Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

The Vampire Coven Challenge [Updated 02/04]

Comments

• Options
    StormyDayzStormyDayz Posts: 4,035 Member
    @misfit091376 @cshaner I've been letting them feed more often than once a week because they go through the plasma packs so darned fast otherwise! I have a feeding schedule and each night the main vamp takes 2 of the others to feed. I think I've finally got it figured out as far as that goes.

As to hibernation all of their needs are frozen but they also wouldn't be increasing their vampy skills ya know? So maybe miss their vamp training and a feeding or two depending on what day it is? I'm just going down the list and having her train a different one each night. I still haven't figured out how often to have her request training from the other vamps though.
  • Options
    misfit091376misfit091376 Posts: 992 Member
    @cshaner I'm not sure how long it lasts. I think until you cancel it? I've never used it either.

@Rainydayz179 Ah, ok, so they feed every couple of days?

That would work. I haven't fully built my coven yet. I think I may have done a no-no anyway :( I invited Caleb to move in. Is it only supposed to be people we turned to vampires that we move in?
  • Options
    cshanercshaner Posts: 2,620 Member
    @Rainydayz179 are we pre-seeding with our 7 others in our coven and then moving them in when we have spent the first few days skilling up etc with our leader? I know your backstory says "left and convinced 7 others to come with'

I know you're thoughts are likely "it's your game play how you want", but I want to follow the rules as you've envisioned them.
    covensig800x200.jpg?w=676
    SimFluence - Where Sims Influence the Story
    Blood that Binds: A Vampire Coven Challenge Updated 04/22/2017
    Life Under Construction: A Drifter Challenge House 001 Completed 1/29/17 | Orphan Challenge: Harkins Family Completed 11/12/16
    Origin ID: cshaner07
  • Options
    @misfit091376 The problem with Caleb moving in is that he has (I think) master level skills. Even if he was your leader vamp nobody would be able to overthrow him for quite awhile. In my opinion that's the only place he could have but then again you could just make it so he can never be part of the roll that challenges the main vamp? That should work. He'd be handy to help train your main vamp tho. I keep having to invite him over.

@cshaner I'm not sure what you mean by pre-seeding? Do you mean move the others into other lots temporarily? You could do that. I just brought them in from my library kinda like Keres was getting a feel for the place and setting up before the others arrived. But yes, up to you!
  • Options
    @Rainydayz179 yes I meant just creating them ahead of time and having them in the library. Doesn't the game use characters from your library though? Or is it only in the world management if they are part of the unplaced households? I'll probably do as you did and have maybe two households with 3 and four sims in them. I may have children but I will not have toddlers to start!!

My question was mostly if we draw them in after we meet them in game or if we do a "I'm going ahead and staking our claim and will let you 7 know when to arrive". That's how I will play it I think.

Have the rest of my coven waiting for the go ahead from the trail blazer. :smiley:
    Life Under Construction: A Drifter Challenge House 001 Completed 1/29/17 | Orphan Challenge: Harkins Family Completed 11/12/16
  • Options
    @cshaner It was a little bit harder for me because I had the household of 8 already created. Twice I had to place all of them into another lot from my library and then go into CAS and delete the ones already living there! Then move them into the vamp lot. Geeze. So yea I'd suggest different households in your library for each set of vamps that will be moving in if you're doing it gradually like they're slowly escaping the prior master!

Personally I wouldn't have them living in houses and the main vamp inviting them storywise because like I said they're supposed to be leaving the prior coven for whatever reason.
  • Options
    @Rainydayz179 yep yep. Storywise it's going to be she leaves first after contacting Vladislaus who grants permission for Forgotten Hollow, and she will then have the rest of the defectors come in smaller increments. Maybe 2, 3, and 2 depending on who I make, who their relationships are and what their backstories are. :smile:
  • Options
    @cshaner Awesome I can't wait to see what you cook up! I wrote my backstories in the middle of the night on my phone when I couldn't sleep. :D
  • Options
    I'm working on completing house 002 of my Drifters right now and then I'll write Jack's story THEN I'll be getting started on my Coven!! I've been thinking about my matriarchs backstory. I already am head over heels for her!! :heart:
  • Options
    cshaner wrote: »
    I'm working on completing house 002 of my Drifters right now and then I'll write Jack's story THEN I'll be getting started on my Coven!! I've been thinking about my matriarchs backstory. I already am head over heels for her!! :heart:

