Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Can we have empty fridges and go to the supermarket please?

Besides spending money at the restaurant, my sims are too rich.

So not only is it realistic but can our sims buy food from grocery stores please?
I remember having to buy food in ts2. Very fun, lets do it again please!

Comments

• Options
    CinderellimouseCinderellimouse Posts: 19,380 Member
    Yes please!
  • Options
    YardenroYardenro Posts: 376 Member
    YES!!!! needed!

-Yarden.
  • Options
    papersuitcasepapersuitcase Posts: 838 Member
    yes. this game is too easy and i want the immersion of having to shop for food at grocery stores. I also want to bring my toddlers with me!
  • Options
    MovottiMovotti Posts: 7,774 Member
    Or the ability to buy groceries online.
    It's a thing these days... has been for years.

And farmers markets, who doesn't love farmers markets? (if you don't you must not love food)
    AmusingExhaustedArchaeopteryx-max-1mb.gif
  • Options
    MS4MS4 Posts: 89 Member
    And more delivery options!
  • Options
    BabySquareBabySquare Posts: 7,869 Member
    I Have a petition going for this as it's something I've been wanting since 4's launch.
    Gallery ID: babysquare
  • Options
    Nomiko13Nomiko13 Posts: 1,497 Member
    I'd love for this too! I thought it was kinda weird that you buy your food from the fridge. :expressionless:
    BabySquare wrote: »
    I Have a petition going for this as it's something I've been wanting since 4's launch.

What's the link? :)
    ▼add/follow▼
    ●【youtube】【 sims 3 page】【gallery】●

mario_10.jpg
    ●|| free items | daily deals | cascades |thank you ||●
    ▲still waiting on sims 4 generations▲
    ▶owner of the store since 9/21/2017◀
  • Options
    CookinCookieCookinCookie Posts: 144 Member
    Oh yes, yes, yes! Oh my wouldn't it be so cute to have shopping carts to put the toddlers in while shopping around! Even little cute mini carts some places have for the kids to "shop". I do like my games to be more realistic, just paying from the fridge isn't so. I want it to tell me I can't make anything since theres nothing in my fridge! So time to round up the tikes and take them to the store! And the other options from above sound so grand! Deliverys, Online shopping, oh I hope this is added back! Even being able to run a grocery store would be so nice! Having to have baggers, cart boys, and the like.
  • Options
    NeiaNeia Posts: 4,190 Member
    I didn't like it in TS2, it felt more like a chore than something fun. I like the idea of a farmer market though. In my game, I've made a grocery store using retail from GTW. My Sims go there when they want to buy fresh produce to make high-quality meal.
  • Options
    GoldenBuffyGoldenBuffy Posts: 4,025 Member
    BabySquare wrote: »

I think I signed it. I want a grocery store back! And I like the idea of a Farmer's Market every weekend or once a week. That would be nice.
    epngF25.png
    It's up to Nancy!
    My YouTube!

• Options
    happyopihappyopi Posts: 1,355 Member
    I modded my Sims 2 game so Sims returning home after work/school would sometimes bring groceries, it was more practical as the actual grocery shopping act was just a slider to get up and not that interesting to begin with.

In the Sims 4 however, my sims living in San Myshuno buy produce from fresh food stands when they have access to one and it's really cute and immersive. What they buy will actually be used for cooking. I would love to see that concept expanded.
    None one of my chef sims are into fishing or gardening (needed for baking), and it can be frustrating (well I have some form of fish store but it's a pet store as the fish can't stay fresh on shelving, and it doesn't matter for fish tanks but would be desastrous for consuming)
  • Options
    SageRainWillowSageRainWillow Posts: 2,221 Member
    I'm so glad I'm not the only one! In Sims 3, I used to sell everything out of the fridge when I started a new family. They had to grow or buy what they needed. Who stands at the fridge and BUYS their meal ingredients?! And I think if you have all the ingredients, there shouldn't be a charge to make it. Like if I have lettuce, does it make sense that I should have to pay $2 to make a salad?

I love the idea of shopping online. I think it would be cute if the community co-op dropped a basket of food you ordered online at your porch that you had to go pick up. (Didn't TS2 have something similar?) Maybe if you leave the basket outside too long, hungry sims (or raccoons??) could pilfer and steal your items.
    42959178421_482f6f6a5c_o.png

• Options
    MinaiMinai Posts: 706 Member
    I'm so glad I'm not the only one! In Sims 3, I used to sell everything out of the fridge when I started a new family. They had to grow or buy what they needed. Who stands at the fridge and BUYS their meal ingredients?! And I think if you have all the ingredients, there shouldn't be a charge to make it. Like if I have lettuce, does it make sense that I should have to pay $2 to make a salad?

I love the idea of shopping online. I think it would be cute if the community co-op dropped a basket of food you ordered online at your porch that you had to go pick up. (Didn't TS2 have something similar?) Maybe if you leave the basket outside too long, hungry sims (or raccoons??) could pilfer and steal your items.

I would love that!!
  • Options
    Sc3niXSc3niX Posts: 2,468 Member
    yes please
  • Options
    ByondTime89ByondTime89 Posts: 1,505 Member
    Farmer's Market Pack please! Added grocery stores, fresh produce stands, etc~
    Gallery & Origin ID: ByondTime89
  • Options
    jellybEAnsim123jellybEAnsim123 Posts: 21 Member
    Oooh! I was also thinking of this idea!
  • Options
    v12creatorv12creator Posts: 3,626 Member
    I would like that as well, everything is too easy on Thesims3 and Thesims4. Remember to ask for these things again when we get to discuss Thesims5.
    jr73Y.gif

• Options
    lmkiturelmkiture Posts: 1,206 Member
    Movotti wrote: »

And farmers markets, who doesn't love farmers markets? (if you don't you must not love food)

We could in TS2, I remember that little basket that would get delivered. And the check fridge interaction :)
  • Options
    the_greenplumbobthe_greenplumbob Posts: 6,105 Member
    Movotti wrote: »

I still think that there should be actual shops where we can buy food, like in The Sims 2, but for those days where you can't be asked to leave the house and go through a loading screen just to buy a few ingredients, shopping online should definitely be an option :smile: