokes and campfire stories, the weenie roast was another gold-medal event! Finally Celia obtained four gold medals, making her a true party queen.

02_06_17_113525c2a0am.png

The entertainer was late to the party.

Also, he was a ghost.

02_06_17_24026c2a0pm.png

Celia found the trip quite relaxing.

02_05_17_60205c2a0pm1.png

She even learned the mascot schematic for her woodworking table!

02_06_17_23650c2a0pm.png

Basil also enjoyed the trip.

02_06_17_25315c2a0pm.png

His favorite part was telling stories around the campfire.

02_06_17_52457c2a0pm.png

Even the scary ones!

02_06_17_52635c2a0pm1.png
    02_06_17_113231c2a0am.png

The whole family enjoyed the camping trip. Sometimes it's nice to get away from the chaos of the city for some peace in the wilderness.

To be continued...
  • Options
    LinzzLinzz Posts: 323 Member
    Hey, I came across your story a week ago and I have been checking your updates since. Love your story! :)
  • Options
    Linzz wrote: »
    Hey, I came across your story a week ago and I have been checking your updates since. Love your story! :)

Thank you so much! It means a lot to me to hear people are enjoying my story. :)
  • Options
    The boys are adorable. I wonder who they'll end up with! These little updates are so nice :)
  • Options
    Love the updates! Please keep it up!
    The boys are adorable. I wonder who they'll end up with! These little updates are so nice :)

Thank you guys so much! I really appreciate it! :D
  • Options
    edited March 2017
    02_09_17_112143c2a0am.png
    02_09_17_81052c2a0pm.png

Sometimes Celia wished those halcyon days would continue forever...

02_09_17_110536c2a0am.png

She was getting older - and so were the boys.

02_09_17_82351c2a0pm.png

Which meant more birthdays!

02_09_17_82218c2a0pm.png

The family had a quiet celebration at home for both of the boys.

02_09_17_83108c2a0pm.png
    02_09_17_84652c2a0pm.png

Celia was sad to see the boys leave her nest, but also knew that it was time.

Time for her boys to carve their own path.

She had upheld her promise to Eris; now the rest was up to them.

To be continued...
  • Options
    Next update is the start of generation 2! Expect a slightly longer update as we meet with Eris again and go over the rolls for the next generation. :)
  • Options
    Daww, so big already. :cold_sweat: I can't wait to see how things go with Eris!!
  • Options
    AkramAAkramA Posts: 2,717 Member
    I should probably comment here more sooner because this was where the discussion for this story was, I comment on you wordpress by the way.
    I also write non sims stuff on Wattpad
  • Options
    edited March 2017
    Celia was surprised when, not long after the boys left, she heard a knock on her door.

She was even more surprised when it turned out to be Eris.

Apparently it wasn't a dream after all...

02_11_17_10743c2a0pm.png

"Hello!" Eris said cheerfully, sweeping Celia into a hug. "Long time no see! I'm glad you decided to procreate. That means I don't have to send you to hell!"

Celia decided to ignore that last bit.

02_11_17_10807c2a0pm.png

"I'm happy to see you too," Celia said. "And I hope you can honor my last request..."

"You're not dying yet, lady!" Eris teased.

"I know, I know. But I'm not getting any younger either. You bought me time, and I'm so grateful, but there will come a day when I'll have to go to the netherworld - and then there'll be nobody to protect my boys. Please, can you look after the two of them?"

02_11_17_10344c2a0pm.png

"Well, they are an important investment...but I can do you one better! I can tell you their futures."

"Um, okay," Celia said, laughing nervously. She wasn't sure if she wanted to know that much - it felt like an invasion of privacy - but Eris seemed intent on telling her anyway.

02_11_17_10421c2a0pm1.png

"Let's talk about Ash first," Eris said, taking a seat on the couch.

Celia took a seat beside her. "Um, okay..."

02_11_17_10535c2a0pm.png

"As you know, Ash is a very smart boy. It makes sense, then, that he'll go into space on a rocket ship!"

"A rocket ship? Wow!"

"Yes, that's the way he will make money - he'll go on adventures on his rocket ship and bring back treasure. You can expect him to make an amazing themed display of space rocks."

"Wow. I always knew Ash was a genius - but I didn't know he'd end up so adventurous!"

"In more ways than one. He'll also try out a new restaurant every week."

Celia was not happy about that news. "Does that mean he'll eat..." She swallowed, her heart racing: "Meat?"

02_11_17_10602c2a0pm.png

"Yes, I'm afraid so. Basil too!"

Celia sighed internally.

02_11_17_10449c2a0pm.png

"Don't worry though! Both your children will have significant others," Eris said, as if that made it any better. "The future around their partners is still a little murky, so I'm not exactly sure who they'll be - I know one will be a hacker, and one will be a fisher, but I'm not sure who will end up with who."

"What about my Basil? What will he do for a living?"

"I think you already know, my dear."

"A comedian?"

"Exactly right! Basil will bring joy to the masses through his love of comedy. I'm not sure how well he'll do, of course - he and his spouse will be somewhat deadbeat with their careers, perhaps because of his love of festivals; I don't think his family will ever miss a single festival."

"As long as he's happy, I don't care if he's successful."

02_11_17_10702c2a0pm.png

"I think he'll be happy," Eris said, becoming even more animated: "He'll have a family!"