Awesome! I'm not really attached to Keres. I think she looks cool in her vamp form but other than that I'm meh about her.
  • Options
    Rules have been updated! New additions to the rules:
    • To make it more difficult drop their funds down to $1,000 after you set up their starter lair.
    • I would suggest against the leader having a job. Training drains their energy too much.
    • I would nominate one of your vamps to solely fish and collect frogs for plasma packs.
    • Vampires only travel in pairs or groups for safety and to regulate behavior. Any vamp "caught" by a coven member feeding on a non-stable human is punished. They must "hibernate" in their casket until they have missed their training and at least one feeding.
    • New rule- Regarding randomly generated townie vamps and pre-made vamps... Dating and woohoo is okay. Only female coven members may try for baby with an outside male vamp IF you must replace a vamp following a spar/cure/slay roll. You may move them into the coven but I'd advise against it because they can never challenge for mastery of the coven. One exception to this: If when the new vamp joins the coven they are still in the first level of vampirism. If they are any higher they cannot.
  • Options
    @Rainydayz179 excellent changes to the rules!! I soooo wish the game didn't generate Vampires.
  • Options
    @misfit091376 The problem with Caleb moving in is that he has (I think) master level skills. Even if he was your leader vamp nobody would be able to overthrow him for quite awhile. In my opinion that's the only place he could have but then again you could just make it so he can never be part of the roll that challenges the main vamp? That should work. He'd be handy to help train your main vamp tho. I keep having to invite him over.

That does make sense. I didn't even think about it at the time. My game acts up pretty bad when I have 8 sims, so I was going to do 4-6. And that means less vamps to try to overthrow. I'm not too far into the challenge. I may start over or move Caleb back out.
  • Options
    @Rainydayz179 excellent changes to the rules!! I soooo wish the game didn't generate Vampires.

I'm actually warming up to them... at least in my vamp save. Mostly because one of my vamps kinda likes one he met and I realized the potential there.
    That does make sense. I didn't even think about it at the time. My game acts up pretty bad when I have 8 sims, so I was going to do 4-6. And that means less vamps to try to overthrow. I'm not too far into the challenge. I may start over or move Caleb back out.

I wouldn't re-start. Maybe Caleb decided he didn't like it. He is supposed to be a vegetarian sim isn't he?
  • Options

I'm actually warming up to them... at least in my vamp save. Mostly because one of my vamps kinda likes one he met and I realized the potential there.

I wouldn't re-start. Maybe Caleb decided he didn't like it. He is supposed to be a vegetarian sim isn't he?

Yep and I cannot think he'd like keeping a stable full of humans! Excellent storytelling possibilities there!
  • Options
    Yep and I cannot think he'd like keeping a stable full of humans! Excellent storytelling possibilities there!

He's just a friendly neighbor for me. I'd thought of using him more but truthfully it's like EVERYONE is using him so I'm kinda meh about it now.

One cool thing I just thought of regarding the random vamps is that they don't age! There will be the same ones pretty much from the time the game generates them. Think of the storytelling possibilities in other challenges! Like drifter.... each house heir can be friends with such and such vamp.
  • Options

I think he is lol. I'm not doing storytelling on this one, BUT commentary can mention Maybe he didn't like it :) Thanks!

Too bad I'm not a story teller lol :)

He's just a friendly neighbor for me. I'd thought of using him more but truthfully it's like EVERYONE is using him so I'm kinda meh about it now.

One cool thing I just thought of regarding the random vamps is that they don't age! There will be the same ones pretty much from the time the game generates them. Think of the storytelling possibilities in other challenges! Like drifter.... each house heir can be friends with such and such vamp.

He was just so easy to befriend lol. That would be so cool in drifter!
  • Options

OMG...lightning just struck. What if...one of your generated random vamps was good friends with an heir and then fell in love with the next heir? OMG...the DRAMA. dun dun duuuuun.
  • Options
    OMG...lightning just struck. What if...one of your generated random vamps was good friends with an heir and then fell in love with the next heir? OMG...the DRAMA. dun dun duuuuun.

Sounds kinda like how my Ambrosia Challenge went! :D
  • Options
    @Rainydayz179 Ooooh I love that, I should put your ambrosia on my list. :heart:
  • Options
    @Rainydayz179 Ooooh I love that, I should put your ambrosia on my list. :heart:

Citizen wrote the challenge. It's really fun. I attempted a spin-off but storytelling just isn't for me and I got bored.
  • Options
    So, I found something interesting when I was playing my drifter challenge. When you meet a vamp, it tells you what their level is.

IMvXb9r.png

bGVc4HW.png

I'm not sure if you guys knew that, but it should help in asking for training.
  • Options
    You know I had noticed with Vlad and Caleb but hadn't really thought about it!
  • Options
    @Rainydayz179 Yep, I knew about the challenge being from Citizen's D2D SimLit. Great story and fun challenge to read as well. I've been reading Thymeless' and ra3rei 's ambrosia challenges.

@misfit091376 That's awesome. So on that note Rainy, I guess we could possibly fill house ranks with outsider vamps if they were starter level (what is that minor)?
  • Options
    @cshaner I wasn't sure if you knew cuz not many that I know of have done the challenge which is surprising cuz it's so fun. I need to catch up on raerei's blog but I've got all the drifters on my list ahead of hers. I'm just reading a bit every day and working my way down a long list!

Yea so I was thinking that as long as they are a Minor vamp or Fledgling they can join the coven after a loss to the coven. As to that Keres is on the 3rd tome and still hasn't learned the cure recipe!