"A family?"

"Yes! Basil will have one child with his partner." Her eyes narrowed. "Only one.

"I'm going to be honest with you, Celia: I'm not very happy about that. I might be the goddess of chaos, but that still leaves too much up to chance. You remember our deal, right? If your family stops before ten generations, I'll have to drag you - and all your descendants - to hell. And it doesn't seem like you've told either of your kids about our deal, which makes me even more worried about the future."

02_11_17_10509c2a0pm1.png

"Because they're not involved in this! Don't mess with my kids!" Celia said, gesticulating with her finger...but Eris just smiled.

"Your kids wouldn't even exist without me," she said sweetly. "And don't worry. As long as your family continues to procreate, we won't have a problem.

"I just hope, for your sake, that your single grandchild continues the family line."

To be continued...
    Post edited by Lisey on
  • Options
    Daww, so big already. :cold_sweat: I can't wait to see how things go with Eris!!

Thank you! Yeah, they're all grown up. :(
    AkramA wrote: »
    I should probably comment here more sooner because this was where the discussion for this story was, I comment on you wordpress by the way.

No worries - I like comments on the Wordpress too! Thanks for reading! :D
  • Options
    I'm putting this on my Wordpress blog too, but just to update you guys on my rolls for whether spares will have children:

1-5 no kids
    6-7 1 kid
    8- 9 2 kids
    10 3 kids

Ash rolled somewhere in 1-5 so no kids for him. Thanks for reading!
  • Options
    LinzzLinzz Posts: 323 Member
    Nice update! She wasn't happy about the eating meat part, that made me giggle! haha
  • Options
    I'm happy that Ash will have a partner, but sad he won't have kids :'( His career seems interesting though! I haven't had a sim become an astronaut yet, so that actually gives me some ideas. :D
  • Options
    edited March 2017
    02_11_17_11542c2a0pm.png

Not long after moving out, Basil decided to visit his brother at his new apartment.

Basil had aged up with the cheerful trait, making him a friendly and outgoing goofball; meanwhile, Ash had become more of a geek, making him a genius loner geek. The twins could not have been more different, yet remained close.

"I like your apartment, man," Basil told Ash, as his brother gave him a tour around the place.

Ash had rented a small one-bedroom apartment and decorated it in his preferred minimalist style.

02_11_17_125903c2a0pm.png

Kitchen/dining room area.

02_11_17_125853c2a0pm1.png

He set up a study area across from his kitchen/dining room.

02_11_17_125922c2a0pm.png

Streamlined bedroom.

02_11_17_125948c2a0pm.png

Simple bathroom.

02_11_17_11524c2a0pm1.png

Basil started to describe his own apartment to Ash: "I got myself a two bedroom, but I'm not sure what to do with the other bedroom yet - maybe turn it into a studio for recording comedy podcasts or something like that? I'm not sure. Actually, I don't have the money to do anything with it yet!"

02_10_17_95244c2a0pm.png
    02_10_17_94726c2a0pm.png

"I really like my dining room and kitchen. The kitchen is in a little alcove in the dining room. I went really bright with the colors - I think that anyone who walks in there will just want to have fun!"

02_10_17_94641c2a0pm.png
    02_10_17_94648c2a0pm.png

"My bedroom is...spacious. Well, at least compared to what we used to live in! And REALLY relaxing. Like, even thinking about it right now makes me want to go home and sleep!"

02_10_17_95300c2a0pm.png

"The living room is REALLY orange but I kinda dig it."

After describing his new apartment to Ash, Basil decided to find out more about his brother's new apartment building. It turned out that Ash did have some neighbors.

"Yes, there are two sisters living in the apartment next door."

"Sisters? Dude, how old are they?"

"I believe they are our age."

"DUDE! Are they hot?"

Ash paused, looking thoughtful: "Yes, I believe they fit society's standards of conventional attractiveness."

"DUDE! We have to meet them!"

Now Ash looked confused. "I've already met them. That's how I was able to describe them to you." But Basil was already out the door and on his way to meet the pretty ladies.

02_11_17_12406c2a0pm.png

Basil was let into the apartment by a girl named Chalise, who invited him to watch t.v. with her - and of course, he couldn't say no!

To be continued...
  • Options
    Linzz wrote: »
    Nice update! She wasn't happy about the eating meat part, that made me giggle! haha
    Yes, I kept imagining Celia as this intense vegan the whole gen! SO glad to be done with health nut!! (At least for now...)
    I'm happy that Ash will have a partner, but sad he won't have kids :'( His career seems interesting though! I haven't had a sim become an astronaut yet, so that actually gives me some ideas. :D

I was upset about Ash too, like I mentioned before I think he came out looking a little better, with the less dramatic facial features of the two brothers. That's the risk with the random rolls inheritance, I guess...

At the same time, it almost makes me kind of glad because I'm not doing what I would typically do? So maybe I'll have some different looking Sims, instead of always making the same Sim with different hair! :p

I've gotten lucky so far in terms of careers too - haven't played any of the careers that my Sims have yet. Space explorer is turning out to be a lot of fun, but REALLY not profitable (or at least not yet, still pretty early on).
  • Options
    That's very true! Maybe I'll do a challenge like this someday. Their apartments are really nice, by the way! I wonder how it'll go with these ladies. :smile: